Team-BHP > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 26th August 2011, 05:17   #1

A villager from Gujarat joined Team-BHP. As did I!!!

Hi everyone,

I'm not new to Team-BHP. However, having been in and out of colleges for my grad and post-grad studies in Pune, what with their super-effective and personally loatheful firewalls, I was unable to login regularly and update eveyone here about my life's goings on.

I have been a silent partner, of sorts, quietly observing the triumphs and pitfalls of my fellow petrol/dieselheads. And I'm glad to say that through each and every post I've read, I have learnt enough to finally safely make my presence known. (almost feel like George Michael coming out!!)

I finished my studies in automotive design and moved back home to Ahmedabad. Thanks to HJ13, whose first post made me realise that if a person from Sonasara can, then what should stop me from finally being 'actively active' on the forum!

I have always been around, just never had the luxury of logging in and repyling to posts. But having read almost all the test-drives, long term reports and various discussions that the fellowT-BHPians have so pain-stakingly typed and uploaded, I feel I have always been a little involved in all of them.

Well, here I am, all of 23 and employed with the print media in my city, while i wait for the end of my course in journalism. (Future plans, yet undecided.)

I would like to thank Each and Every member here, as I'm sure at some some point or the other, while I was so to say indisposed, one of you voiced the opinion that I would have, if I was able to.

I feel like the prodigal son.

Well, I'm glad to inform you all, that earlier this year on Feruary 26 (My Parents' Anniversary!), I booked and got my silver ANHC V-MT (Geisha), and got a sweet deal on it (details with pics to be posted soon) thanks to my nights spent staying up and reading many of the posts relating to it. Although, I still maintain, I would have bought the Optra Magnum Diesel rocket, had it not been my father's insistence to buy a petrol-engined car.

And what a strange day indeed, this introduction coincides with my Jap Geisha's 6 Month anniversary! Aug 26! She has done over 12,000 kms so far and beautifullly so... (more on that in the long-term reports.)

I shall try my best to be properly active and in the event that I snooze again, I will expect no less than an alarming buzz from my brethren here.

Just to catch you all up. When I had joined T-BHP, I had just gotten over my lovely and still most-prized Zen Vx (now sold), and moved into a Swift Vxi (sold too). My family, then decided that we needed a sedan, (Ok, they didnt, but i convinced them!! haha) So we have Geisha to meet our thrill requirements for now.

But, a biker at heart, I have seen many a beautiful highway and many more a murderous trucker on the love of my life, a 2005 RE Thunderbird. (still around but i think she's having an affair with my mech, seeing how she spends more time with him these days)

I shall catch you all up to speed soon. Until then, remember it was a son of the soil who inspired me to post this!

(below) pics of Geisha being prepped and accessorised before delivery on Feb 26. Many more in appropriate thread later... cheerio
Attached Thumbnails
A villager from Gujarat joined Team-BHP. As did I!!!-imgp3603up.jpg  

A villager from Gujarat joined Team-BHP. As did I!!!-imgp3615up.jpg  

A villager from Gujarat joined Team-BHP. As did I!!!-imgp3635up.jpg  

A villager from Gujarat joined Team-BHP. As did I!!!-imgp3647up.jpg  

Old 26th August 2011, 09:10   #2
BHPian

Welcome to T-BHP. and glad to have you in the ANHC club too.

Nice pics of the Geisha. And awaiting more in your ownership thread. You think the ANHC engine is as demure as a Geisha, gosh.

Quote:
what with their super-effective and personally loatheful firewalls
I bet you were not able to visit cricket sites either.

Quote:
I feel like the prodigal son
But no, most of us won't feel like the prodigal father as yet.

Welcome again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam.666 View Post
Although, I still maintain, I would have bought the Optra Magnum Diesel rocket, had it not been my father's insistence to buy a petrol-engined car.
Do expect a note from Poitive soon (Poitive, just kidding).

Mods, any way I could merge this reply with my previous one? Thanks.

Last edited by mobike008 : 26th August 2011 at 11:00. Reason: Back to back posts. Please wait for 30 Mins before next post or use EDIT button to make changes to existing post.
Old 26th August 2011, 22:17   #3

Re: A villager from Gujarat joined Team-BHP. As did I!!!

Hello Michael George,

Interesting introduction sam! You inspired remaining George Michael to come out, if any!
So though you were here before me, I welcome you
As an Automotive Designer, I am sure you will be an asset to the team.

Quote:
But having read almost all the test-drives, long term reports and various discussions that the fellowT-BHPians have so pain-stakingly typed and uploaded
I feel like the prodigal son.
As the total view count of my posts gets incremented, I feel satisfied that I wrote it - it is worth to be on the forum, somebody read it. Har Ek Friend Zaruri Hota Hai bhai!

Quote:
Until then, remember it was a son of the soil who inspired me to post this!
I am honored! Thank you.
Old 27th August 2011, 09:38   #4
Senior - BHPian

Hi Sam,

Welcome to the forum. Your intro does make a nice read. The pic of dash through trunk is a unique one.

A villager from Gujarat joined Team-BHP. As did I!!! Shoudn't it read SO DID I!!!

Raab Rakha.
Old 27th August 2011, 10:10   #5
BHPian

Welcome sam666. I can already predict quite a few demurely well detailed posts from you. Do have fun at T-BHP.

Warm regards,
NagaSid
Old 31st August 2011, 01:23   #6

Thank you guys.
Parvingmh, you are right, accessing "cricket" sites (hahaha) was a pain too.

Ariesonu, As did I works just fine.

Can't wait to get started with the reviews. I'm hoping to get some queries answered first.

Bottomline: so good to be here bros!
Old 2nd September 2011, 23:18   #7
dot
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I have been a silent partner, of sorts, quietly observing the triumphs and pitfalls of my fellow petrol/dieselheads. And I'm glad to say that through each and every post I've read, I have learnt enough to finally safely make my presence known. (almost feel like George Michael coming out!!)
Should I say welcome...nahh. Also, can you elaborate on the triumph and pitfall bit. That sounded interesting.

And George Michael, where are you, father figure?

You have a fluid and lucid style of writing, hoping to see more of 666.
Old 6th September 2011, 01:26   #8

hey dot,
Over the years, I've seen a myriad things go wrong, and a million (or should I say billion?) people of this secular democracy grinning and bearing it.

But, this forum for me has brought to the fore, both the angry and the passionate automotive enthusiast with a clear agenda of non-bias.

exhibit A - moderator GTO's woes over his erstwhile Mercedes C-180 petrol
at the same time,
exhibit b - moderator GTO's wows over his present Mercedes C-200 CDI

make sense?
Old 6th September 2011, 01:31   #9

hey dot,

over the years I've seen a myriad things go wrong and a million (or should I say billion?) people of this fair and secular democracy of ours just grinning and bearing it.

But, this forum for me has brought to the fore, both the angry and as well the passionate automotive enthusiasts with a clear agenda of non-bias.

exhibit A - moderator GTO's woes over his erstwhile Mercedes C-180 petrol
at the same time,
exhibit B - moderator GTO's wows over his current Mercedes C-220 CDI

make sense?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed