Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th July 2011, 03:49   #1
BHPian

One year of membership and now the INTRO

Yes its been that long, it truly has been one year since I got my T'bhp membership, but somehow I never got down to writing (typing), maintaining my silent observer status!

Well here goes:
Name : Adhiraj Singh Rathore, yup a Rajput, but a peace loving one! Jeeps they say are ingrained in our inner cores! I am no exception!
Studies/Padhai:
Schooling: Lawrence Lovedale, Ooty, TN
Graduation: B.E in Mechanical, Rajasthan University, I always wanted to do Transportation design, but there was not much there at that time so did Engg.
Post-Grad: Currently pursuing Masters in Digital Design from DSK Supinfocom International Campus, Pune, Yes I am one of 8 members of the team which got selected for the Ferrari World Design Project ( I am not showing-off, the designs are not my mine, I just did the Digital Work for the project, just wanted to inform as some T'bhp members had asked).
Residence: Jaipur.
0-24 years, what I have been upto?:
At 0, my mom says the things that kept me happy were cars, I have been told my first ever ambition in life was to become a Tyre, so I could be with cars all the time. Son to an Indian Army officer, have seen pretty much the whole country, brought up in Jeeps, Jongas, 1 Ton, 3 Ton, Tatras and my favourite TANKS, the T-55 at that. Till class 10, anyone who asked which is your favourite car, the reply would be the Jonga, coming from the crazed car fanatic in class, left my classmates amused, but it was the most powerful vehicle I had ever been in. I still want to own one. I am a big fan of Soviet/ Russian military hardware, be it their submarines, jets, tanks, trucks. I still keep tabs on their latest weapons.
I love Formula 1, my Team is Williams F1, my world revolves around this Team, sadly their recent performances have left me watching less F1, but their is reason for hope on the horizon. My favourite era of F1 is the 80's turbo era.
WRC: Supporter of the now defunct Subaru World Rally Team from the early nineties, a time when I did not understand the rules but just saw the cars RALLYING! I currently support and have been supporting for the past nine years Petter Solberg and his team Petter Solberg World Rally Team.
My favourite era for rally is the awesome Group B, the cars I love from this period are Lancia Delta S4, Lancia 037, Audi Quattro S1, Peugeot T16. Basically I love Lancia Martini.
Dakar: Supported the now defunct Mitsubishi Dakar Rally Team,in bikes I support David Casteu.
Not much of motoGP fan.
In Indian cars, my favourite car for the past 10 years has been the Fiat Palio,
I have tried like crazy to get her to be part of the family for the same amount of time, but no chance, thanks to Fiat's great ***, there are some stories to be told about me and this car but all that will come as part the intro of my ownership experience when I buy the PALIO, that is whenever I start working, hopefully soon. The other car I really want is the Peugeot 309, this love affair is been going on since the past one year, again there is a story to be told but thats for later.
My Indian car wishlist:
1. Fiat Palio 1.6 GTX, S10, Sport
2. Peugeot 309
3. Fiat Linea T-jet
4. Skoda Laura Tsi
5. An american 50's classic
6. 2-3 modification projects
7. Jeep, Jonga
8. T-55 tank

International Car wishlist:
1. Lancia Delta
2. Lancia Fulvia
3. Audi Quattro
4. Subaru Impreza Sti
5. many more.

Other Interests: My work, Music, Travelling, the Long Way Around series inspires me a lot, Top Gear, Discovery TURBO, old war movies.

Reason for joining the forum: People sometimes find me talking about cars a tad too much(read boring!), so began the search of finding fellow car enthusiasts, hence Here I am on T'Bhp.

So there it is, A work of Art! Less of an Intro and more of a Autobiography hahahahha

Thank you everyone for reading this long Intro, hope it was not too boring.

Williams F1.

Last edited by aah78 : 15th July 2011 at 06:29. Reason: Please limit smileys to 2/post. Thanks!
Old 14th July 2011, 06:59   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: One year of membership and now the INTRO

Welcome Williams to T-BHP family and congrats for getting selected in the Ferrari Design Project. So what is the current status of the competition?
Old 15th July 2011, 13:21   #3
BHPian

Re: One year of membership and now the INTRO

Thank you amitwlele.

For the Ferrari project, the juries are going to start today at Ferrari, the transportation designers along with our teachers will presenting the cars, the results will be declared on the 19.

Williams F1.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks