Team-BHP > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 17th June 2011, 00:41   #1
BHPian

New feather in cap - "a TBHPian"

Hello friends,

I want to buy a new car and started searching on net for reviews and I landed on Team-BHP ("The Treasure of Information"). For past 9 to 10 Months, I had been a silent reader of various threads on Team-BHP. The research and reviews of various fellow bhpians gave me new perspective in car buying. Before going to particular car's dealership, most of the information about the car, used to be with me. This helped me to judge car's suitability w.r.t. the requirements. Finally I booked car on 3rd June 2011 and urge to share my experience cropped up. So I applied for membership and today it got through. I would like to thank Administrators for giving me this opportunity.

About Me:

I am born, brought up in Kolhapur (Maharashtra) and at present I live with my family there itself. It is located on NH4 (Pune-Banglore) about 250 KM from Pune. Kolhapur (also known as "Dakshin Kashi") is a place of religious importance due to famous "Mahalaxmi Mandir".

I am a post graduate from I. I. T. Madras and after doing job for few years, about 12 years ago, started a Software Development Firm. We develop custom made software for Banking, Manufacturing and Courier Management sector.

This is brief introduction of me. Soon, I will post about my research, buying process and experience I had with various dealership. After delivery I will post detailed review of the car.

So long till then, take care and happy revving.
Old 17th June 2011, 07:26   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: New feather in cap - "a TBHPian"

Welcome Whitelion to T-BHP Family. Good to see BHPian from a relatively new location - Kolhapur. I mean new on the forum.

Would the mystery about which car you finally booked be revealed in a separate thread?
Old 17th June 2011, 11:28   #3
BHPian

Welcome to Team-BHP mate. Looking forward for some Kolhapuri thaska

And yes as Amitwlele said, please do unfold the mystery of which car you finally booked.
Old 17th June 2011, 14:35   #4
BHPian

Welcome to T-BHP whitelion.
Having a CEO of a software company here is great!
Looking forward to read about your experiences.

Wish you a lot of happy miles with your figo!
Old 17th June 2011, 14:39   #5
Team-BHP Support

Now any of you folks on the Hyd-Goa or Pune-Goa trips, if you get stuck in Kolhapur, you know whom to call and where to land up!

See you around.
Old 17th June 2011, 14:41   #6
BHPian

Hi whitelion,

Welcome to the family of Autonistas. Keep revvin'.
Old 17th June 2011, 14:42   #7
Senior - BHPian

Welcome to the Forum. Have a pleasant stay here.
Old 17th June 2011, 22:48   #8
BHPian

I know I have a fellow TBHP ian in Kolhapur now. Welcome to TBHP.
Old 18th June 2011, 12:55   #9
BHPian

Hi Whitelion
Welcome aboard and have a great time on T-BHP. Anyone who is booking a car on joining as a newbie should give a treat to all the T-BHP members
Old 21st June 2011, 18:41   #10
BHPian

Thanks to All guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adalvi View Post
Welcome to Team-BHP mate. Looking forward for some Kolhapuri thaska

And yes as Amitwlele said, please do unfold the mystery of which car you finally booked.
Its misconception that Kolhapur has "Thasaka". Normal food here is not that hot, its hotels in other location serve very hot food under the name "Kolhapuri".
As far as people are concerned we are Polite, Soft Spoken and Very Very amicable when we are dealt with same qualities. Any deviation from this from other side turns us exactly opposite. Please visit here and enjoy our hospitality.
Its standing invitation to all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by figo_united View Post
Welcome to T-BHP whitelion.
Having a CEO of a software company here is great!
Looking forward to read about your experiences.

Wish you a lot of happy miles with your figo!
Thanks Figo_United, I have read your thread many times and helped me in Consolidating my decision.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Now any of you folks on the Hyd-Goa or Pune-Goa trips, if you get stuck in Kolhapur, you know whom to call and where to land up!

See you around.
Why do you need to get stuck to call me. Please call me when You are passing by and enjoy a nice Kolhapuri food from me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adg_andy View Post
Hi whitelion,

Welcome to the family of Autonistas. Keep revvin'.
Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post
Welcome to the Forum. Have a pleasant stay here.
Surely, I tried for membership to contribute and definitely will do that to my level best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_srini View Post
I know I have a fellow TBHP ian in Kolhapur now. Welcome to TBHP.
Yes it seems that I am only one from Kolhapur, though Kolhapur RTO stands in first 10 as far as No of vehicles registered is concerned. I would like to make people around me aware of T-BHP and have few more members here too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieseldunk View Post
Hi Whitelion
Welcome aboard and have a great time on T-BHP. Anyone who is booking a car on joining as a newbie should give a treat to all the T-BHP members
Oh, sure. drop in any time and we will celebrate.
"Kolhapuri" non-veg food is very famous.

To all, who have shown eagerness in knowing which car I booked, Its Ford Figo TDCI ZXI, white. Detailed booking and initial Test Drive report after I complete the required quota for Posting Thread and Delivery of Figo.

CaptainSlow called his figo "Black Donkey", When I test drove Figo I felt that "Donkey" Analogy does not suit figo at all. but "Lion" analogy suits Figo better. it has got grace, weight and power of lion and it roars too. It does not bray like a donkey. Its is not as swift like "Cheetah" but moves enough fast and has Royal looks. So I have decided to name my Figo as "White Lion" and hence my Nick.
Old 22nd June 2011, 13:48   #11
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitelion View Post
Why do you need to get stuck to call me. Please call me when You are passing by and enjoy a nice Kolhapuri food from me.
Anytime sir ! Just that whenever I read travelogues, folks were always found wanting in order to cross Kolhapur on to the Konkan side.

Hence the comment !
Old 22nd June 2011, 14:07   #12
BHPian

Hi whitelion, welcome aboard and i have a team there in kolhapur for my business. I've come there once and enjoyed every bit of the food and hospitality of the people there..
Old 22nd June 2011, 17:06   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kphilip View Post
Hi whitelion, welcome aboard and i have a team there in kolhapur for my business. I've come there once and enjoyed every bit of the food and hospitality of the people there..
Please let me know about next visit, I would like to meet you in person. If your team needs any help in Kolhapur, Please let me know.
Old 23rd June 2011, 09:26   #14
BHPian

Thank u whitelion, well will be surely informing you about my next trip. I've seen in team bhp only, the mehti's( Not sure of the name) has got quiet a number of fancy cars in kolhapur. Would love to see them if possible.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed