Team-BHP > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th July 2011, 23:20   #1

Hello BHPians!!

Glad to be approved and be part of team-bhp!!! I've relocated from US although a year back and glad to be in Bangalore.

As a first step I wanted to get my Indian car driving license so I can drive here. So I went thru a driving school and took the lessons and unfortunately when it came to the actual driving test the instructor failed me for a minor technicality (saying I need to practice a lot while reversing) :-(. In my 15 years of driving in US, never faced such a problem. Apart from this, my six months is up with the Learning license. Only option is to reapply for LL.

I have a California driving license and would like to get a India driving license. I heard that its possible to go to RTO and fill form 4 and provide the necessary documents to get the Indian license without giving a driving test. Is that still true? secondly, since I have already given the driving test (& failed), can I take this route to get the DL? If not, is there any other option?

Thanks for your help.
Anil
Old 8th July 2011, 00:08   #2
BHPian

Re: Hello BHPians!!

Welcome to the forum. And on a different note - welcome to India.

It should be possible to convert your US licence to an Indian one with TD. In my experience if you just go to RTO without an agent, things are a lot easier - at least here in Pune.

Best of luck with your licence.
SushilBajpai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2011, 23:53   #3

Re: Hello BHPians!!

Thanks Sushil. Will give this a try and see. Hopefully I will get this time.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed