Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 22nd August 2011, 22:53   #1
DPV

DPV From Bangalore

Hi,

I, DPV, belong to this new generation of Bangalore youngsters who have no other choice than spending most of his/her time looking at a laptop monitor provided by an MNC. I spend the rest of my time reading about my latest craze, which keeps on changing. Some time back I was crazy on photography, then the craze shifted to bikes (bicycles, to be more precise), and now the cars.

I knew nothing about cars two months back. I was pretty happy with my Santro Zip Drive, which satisfied most of my requirements; a weekend trip to the market, a trip to Cubbon park with my dog, and an occasional medium-to-long drive. Then one fine day, my faithful Santro decided to take an early, voluntary retirement.

Suddenly, I found myself in the market shopping for a new car. Hmm.. I found that it is necessary for me to read about cars and test drive at least a few. As usual, reading slowly turned me to a car maniac. I started with Over Drive, Autocar, What Car etc., and finally ended up in Team-BHP. That's it. In last two months, Team-BHP (and all of you!) has eaten up most my sleeping time. Now here I am...with a proud Team-BHP membership in my hand (in fact, after a failed attempt due to a horribly written SOP)!

Best regards,
DPV
Old 29th August 2011, 21:52   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: DPV From Bangalore

Welcome.

Are your new interests in addition to your old ones, or do the old ones get chucked by the wayside? (trying to predict what will happen to your interest in cars!)

Sutripta
Old 2nd September 2011, 23:31   #3
DPV

Re: DPV From Bangalore

Hi Sutripta,

Thanks for your note.
The old hobbies are not chucked out completely, but have faded little bit. Photography took a hard beating when digital ate up the market & getting a slide film developed became a big issue. Biking is still on, but is parked aside for the time being due to bad climate & not-so-great health condition.
Regards,
DPV
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks