Team-BHP > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 11th June 2011, 07:39   #1
BHPian

Eurekaaaa... I am a TBHPian now

Hello folks,

After 2 failed registration attempts and numerous visits as a guest to team BHP, I am now one of you. Thanks to the administrators for taking me into the fold .

About me: I am a communication professional working with a USD 2 billion group from Ahmedabad. My regular passengers during my long drives are my wife and 2 yr old son. At times others too join up though. My fleet consists of a Honda Activa, Maruti Suzuki 800 (fondly called the Fronty) and a 1.6 VTVT Hyundai Verna.

Nothing can charge me up (also can be read as 'unwinding') more than slipping behind the wheels and reving up the long highway in search of a new destination. I am sure, as a BHPian, my future trips will be more informative and interesting.

Thats all for now as an introduction. Will keep coming here more often and share and learn from all you fellows.

Cheers and enjoy driving
Sandy
Old 11th June 2011, 08:58   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Eurekaaaa... I am a TBHPian now

hi Sandy, welcome to the team !

With the kind of highways you have there, it must be a pleasure to go on long drives. And some very picturesque country sides too. Please do share your travelogues as you go on this journey here.

Drive safe.
Old 11th June 2011, 22:00   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
hi Sandy, welcome to the team !

With the kind of highways you have there, it must be a pleasure to go on long drives. And some very picturesque country sides too. Please do share your travelogues as you go on this journey here.

Drive safe.
Thanks condor.... it sure is a pleasure. will surely keep sharing my bit on the travelogues
Old 11th June 2011, 22:36   #4
BHPian

@Sandy28 - A very warm welcome to the team. I joined recently as well and feel equally delighted to be part of TBHP. Happy learning and driving.
Old 12th June 2011, 12:54   #5
BANNED

Joined recently myself as well.
Welcome !
Old 12th June 2011, 16:18   #6
BHPian

Hey sandy28 welcome to the fold! What strikes me is why is the maruti 800 called fronty in Gujarat .I was in bhavnagar for a wedding even there it was reffered as fronty ! Is it that name stuck to it because the drive terrain power s front wheels which was a new one after the rear wheel drives fiat and amby or maybe i am just imagining things.Welcome aboard wish you a knowldge enriching journey with team-bhp , however go through the posting rules we are suppose to strictly adhere to them.
Old 12th June 2011, 18:26   #7
BHPian

fronty? sounds very unique. i have never heard this in Delhi for sure. I'll be equally curious to know the interpretation
Old 13th June 2011, 17:35   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_srini View Post
fronty? sounds very unique. i have never heard this in Delhi for sure. I'll be equally curious to know the interpretation
Quote:
Originally Posted by m-hawk View Post
Hey sandy28 welcome to the fold! What strikes me is why is the maruti 800 called fronty in Gujarat .I was in bhavnagar for a wedding even there it was reffered as fronty ! Is it that name stuck to it because the drive terrain power s front wheels which was a new one after the rear wheel drives fiat and amby or maybe i am just imagining things.Welcome aboard wish you a knowldge enriching journey with team-bhp , however go through the posting rules we are suppose to strictly adhere to them.
Your imagination is right... it was the new front wheel drive feature that gave the 800 this name.

Will surely check the posting rules but just to know... anything wrong with my posting. if yes, do let me know so that i dont repeat them unknowingly. thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by puneet_b View Post
Joined recently myself as well.
Welcome !
Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_srini View Post
@Sandy28 - A very warm welcome to the team. I joined recently as well and feel equally delighted to be part of TBHP. Happy learning and driving.
Thanks Puneet and Raj
Closed Thread

Most Viewed