Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 26th June 2011, 16:31   #1
BHPian

Namaste from Noida!

Hi petrolheads and dieselhearts,

Warm greetings! First of all, I am really happy to be here, amongst the exclusive group of the Indian automotive world. Thanks for letting me in.

I am an engineer-MBA and have been working with a premier PSU, almost forever. As routine as my professional life appears, equally staid would my automotive profile read. Most part, I have lived a practical risk-averse life, with a vehicle for me being a practical means to take one from point A to B. Drove around a moped called Luna and a scooter called Chetak in my teens. As far as ownership is concerned, owned a scooter (Hamara Bajaj, what else?!) early on, then a run-of-the mill Suzuki motorbike (I ought to give myself a little credit for allowing myself the pleasure of moving on from the practicality of a scooter to the sportiness of a bike!) and have been owning an M800 - since 1996.

When searching for my new car, I had similar insipid practical considerations in my mind viz. reliability, bit of comfort, provision of basic features, mileage etc., which about every other car seemed to offer. So my really important criterion initially was how the car looked, and had a bit of inclination for a car that would offer decent ride quality. However, deep in my heart I knew something was seriously amiss. I could not quite figure out why I often liked a particular car more than the other. And it was not about the looks or seating comfort. Then I stumbled upon team-bhp.com, and the life has not been the same. I suddenly realized that the cars were not really inanimate objects but had their own traits and personalities, as well as idiosyncrasies. I started getting hooked onto the new fascinating world. From practical viewpoint, the new insight gave me the confidence in decision-making, as also helped me with the purchase process.

At one point during the car selection decision, I was stuck between Manza Elan and Etios. Made an attempt at registering with team-bhp that failed. However, team-bhp refused to leave me without help and the thread from gautam109 came to my rescue. After the purchase of my Etios VX (huh, practical again?! Not quite, but more on that in my initial ownership review), again made an attempt for registration with the intention of sharing my selection experience and initial ownership review. Rejected again! I thought, just as well. As the new car was already bought and the next car is perhaps a decade away, my newfound passion for cars was probably temporary and would soon fade anyway. Only it was not to be. I realized that I was really enjoying learning more and more about cars and their intricacies, new launches and so on. Friends and colleagues were seeking my suggestions for car buying decisions. So here I am finally with the hope to keep the enthusiasm alive, to learn more, to share and to help the prospective car buyers with whatever insights I have gained.

They say life begins at the age of forty. So I am really in the initial years of my life that promises to be wonderful and exciting.

Thanks again and cheers!
Old 26th June 2011, 23:26   #2
BHPian

Re: Namaste from Noida!

Hello RadiantKarma,

Welcome to Team-BHP

Nice to see a fellow bhpian from Noida. Hope to bump with you sometime.

Regards,
Neeraj Sinha
Old 27th June 2011, 07:55   #3
BANNED

Hello, now that you are finally here so post the pics of your car and the dealerchip expericence, etc in the initial ownershiip thread. Yes, it is true, until you catch the fever of T-BHP the car is just a car and after that it is more than a car.

Welcome, and I hope you find these forums helpful in owning and maintaining your car and for sharing your experiences with like minded people.
Old 27th June 2011, 14:27   #4
BHPian

Thanks Neeraj. Happy to hear so soon from a fellow Noidaiite. We will surely bump into each other some fine day.

Thanks zaks for the welcome and for reminding me of my duties as a member of this wonderful site. Intend to post initial ownership thread as soon as possible.

Regards.
Old 28th June 2011, 11:12   #5
BHPian

Hey RadiantKarma! Welcome to team-bhp and look forward to seeing you around on the forums.

I recently crossed 600 kms on my Etios. The car has been good in some areas and disappointing in others. Am working on my own review and hope to post it by this weekend. Hope you read your review soon as well and compare experiences with you and all the other Etios owners on team-bhp.
Old 28th June 2011, 11:30   #6
BHPian

Hello RadiantKarma. Welcome to Team-Bhp... good to see a fellow from Noida.

Glad to see someone from PSU. Can you name the PSU here or maybe PM me. It might be possible that we are associated to the same Premier PSU(I might be wrong though, just guessing).
Old 29th June 2011, 12:27   #7
BHPian

Thanks Gautam, looking forward to your review. We'll sure have a lot to share.

Thanks setuniket. Good to hear from you. As a newbie, I do not yet have PM rights.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks