Team-BHP - My Love Palio
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Introduce yourself (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/introduce-yourself/)
-   -   My Love Palio (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/introduce-yourself/10700-my-love-palio.html)

Hi Guys / Gals

This is Major, I am a Banker by profession, from Mumbai, 25 years. My love affair with Palio started when I learned driving in a friends Palio, after that there is no looking back it was only Palio for me.

I am buying a used Palio this Saturday, it’s a real beauty, it’s a Palio S10 version1.6, Canary Yellow. Thanks to all the negative publicity about Fiat, I am getting my baby (Palio) very cheap.
I wish to thank Team BHP members and moderators (Searched all the threads), for all the help in selecting my Music System,I will be getting it from Dubai (Head unit Pioneer DEH-P6750MP, rear Speaker Pioneer TS-A6980S 6*9”,Sony XM-504Z amp, Sony Sub woofer XS-L122P5 30cm

Regarding front end speaker I want to install JBL, Please suggest which model, will buy it from Mumbai

Also need professional help in installing these in Mumbai.(Any place in Mumbai where I can install it with out tension)

Please suggest where in Mumbai I can get good leather seats (prefer Black and red combination), professional exterior and interior cleaning and polishing and some touch up painting as at some place paint is chipped off. (Money is not a constraint

Also like to Congratulate Sameer Kapasi for winning Two AV Max Awards ’05, saw your photograph in Av Max Feb’06 edition.(Aap ki Zulfe dekha to pehchan gaya :)

This site has lots Automobile GURUS, specializing in various fields, really proud and thrilled to be member of this group.
Cheers

Major

Hey Welcome to the team

Nice car and a very nice colour. The Palio looks really cool in Yellow.

PS - Could u please edit ur post, its kinda hard to read.

Welcome Mr. Banker. Nice to hear that you made an investment on a S10.

Go for a Compo ( 5incher or 7incher JBL GTO series) for the frnt.

Power frnt compos and sub via amp. You gonna go for IB install or a box install for your sub?

and use good wires/cables for install.

SAm...ur pic? OMG! scary! Bankerji you ok?

hey major how much ur getting ur palio for? I need help on this.....

Hey Major...
Welcome...enjoy n keep posting...
Quote:

(Aap ki Zulfe dekha to pehchan gaya
lol:

Hey JKDAS

I plan to install sub on the rear parcel tray, as my office collegue has on his honda city vtec, sorry do not understand IB install means (this is new for me), please enlighten me what it means?
For wires might go for monster/ bose or boss(do not know how to pronounce it)

Extreme torque

Here is my cars details :
Palio S10 oct 2002 model
25000 odd kms run
Co. fitted stereo
No accident/not affected due to mumbai floods
Comprehensive insurance valid till oct'06
Price after negotiation finallised for Rs.180000/-
Its a pleasure to drive my baby, no problems with the car, as good as showroom conditon.
The seller has 3 cars, used this car only to transport his kid to school, which is also not too far from his residence.

I think this is a good investment as a banker you some times need to think from your heart.

Cheers

major

Quote:

used this car only to transport his kid to school
:Shockked: WHAT?? Using a S10 to transport his kid to school? Does this guy know that he has been insulting this brilliant Italian machine for over 3 years everyday day in and day out? Thats just not the way to use a hot hatch. Anyone looking for answers on why India doesn't have a hot hatch or performance cars, the answer is right here!

Hey major, welcome aboard!!!

Palio for 1.8. That too the beautiful 1600 powerplant? Wow, that's one nice price...

Sam, your name is Sameer?! :eek:

Hey MAJOR ! Welcome to Team-Bhp .....Its gr8 to have you here . Have a wonderful stay .

S10 for 1.8 is a steal! Gosh i'll have to find one in delhi....

Hey bro,
welcome aboard and enjoy your stay here.
BTW, even we use our palio for school runs. I come to school in it quite often (though it has reduced after we got our fiesta) and our average speed is always 50ish and the car is driven as fast as possible in a safe manner (driver not rash. Always a good thing).
Anyways,
Cheers,
Lambo

Quote:

Originally Posted by major

Please suggest where in Mumbai I can get good leather seats (prefer Black and red combination), professional exterior and interior cleaning and polishing and some touch up painting as at some place paint is chipped off. (Money is not a constraint

Major

i would not suggest you to go for red and black combination as i feel it would not got well with the yellow colour and also it has become very common, every one in ten cars you would find the same seats with the same combination. if you try, you would find good combinations in leather which would suit the colour of the car.

rest depends on you.

just my two cents

Shubbhi

Wow!!!
Tats jst amazing...
Wish I cud grab that offer.
Welcome to TEAM-BHP Major....
I sold my 2004 oct model Santro zing Xp for 3.05L (25,000Kms)

Well guys since this a palio thread can someone tell me the best place to service my palio in bangalore... My car is in a pathetic state.
I tried searchin thru the tread and didnt come up with anything.

Major,

Welcome to team-bhp. You will find many Palio owners/lovers in this group.

Quote:

Originally Posted by general_neo
Well guys since this a palio thread can someone tell me the best place to service my palio in bangalore... My car is in a pathetic state.
I tried searchin thru the tread and didnt come up with anything.

There was some thread going on about the Bosch Service stations in Bangalore. People have found those service stations to be good. There is one Adiga Service Centre near Ramakrishna Mutt in Basavanagudi. I have heard that there is one more called RS MotorCraft on Bannerghatta Road, which is also a Bosch service center. I believe there is one near Hebbal Flyover and one on Hosur road. Not too sure about the exact locations though. Alternatively, you can wait till first week of March and give your car to Prerna or Concorde Motors, official Tata dealers for servicing. My Palio is due for servicing too and I am now waiting for Tatas to start servicing Fiat cars. I need to make a 300 km trip on March 6th and I plan to give my car for servicing after that.

Hey major, welcome to TBHP. Its is one heck of a site... It simply grows on you. And I am sure you will love it. BTW you are getting one heck of a car and the price is just too yummy! :D

Deepak... you mean from March onwards those same Tata dealers will start servicing Fiats as well?! Marr gaye! They are already groaning and creaking under the weight of existing Tatas that they service now another additional load... I hope the standards do not go for a toss. I was expecting more in lines of Tata taking over the current Fiat dealerships and service points and setting the standards for them as well as investing in them. :p