Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th September 2011, 12:27   #1
BHPian

Hello to all

A big Hello to all,

This is Rituraj. By profession, I am a PR person, working in a Govt. organisation. I hail from a small town called Jorhat in Assam. My interest in cars started pretty early. My father had an 1985 white Amby and later a 1995 Premier Padmini. I remember many a wonderful journeys on both vehicles. After my father expired, we decided to sell the Padmini, as it was getting increasingly difficult to maintain (sold it for peanuts basically). I recently bought my first car - A Bossa Nova White Fiat Punto MJD Active. Outside of cars, I am immensely passionate about Photography. I own a Nikon D90 with a couple of lenses (acquiring lenses is surely addictive). One thing I have realised is that with both Cars and Photography, it's the accessories that really keep draining the pocket.

I look forward to getting myself enlightened with the massive pool of information available here.

Rituraj
Old 9th September 2011, 14:11   #2
BHPian

Re: Hello to all

Hello Rituraj, welcome aboard this powerhouse of information, do tell us more about your Punto and would love to see pics you clicked of that beauty!
Old 9th September 2011, 16:07   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

Hi Rituraj,welcome into this community. Do share some about both your interests. Also looking forward to see some of your pictures.

PS: I completely agree with you that accessories do keep draining our pockets. Whenever i have some money with me, my bike seems to be lacking in something(although it was perfect when i didn't have the money) and i end up splurging on my bike
Old 10th September 2011, 16:16   #4
BHPian

Rituraj, Welcome. I am your co-new joinee who is also trying to develop my photography skills . Might keep buzzing around you with photography questions in addition to discussions around those things with 4 wheels powered by some metallic box with a fire in its belly. And of-course the every increasing, totally addicting, pocket draining activty of accessorizing (read pimping; can i use the word pimping?) our rides
Old 10th September 2011, 23:25   #5
BHPian

@ashis89, Shome

I am bowled over by your welcome. I have to admit, I am no connoisseur of photography just trying to learn and improve myself. Same with driving, just learnt a year back and now the steering wheel just gets me hooked. , although I was always obsessed with cars and never missed reviews of new ones.

Here's looking forward to lots of discussions on cars and also photography.

Good nite
Old 15th September 2011, 02:15   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by riturajsharma19 View Post
A big Hello to all,

This is Rituraj. By profession, I am a PR person, working in a Govt. organisation. I hail from a small town called Jorhat in Assam. My interest in cars started pretty early. My father had an 1985 white Amby and later a 1995 Premier Padmini. I remember many a wonderful journeys on both vehicles. After my father expired, we decided to sell the Padmini, as it was getting increasingly difficult to maintain (sold it for peanuts basically). I recently bought my first car - A Bossa Nova White Fiat Punto MJD Active. Outside of cars, I am immensely passionate about Photography. I own a Nikon D90 with a couple of lenses (acquiring lenses is surely addictive). One thing I have realised is that with both Cars and Photography, it's the accessories that really keep draining the pocket.

I look forward to getting myself enlightened with the massive pool of information available here.

Rituraj
Welcome to TBHP. Nice to see someone from Assam joining here and btw Jorhat holds a very special place my heart.
Also hope to see some of your photographs showing different places of North East.
Old 15th September 2011, 14:44   #7
BHPian

Welcome aboard Rituraj. Information you will surely find out here in tons. Additionally you will also find that the knowledgeable seniors are very helpful with questions and doubts- something rarely found elsewhere.
A WARM WELCOME again to the TBHP family
regards
salil
Old 15th September 2011, 18:16   #8
BHPian

Hi Rituraj,

Welcome!!!

I will be watching your posts for the travelogues.
Assam is a travellers' paradise. Been there for an year odd in 2004-2005.

The drive to Rupa- Tawang through Bombdilla still gives me goosepimples.
That you are a budding (?) photographer just adds to the excitement.

Happy posting.
sandip is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks