Team-BHP > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 10th February 2006, 18:56   #1
Senior - BHPian

Hi, guys

this site rocks, am glad i discovered it, i'm looking to buy a new car, i thught the optra 1.6 base suited me even though i would have to really stretch my budget, guys what's the take on this car? like its FE, maintenance, GM says 2yr service holiday, what does that mean? My driving is around 35 kms daily mostly in the outskirts, i have an old cielo fitted with a landi renzo gas kit and get above 300kms every cylinder for the past 6 yrs, also have a santro xing xg, fe is about 14 in the city, which do u think is a better car?Optra 1.6, baleno vxi or accent gle?
Old 11th February 2006, 11:38   #2
BHPian

First of all welcome to the forum mate, have a great stay...ppl call me OBIVAN KANOBI btw.
The Optra is a good choice no doubt..but you can have a look at the Corolla or the City Zx......all are worthy.
Old 11th February 2006, 11:50   #3
Senior - BHPian

Optra would be the pick of the lot and would also be the most luxurious among the Corolla and the City.
Old 11th February 2006, 13:08   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Hey bro,
welcome aboard and enjoy your stay here. The Optra would be the best choice amongst all 3. Go for it. Also check out the Fiesta. That is a good competitor and come for almost 2L less.
Old 11th February 2006, 17:17   #5
Senior - BHPian

Hey Lukeskywalker,
Welcome to team-bhp.....

Cheers,
Mugen_Power
Old 11th February 2006, 17:40   #6
Senior - BHPian

hey dude

welcome to tbhp.if i were you i would go in for the baleno get thicker rubber a nice music setup.any way enjoy your stay here.

Rev
Old 13th February 2006, 07:46   #7

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

hey welcome to tbhp mate...
as for your question,all the three cars would give u near identical mileage(+/-1-2kmpl).i have a chevy optra royale with the vgis engine,and it is givin me 9-10 in city with ac (100%).but the engine doesnt boil over 2500rpm.you have to decide by driving all the cars yourself.out of the three accent gle will be the cheapest and you can use the rest of the money for fuel.so stick according to ur budget,and keep in mind that in the future fuel prices WILL increase .otherwise all the three cars are pretty good
accent works out cheapest with a good dealer network
baleno....maruti....need i say more
optra.....snob value,big car feel,nice ride and comfort.
best of luck.
hellspawn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2006, 09:36   #8
Senior - BHPian

thanx guys, hellspawn thanks for the sensible suggestion, i still like the optra though, maybe it's the daewoo lineage, been driving a cielo for the past 6 yrs, and optra eels like an extension of one, anyway i'l let my pockets decide, optra if i get a huge discount, anyway what's the maintainence cost of an optra? Like how much does it cost each service?
Old 17th February 2006, 18:35   #9
Senior - BHPian

welcome to the forum, buddy.
the optra is sure one nice car. but i am not sure about the FE claims
floating around here. have a guy in my apartment complex who has the OPtra 1.6 and says he gets a measly 8kmpl in the city (with a/c on always). compared to that, I guess I am blessed when it comes to FE with
my Baleno that gives 50% more (12kmpl) under same conditions.
Old 18th February 2006, 12:32   #10
Senior - BHPian

Welcome to t'bhp dude.

Do search around for reviews of various cars. Optra sure if a gr8 car and one of tbhp mods have it. but aint it a bit costly?

Baleno.. a vfm car now. period.

accent.. a vvvfm car,but i guess its newer version would be launched sometime late this year( but at a slightly higher price). My boxx drives accent gle ( for 5 yrs) and the biggest money he spend on the car is for the battery!

did u check fiesta?
jkdas is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed