Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th August 2011, 20:52   #1
BHPian

Joining the ride

Hello Folks,
It feels awesome to have my membership approved on the first try. Was almost not expecting it.

Anyway I have been following this forum for close to the past 2 years. Got to know about T-BHP from a colleague and have been sniffing around reading the excellent travel chronicles and the technical guides and of course the reviews and the monthly dose of sales stats. The advice on this forum helped me a lot when I went out recently to upgrade to a Scorpio Vlx from a 1st gen i10.

I am a Computer techie working in Bangalore with a mix of interests in Nature, Aquariums, Science, a bit of photography, reading and traveling around. I had an interest in Sci-Tech from early childhood that included cars. A lot of that interest building happened in the hallways of my mom's office, Birla Industrial and Technological museum in Calcutta where I spent hours exploring and learning.

I also remember looking at the Standard 2000 with awe after being bored by Padminis and Ambys. I got to purchase my first car, an overpriced Opel Corsa 1.4 GLS circa early 2001 that I absolutely loved and had a gut-wrenching difficult time when selling it. Since then I have owned/driven various cars including M800, Alto, Accent CRDI, Lancer, i10 and Ikon. I never really drove an SUV till 3 months back when I jumped from an i10 hatch straight up to a Scorpio.

However the oldest car I ever rode was my grandma's Ford Phaeton from the late 1930's, as per earlier narration from my late grandma. Unfortunately I was too young to remember any of that so don't know the ride quality! I have a fancy for the Volkswagen Beetle. Apart from that my dream scenario is a hybrid hatch for city driving and an Audi SUV for long distances. I do not like paying a premium for feature-packed, refined excellent vehicles with bland styling and/or do not have road presence. I am ready to compromise on the features front but not on styling or road presence.

Anyway enough of rambling see you folks around.
Old 9th August 2011, 21:34   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Joining the ride

Welcome abroad.

Wishing you a happy stay here. See ya around.
Old 10th August 2011, 10:06   #3
BHPian

Welcome to the Forum buddy. Enjoy your stay here.

You have interesting passions man.

BTW, hows the jump from i10 to Scorpio. Any particular reasons for this major shift ? Do write about your driving experiences.

Cheers,
Rajesh
Old 10th August 2011, 20:16   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2500cc View Post
Welcome to the Forum buddy. Enjoy your stay here.

You have interesting passions man.

BTW, hows the jump from i10 to Scorpio. Any particular reasons for this major shift ? Do write about your driving experiences.

Cheers,
Rajesh
We tend to go out on weekend trips every now and then especially when my mom's visiting. 4 adults and 2 children with luggage in an i10 becomes problematic for a 250KM - 400KM distance especially when one child insists on partly lying down. In addition I have relatives visiting occasionally, so you get the picture. I wanted get something within 13lakhs on road which should serve both for highway and as a primary daily use vehicle. After weighing lots of pros and cons and personal preferences we settled on a Scorpio.

It was a mixed experience at first with the high seating position, big car driving gotchas and some body roll, less NVH than the i10, first experience with diesel etc. However we are now happy with the beast, happy with our decision to buy it. I now get the urge to go on a long drive every now and then. Will write about my experiences in detail later.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks