Team-BHP - Glad to be part of this wonderful community
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Introduce yourself (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/introduce-yourself/)
-   -   Glad to be part of this wonderful community (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/introduce-yourself/102722-glad-part-wonderful-community.html)

Lucky to get the privilege of being accepted in the fold just in second attempt. Thank you Admins & Mods. I'm very glad that I'm now part of this wonderful community.

I'm Neeraj Sinha, aged 37, born & brought up at Samastipur (Bihar), studied at Samastipur, Hyderabad & Delhi (majorly). Aspired to be a lawyer who turned into a wannabe doctor, then a politician, then again a lawyer, but finally ended up becoming an IT Engineer! Strange? Indeed! Had been to places like Kolkata, Varanasi, Gwalior, Gorakhpur in relation to studies. Father was an officer in railways and hence traveled a lot, especially to South India in childhood itself. Had seen the transition of locomotives in India from steam to diesel to electricity driven.

I'm a Manager in a French IT company at Noida and don't do coding stuff out of job requirement, but I still feel proud that I can code in almost any language over the web and it's one of my hobby.

I heard about Team-BHP from Jay Mehta when I was reading his travelogue for Mumbai-Sikkim (link from Facebook) and indeed I was addicted to Team-BHP in no time. And the good thing is that this is accessible from Office too! Had become a fan of HVK for his detailed travelogues.

As my signature says, I'm not that much techy into automotives, although I drove my first vehicle, an LML NV Trident, in 1987 (was allowed to drive only in a huge railway stadium) that Papa procured. We still own that scooter and it still starts in a single kick. My knowledge about the engines and other things came from my eldest brother, who was an Engineer with IAF looking after Jaguars and then Mirage. He taught me how to open the carburetor, adjust the air and oil jets for the optimum performance and mileage.

First vehicle that I purchased on my own - Scorpio Lx CRDi November 2007 - the 2600 Cc beast which is still with me, and proudly sports the "Live to Drive" Team-BHP sticker! Although between the LML & Scorpio, have driven the old beauty bikes like Yejdi (the best thing I loved about it is the kick which doubled as the gear), Java (the double silencer thingie), Enfield Bullet 350 army owned & refurbished, Hero Honda CD100, Yamaha RX 100 and a Kinetic Safari, not to forget a Bajaj M80 on which I've clocked over 90kmps fully loaded! And indeed gifted an Enfield Bullet Electra 350 to my elder brother.

A strange thing about my rendezvous with my Scorpio is that I learned to drive it much after I purchased it! I didn't knew driving till about 7 months after I had purchased it, I was afraid that I would slam it somewhere. Then I started learning driving from my brother in wee hours of night which went on for about a month and then I could drive it on my own. By chance, didn't got leave approved in time to get the rail reservation for my hometown in 2008 and then one find day in October, I asked my wife if she was ready to risk her life with me visiting our native place on the Scorpio! Hardly having driven over 200kms in all, this was about a 2500kms drive and she agreed. And the rest is history! Visit to home on the Scorpio has become a bi-annual ritual now!

The drive ignited a passion and since then if I've been on a vehicle, it has been only on the driving seat. I can drive over 1000kms at a stretch or for about 20 hours continuous single-handedly and hence the ID. Have clocked Delhi-Bikaner-Jaisalmer-Jodhpur-Udaipur-Jaipur-Delhi, shorties in and around Delhi like Mussoorie, Nainital, Rishikesh. Planning a Leh trip this year and a Sikkim next year.

I have been a responsible driver and my friends even hate for this as I'd not stop the car in the middle of the road to ask addresses, or to drop them off. My wife hates it when I'd not start the Scorpio until she has fastened the seat belt! However, I've not yet ever been caught for traffic rule violation or ever paid bribe for it. Have never met with accident although I tend to clock higher speeds when I'm on highways.

Hope to learn a lot from you people and sometimes amend my signature. :)

welcome on tbhp Neeraj.

nice introduction.

i like automobiles but after 12th i was in BSc & next year in BSL (5 years law degree).:deadhorse

BTW i started to drive in 8th class.:D

please go trough tbhp rules here.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/announ...etiquette.html (Expected Posting Etiquette) (Expected Posting Etiquette)

Announcements - Team-BHP

rgds,
Nikhil

Thanks Nikhil for a warm welcome. Good to know that you're a law degree holder. I do plan to do it sometime in future.

Seems not many people read long and detailed introduction now-a-days though :)

Thanks for the links for the rules and announcement sections. I have gone through most of them now. I have administered vBulletin boards for a couple of years and hence I do understand the plugins & extensions and how they work (my IT experience helps), so it's fairly easy for me to understand the functionality.

Welcome Nonstop-Driver. Neat and detailed introduction. I hope your wife was honoured with the bravery award for deciding to take the trip with you. :)

Now i am waiting for some Nonstop TLs from you :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nonstop-driver (Post 2388604)
Thanks Nikhil for a warm welcome. Good to know that you're a law degree holder. I do plan to do it sometime in future.

Seems not many people read long and detailed introduction now-a-days though :)

yes most of them are one liners.:uncontrol

BTW i am in 3rd year BSL.

rgds,
Nikhil

That is a very nice introduction post, welcome Neeraj ji :)
Your driving manners are highly appreciated.:thumbs up
Good luck with your leh trip, and hope you have a nice time here.

Quote:

Originally Posted by amitwlele (Post 2388798)
Welcome Nonstop-Driver. Neat and detailed introduction. I hope your wife was honoured with the bravery award for deciding to take the trip with you. :)

Now i am waiting for some Nonstop TLs from you :D

Thanks Amit for the appreciation! Will definitely post updated details of my travelogues as and when I undertake them. As for my wife, yes I'm very proud of her and believe that my feelings towards her compensate for the bravery award.

And by the way, I love your pic on the Yezdi!

Still waiting for your introduction to go through!

Quote:

Originally Posted by figo_united (Post 2389271)
That is a very nice introduction post, welcome Neeraj ji :)
Your driving manners are highly appreciated.:thumbs up

Thanks figo_united for appreciating. I believe we all have to just do our bit and the puzzle will automatically be solved.

Another software professional with interest in hardware! Good to know.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeepster (Post 2389247)
yes most of them are one liners.:uncontrol

BTW i am in 3rd year BSL.

rgds,
Nikhil

Agree Nikhil. A detailed introduction helps understanding the person and then you know that you can gel well with the person.

And by the way, is that you with the fleet of jeeps, and on the driving seat of the truck? Lovely. Good to have a lawyer who can play with wrenches too! (and your sketches are too good). Kudos!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nonstop-driver (Post 2389458)
1. And by the way, I love your pic on the Yezdi!

2. Still waiting for your introduction to go through!

1. Thanks. That was taken during one of the Pune BHP meets. That is not my ride. I wish it was.

2. It would be too late for me to post on the Introduce Yourself thread now. But to give you a brief i am also into IT (not again :D) working as a fuctional consultant/PM in Oracle EBS implementations. I am based out of Pune.

Welcome aboard Nonstop-driver. On first glance of your intro i wondered if your handle should have been Nonstop-typer! :p j/k.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nonstop-driver (Post 2387638)
I have been a responsible driver and my friends even hate for this as I'd not stop the car in the middle of the road to ask addresses, or to drop them off. My wife hates it when I'd not start the Scorpio until she has fastened the seat belt! However, I've not yet ever been caught for traffic rule violation or ever paid bribe for it. Have never met with accident although I tend to clock higher speeds when I'm on highways.

Hope to learn a lot from you people and sometimes amend my signature.

I hope a lot of people learn from you!

Cheers,
R

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rehaan (Post 2391029)
Welcome aboard Nonstop-driver. On first glance of your intro i wondered if your handle should have been Nonstop-typer! :p j/k.

I hope a lot of people learn from you!
R

Thanks Rohan. You'd understand that a programmer has this unique ability to complicate things by writing thousands of lines of code to accomplish simple tasks, primitive like counting things. Probably the same behaviour got on top of me while writing my introduction agree:

As for people learning for me, they quite often get angry and the recent one was when one of my friend shouted at me during our Rishikesh trip last month.:deadhorse

Welcome to TBHP Nonstop-driver. I hope you don't type as you drivelol: coz you seem to be always on the road if your handle name is anything to go by.

Thanks fuel_addict!

Going by the handle, people can imaging many funny things about others. :D

I'm not always on road, but then do like long sojourns driving about 14-22 hours at a stretch.