Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th August 2011, 11:45   #1
Distinguished - BHPian

I'm Honored

I feel honored to be a member of the Team-BHP forum.

As my name indicates, I live in Arizona, USA about 2 months ago I purchased a new 2011 Royal Enfield Motorcycle.

Searching the web to gather as much information as possible I discovered the Team-BHP forum which not only has a wealth of information about all manners of things but seems to be extremely friendly.

As mentioned I am the proud owner of a new Royal Enfield G5 Deluxe and I also drive my 1999 Mazda Miata 10AE. Her name is Emma (after Diana Rigg in the old British television series THE AVENGERS).
This gives a clue to my age so I will confess that I am a retired mechanical design engineer (gas turbine and jet engines).

I'm thoroughly enjoying my visits to this forum and hopefully, I will be able to continue to visit and learn here for years to come.

Have a pleasant day.
Jim
ArizonaJim is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th August 2011, 13:10   #2
BHPian

Re: I'm Honored

Welcome to the forum Jim. Indeed, Team-BHP is a place, which has wealth of information, friendly people and always very supportive. Hope you would have a very great time at Team-BHP. Good to hear about your new buy RE G5, I envy your buy. Do post your experiences of riding an RE in Arizona.
Old 12th August 2011, 13:24   #3
BANNED

If you feel honored.. it is mostly because of the Mods who keep this ever increasing family disciplined yet liberated.

All the mods need an Attaboy for a job well done.
Welcome Jim, with your experience we all could learn something from you too.
Old 12th August 2011, 14:20   #4
BHPian

Welcome to forum Jim, good to see somebody from Phoenix joining here. Also interesting to see somebody buying a Bullet in US. Hope you enjoy it thoroughly.
Which part of Phoenix do you stay. I have stayed in Deer Valley and Glendale for a while.

Last edited by deepaktpatil : 12th August 2011 at 14:22.
Old 13th August 2011, 01:48   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

Thank you all for writing.

When the weather here cools off a bit I intend to take some long rides to the North central and Eastern areas of the State.

South of the Grand Canyon, there are a number of areas with heavy Ponderosa Pine forests which are quite cool and beautiful. These are at an elevation of around 6000 feet (approx. 1858 meters).

In the lower desert areas where Phoenix is located, right now the temperature gets to the low hundreds during the day with about 107* F (41.7*C) being average where I live.

Although the Northern areas daytime high temperatures are in the 70*F (21*C) range there is still the long ride back thru the lower desert areas to get home.

When I do a few rides North I will post some photos of the Enfield and the pine forests.

deepaktpatil:
I live in the Arcadia area of Phoenix South of Camelback mountain.

Thanks again.
Jim
Old 16th August 2011, 10:11   #6
Senior - BHPian

Hi Jim,

Hope you have a nice ride here and on your ride. Am currently living in Phoenix, the deer valley area and keep meeting one more bhpian "agup" for some car shows which happens over the weekends.

Planning on getting a bike in a month or so, thus would need your suggestions on the same. Hope to see ya around and probably meet sometime. Let me know, would love to see your enfield sometime.

Regards,
Maddy
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks