Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th July 2011, 16:36   #1

Finally, I join Team-BHP

A long time ago around 2004-05, I was an active member of other motorcycle focused forums when I heard about a new forum called Team-BHP. I had a look, it was all about cars and being a true biker I never joined.
Some years back I visited TBhp again when a friend asked me to read about fake Skoda parts scam. Team-BHP by then had grown to become, perhaps the best automotive forum. I guess I had created this account back then.
Over the years, I have seen Tean-BHP stickers on cars and even read some of your motorcycle related threads too. Somehow, I never joined, maybe I was too lazy.
My name is Shiva Prasad a.k.a Prodigy or Prodigy350. I am 27 year old IT professional working for Fiserv, Noida. I started riding bikes when I was 19 and so far owned an Yamaha RX100, RE Bullet 350, Yamaha RD350 (US-Spec), Karizma R, Yamaha RX135 5 speed, Yamaha R15 and now ride a rather slow Suzuki GS150R.
Why join Team-BHP now ? Well, Last year I got married and in a couple of months I knew that I have to switch to Cars sooner than later. I have tried to live in denial that I would not need a car etc. but finally realised that I need a car more than I like a car.
I am soon planning to buy a Maruti Alto K10 (read the entire 36 pages of dicussion) on that car and I am sure TBHP will turn me into a car enthusiast soon.

Regards,
Shiva
Old 16th July 2011, 13:16   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Finally, I join Team-BHP

Welcome to Team BHP, that's a long-long time to stay in newbie state. I was not able to resist and start posting immediately.

Congratulations for your Alto, do start a buying experience and ownership thread as soon as you get the car.
Old 16th July 2011, 13:30   #3
BHPian

Hi Shiva,

Welcome to Team BHP !

You have a very nice collection of bikes there, Yamaha and Bullet under single garage. wow!

Do post all the pictures from your garage here, that will treat for Yamaha /RE lovers.

Thanks,
Vishal.
Old 16th July 2011, 16:56   #4
BHPian

Hi Shiva Prasad, (Prodigy 350)
That's a nice nickname. Welcome to Team BHP. Hope to see your posts soon. All the very best to you for having decided on the car of your Choice. I am sure that you would soon go about testing all the different models of cars like you have for the bikes.
All the very Best.
Old 16th July 2011, 19:07   #5
Senior - BHPian

Welcome Prodigy
better late than never
feels good to see you here
and i am going to follow your transition from 2 to 4 wheels
Old 16th July 2011, 20:05   #6
BHPian

Welcome to Team-BHP, Shiva !! Looking forward to reading your experiences as your transition into a 4-wheeler owner !!
Old 16th July 2011, 22:27   #7
Senior - BHPian

arre wah - the good old Shiva aka Prodigy350 - never knew you've shifted here from Hyd, eh?

Welcome to the NCR and to TBHP man!
Old 17th July 2011, 08:45   #8
BHPian

@shiva33, if you are a biker at heart then Alto is the car that could give you that at home feeling. And K10 I guess will do the job better! Drive safe though
Old 19th July 2011, 20:10   #9

@mayank - i have just made a decision to buy a car finally and Alto K10 is the car.. i want to get into driving habit, get some experience, knowledge of car driving and maintanence before buying one.

@ thar - I no longer own any of those beuties but more than happy that i rodee a US Spec, 40 bhp RD350 for a good 12000 kms before selling it away.

@akshay, aaren - i am pretty nervous, let's hope i turn out to be half as good a driver as i am with bikes.

@ gostel - I just love the fact that alto is tiny, light and a 1 litre engine , pretty much what i look in bikes too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
arre wah - the good old Shiva aka Prodigy350 - never knew you've shifted here from Hyd, eh?

Welcome to the NCR and to TBHP man!
i can't remember your alias 'phamilyman'.. identify yourself !
yes, i shifted to NCR after my marriage. it's been exactly an year. kinda setlled here.

Last edited by benbsb29 : 20th July 2011 at 11:12. Reason: Merging back-to-back posts.
Old 20th July 2011, 08:15   #10
Senior - BHPian

Does a certain gentleman once in ahmedabad riding a black caliber all over western india ring a bell? Is your YIM id *****dokka?

post some more so I can atleast PM you!!
Old 20th July 2011, 09:00   #11
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiva33 View Post
Why join Team-BHP now ? Well, Last year I got married and in a couple of months I knew that I have to switch to Cars sooner than later. I have tried to live in denial that I would not need a car etc. but finally realised that I need a car more than I like a car.
See what evil marriages bring along I am trying to steer clear for as long as I can.

Welcome aboard, I too joined T Bhp seeing Technocrat very active here in '06 but started posting when I understood that besides two wheels, four wheels can be your good friend besides providing practicality & convenience. So we both are almost on the same boat but then I am yet to take the plunge, but anticipating the inevitable, reluctantly took to Cars and enjoying it.
Old 20th July 2011, 15:29   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Does a certain gentleman once in ahmedabad riding a black caliber all over western india ring a bell? Is your YIM id *****dokka?

post some more so I can atleast PM you!!
@phamilyman
yes i remember, you were the IIM guy whom I always used to fight with. honestly, i had a great time doing so. you are living in NCR right, i haven't seen you on other forums since couple of years now.

@sheel - if i was living in a city like mumbai which has great public transport, i would still prefer to stay away from cars but NCR you need a car. the weather is bad, public transport is nil.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks