Team-BHP - Lancer when the butt hurts from the Gypsy!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Introduce yourself (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/introduce-yourself/)
-   -   Lancer when the butt hurts from the Gypsy! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/introduce-yourself/10414-lancer-when-butt-hurts-gypsy.html)

Hi Guys !!

Truly, Where were y'all when one was parched and hungry for info!!

I drive a Maruti Gypsy King in New Delhi, which I love driving most, and when the butt aches from the bounces I switch to a Mitsubishi Lancer Petrol.

Been having a bad time of it with pathetic mechanics, so both vehicles are not in top shape. Love to exchange some info.

Bless ya'all !!

Walter

welcome to bhpian familyyy.njoy ur stay

Welcome aboard bro,
enjoy your stay here. We to own a lancer. Quite a nice car but the service does suck.

Hi, I have had a ride in Mahindra. Its really a wild car to have.

About the lancer. We have one and we are completely satisfied by the service too. Wouldnt say about the corporate feedback though.

TO help you we need to know what problems the cars are suffering from.

hey buddy welcome to the team
sure gypsy is a spine breaker i ve seen it bouncing on speed breakers even at low speeds

hey dude

welcome to tbhp.im sure youll enjoy your stay.

rev

Hey Walterdee ! Welcome to Team-bhp , have a gr8 stay .

Gosh, my girl would love to have a conversation with you, since the harshness of my Mahindra CJ always gets to her.

Walterdee, welcome to the community!

GTO

Hey Guys!!!

I'm so glad so many of you responded. About my Lancer, Its a 2000 model petrol and I used to go to the (unnamed) authorised service center in Delhi. Those guys routinely ripped you off. They always took your number, and before you knew it you could expect a call saying, "Oh, the anti-rust coating is scratched badly, should we do that up or your "alignment is off, should we fix it" "Or, the break lining is almost worn out we suggest you put in new pads". This was in the early years when the rearview glass got ripped out every other week 'coz they charged you 1700 bucks or something to replace it!! I quit going to them after they ripped out all four of my window-glass mechanisms and replaced them with junks, all four of which all quit on me within three days of a service!! I learned that they were not getting any replacements from the factory then.

My private mechanic let me do 24000 kms with the brake pads those guys were forcing me to replace !!!!

Now I have tire trouble, although a couple of them are over 20000 km, theres still a lot of the tread left, but they were giving off a terrible wobble. I moved the older tyres to the rear, and the steering doesn't buck any more, but I can feel the tyres wobble at the rear. I am told it is something to do with the alignment of the steel belts in the radial going wonky. Does anyone know if this could be true? And anyways which are good tyres to put on this machine?

rgds
Walterdee

Quote:

they were giving off a terrible wobble. I moved the older tyres to the rear, and the steering doesn't buck any more, but I can feel the tyres wobble at the rear. I am told it is something to do with the alignment of the steel belts in the radial going wonky.
Try balancing the wheels accurately. Must solve the problem.

Welcome,by the way :)

your car must really be in a bad shape.

Some other lancer owner from Delhi must be able to help you find a good place for service.