Team-BHP - Hello from Hyderabad.
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Introduce yourself (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/introduce-yourself/)
-   -   Hello from Hyderabad. (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/introduce-yourself/102967-hello-hyderabad.html)

Hello Friends,

Very glad to be part of this wonderful and very useful gold mine (aka team bhp) . Little bit proud to say that, i got in on second attempt (albeit about 6 months after futile first attempt).

About myself :
Mid 30s , currently working as a Software Architect in Hyderabad . Was in US for 12 years , before that.

Current rides :
2010 Ford Fiesta 1.4 SXI (diesel) - ~7000 KM till date (bought in December 2010). Will put up buying experience and initial ownership thread soon. Brave decision considering that i had no prior driving exp. in India and with manual shift , but worked out very well so far (in big part , thanks to team bhp and its wealth of knowledge shared by esteemed members).
2010 Honda Aviator (Two wheeler)

Previous 4 wheeler rides (all in US and all automatic) in reverse chronological ownership (owned no more than one vehicle at any time) :
2006 Honda Accord EX-L (beautiful machine , very few initial niggles and a humming bird after that all the time) .Owned it for 4 years before selling it prior to our return to India (family reasons).
1995 Volvo 960 (6 cyl , 190hp ,very comfortable , but due to bad maintenance by previous owner , was very expensive to maintain).
2003 Volkswagen Jetta (turned out be a lemon , fought the case with VW USA in BBB and won it. )
Older toyota camry v6 and even older corolla before that.

Things that helped me buying the Fiesta and also the driving experience (new to 4 wheeler in India and also new to manual shift) :
1. Tbhp Ownership threads on fiesta.
2. 10 - 12 driving classes here in Hyd.
3. Various tbhp threads on manual shift driving (when to change gears ,when not to press clutch , break-in period suggestions to name a few)

The following sections/threads i visit almost daily on Tbhp :
1.Techinical Stuff , ownership reviews , Indian automotive scene.
2. Shifting gears : Guide to eating out in Hyd/Secunderabad. Obviously you guys dont know me yet , but am already a huge fan of this thread and its contributors. Tried out KIMS Chicken Biryani , Alpha hotel sec'bad , BadeMiya , Palace Heights again to name a few (thanks to Mobike , SILVERWOOD and other contributors to this thread ) .
3. Travelogues and tbhp meet threads.

Looking forward to be a proud member of this forum and to contribute whatever i can and also eagerly waiting to meet , at least some of you members in person.

Hope i didn't bore you guys with slightly longer introduction.

Best regards,
sr912m.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sr912m (Post 2393645)
Tried out KIMS Chicken Biryani , Alpha hotel sec'bad , BadeMiya , Palace Heights again to name a few (thanks to Mobike , SILVERWOOD and other contributors to this thread ) .
3. Travelogues and tbhp meet threads.

Looking forward to be a proud member of this forum and to contribute whatever i can and also eagerly waiting to meet , at least some of you members in person.sr912m.

Dear sr912m,

Welcome to Team-Bhp and Hyderabad.

Hydeez (Hyderabad Team-Bhpian's) are most active fellas on this forum.We regularly conduct drive and city meets.A monsoon drive meet is on the cards.

Looking forward to meeting you soon.

Regards,

SILVERWOOD.

Welcome sr912m, good to see more Hydeez on Team-BHP. Extending a warm welcome on behalf of all the Hydeez. We Hydeez do loitter mostly on the "Guide to eating out in Hyd/Secunderabad" and "Hyderabad Meets" Thread. Hope to see you in the next meet.

Welcome to Team BHP and the mad-cap world of Hydeez.

Please check the rules and am sure you'll have a wonderful stay. Furthermore, as you are already aware about the meet thread and food thread, not posting the links here again. Hope to see you sometime soon.

Cheers

Welcome to Hydeez camp of Team BHP.Do post some pictures of your earlier cars,especially Jetta.I have a VW Golf.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SILVERWOOD (Post 2393668)
Dear sr912m,

Welcome to Team-Bhp and Hyderabad.

Hydeez (Hyderabad Team-Bhpian's) are most active fellas on this forum.We regularly conduct drive and city meets.A monsoon drive meet is on the cards.

Looking forward to meeting you soon.

Regards,

SILVERWOOD.

Quote:

Originally Posted by traveloholic (Post 2393691)
Welcome sr912m, good to see more Hydeez on Team-BHP. Extending a warm welcome on behalf of all the Hydeez. We Hydeez do loitter mostly on the "Guide to eating out in Hyd/Secunderabad" and "Hyderabad Meets" Thread. Hope to see you in the next meet.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MileCruncher (Post 2393730)
Welcome to Team BHP and the mad-cap world of Hydeez.

Please check the rules and am sure you'll have a wonderful stay. Furthermore, as you are already aware about the meet thread and food thread, not posting the links here again. Hope to see you sometime soon.

Cheers

Quote:

Originally Posted by hillram (Post 2393944)
Welcome to Hydeez camp of Team BHP.Do post some pictures of your earlier cars,especially Jetta.I have a VW Golf.

Thank you all. Looking forward to meet you guys in future meet(s).

Hillram , At the moment i can't find the Jetta's pictures in my laptop and my external Hard disk seems to have been misplaced. As soon as i find the disk and if i find the pictures i will definitely post them. It has been almost 8 years since i (dis)owned the Jetta.