Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 19th August 2011, 10:11   #1
BHPian

Better late than never - Vanakkam from Chennai

Hello Friends,
This is Karthic hailing from Kumbakonam and settled in Chennai.Firstly,I'd like to pen down the reason for the Title of this thread.A bit of history on how I got to know about T-BHP. Way back in 2006, I completed my graduation and joined my dream company - Infosys. My first posting was to Trivandrum after the Famous Infosys Training at Mysore. It was the train journey that made me know about T-BHP. We were five,travelling from Mysore to Trivandrum and discussing about anything and everything under the sky. It was my friend Auster who was observing me talking more about cars all the time, Suggested me to join T-BHP saying that its one of the very few disciplined forums in Internet. So, I got Introduced to T-BHP in 2006. From there on, I was a silent reader of this wonderful forum. I'd like to mention that I realized Auster's words about the forum once I had a look at the 'T-BHP - Rules before posting' thread.
I was resisting the urge to get a membership here since I knew I will get addicted to the site if get a membership and access to post in the forum. But then, I crossed my threshold in 2009 and got the membership to this forum in my second attempt. Even after getting membership, I restricted myself from posting in the forum out of the same fear of addiction. But, Alas!! I realised that I'm already addicted to T-BHP for the past 5 years when I was browsing the 'When you got addicted to T-BHP' Thread on the day of my wedding(Happened before 2 months) . Yes, you read it right. I was going though T-BHP on the night before my wedding when I was left alone.

Sorry for such a boring history. I'm writing for the first time. Now my fact file,

Name : Karthic
Company : Soon to be changed
Car : Hyundai Accent GLX 2001 (Looking for a change now)
Bike : HH Hunk 2008

I'm riding bikes from my school days and few of the bikes that I owned are TVS-50 (Moped), HH Splendor, HH CD100SS, HH Ambition, HH CBZ , Bajaj Pulsar 180 (My first bike from my own money) and now HH Hunk.The Hyundai Accent is with me for the past four years and has served me very well without much maintenance expenses. I'm a DIY guy and done few small DIYs like alloy wheel refurbishing, Changing the colours of the Instru.Console in my car which I learnt from T-BHP.
In all the previous instances when I thought of writing an Intro, I prepared a lot on what to write, whom to thank,etc,. But now I'm writing without any preparation and from my heart.I love to learn more things from this forum and will try to contribute whatever relevant knowledge I have.I'm very excited now and really really happy to become a part of this bunch of wonderful car loving people. I know, this journey will be really exciting with all you people. Finally, I LOVE YOU Team-BHP!!!

Cheers,
Karthic

Note to the Mods: Dear Mods, This is the first time I'm writing in T-BHP forum and I'm very excited while writing my Introduction. Please feel free to edit my post if I've written something that doesn't add values.
Old 19th August 2011, 12:27   #2
BHPian

Re: Better late than never - Vanakkam from Chennai

Dear Karthic,

Another newbie beginning a post with a warm welcome. The name is Prem aka 'basky'.

As a generation you are lucky that you have access to the information - thank TBHP- and the best products from any part of the world. When I was in college, information was available only from the libraries where I spent hours pouring through books and magazines.

While I have been tinkering around all my life, the revival was when my son started getting more interested in cars. I wholeheartedly joined him and am having a time of my life at 56 years of age.

So get addicted to Team BHP - you wont regret it.
Old 19th August 2011, 21:03   #3
Team-BHP Support

Nice history "kablu" ! Nice handle too!
We all have the same feeling. First we browse all the time and then we become
a part and parcel of the forum (even with a guest login). It is then we feel,
we should start giving back something, share something.

That is how even I started!
Old 19th August 2011, 21:31   #4
BANNED

Welcome to Tbhp Karthik,Being a DIY guy you should be teaching us too on the changing colour of instrument panel.

All the best and wish you a safe drive !
Old 21st August 2011, 12:39   #5
BHPian

@Basky,@ampere,@joshguy,

Thanks for the warm welcome guys. The addiction grows more in me...Now I'm typing this post from a net cafe (only this shop seems to be open on Sunday at my place) 5 kms away from my place since I face internet connectivity issues at my home. And, I came to this cafe only to check whether I got any replies for my intro thread.

Once again, Thanks guys for the greetings!!!

@ampere, Thanks for your good words on my Handle . Its my nick name from school days .given by one of my closest buddies.
Old 22nd August 2011, 14:23   #6

Hello guys,
I'm Hemanth from Chennai. I've been aware of TBHP for a long time now, quite a regular visitor actually :P
As the topic says, better late than never.
I'm as keen an auto enthusiast as any in this forum, and even bigger motorsport enthusiast. Looking forward to my endless time on the forum
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks