Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 27th September 2011, 12:38   #1
BHPian

And here I begin.

Hi friends,

Like many others me too have been lurking around on this forum for quite sometime. Mostly reading the motorcycle threads I have gathered a lot of information but sadly still lacking any kind of practical knowledge of the 2 wheeled machines.
However, now that things have changed with me relocating to Delhi and buying my first motorbike (Classic 500 Maroon) it was high time that I joined in and became an active member.
A few machines that I have pseudo owned in the last 10 years:
1.Kinetic honda 1992 (Japanese engine): It would drift on absolutely everything, and I have managed to rear end a Merc E class with it too. Apologies if that person is here on the forum.
2. CBZ classic 2001: IMHO the second best 150 cc vehicle of all times (after the R15)
3. Yamaha RXG 1995 : the bike that has made me suffer the most, have fallen flat owing to unexpected wheelies.
4. Pulsar 180 Classic 2002: What a machine, belonged to a friend who had done quite some performance mods on it. Rode like a dream.
5. Caliber 115 Hoodibaba 2004 : Dads bike, apt for being the errand boy of the house.

And now that I own a Classic 500 Maroon (Nyx) with which I have madly fallen in love, it looks even less likely that I would try and learn to drive a car.

And what do I say about Team-BHP, everybody here is doing a wonderful job of contributing in a small or large manner and I am absolutely thrilled to be a part of it.

Cheers!!
Prakash
Old 27th September 2011, 15:26   #2
BHPian

Re: And here I begin.

Welcome to tbhp RabidBull. Hope to read more about your adventures with the bull soon.
Old 27th September 2011, 15:57   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RabidBull View Post
Hi friends,

Like many others me too have been lurking around on this forum for quite sometime. Mostly reading the motorcycle threads I have gathered a lot of information but sadly still lacking any kind of practical knowledge of the 2 wheeled machines.
However, now that things have changed with me relocating to Delhi and buying my first motorbike (Classic 500 Maroon) it was high time that I joined in and became an active member.
A few machines that I have pseudo owned in the last 10 years:
1.Kinetic honda 1992 (Japanese engine): It would drift on absolutely everything, and I have managed to rear end a Merc E class with it too. Apologies if that person is here on the forum.
2. CBZ classic 2001: IMHO the second best 150 cc vehicle of all times (after the R15)
3. Yamaha RXG 1995 : the bike that has made me suffer the most, have fallen flat owing to unexpected wheelies.
4. Pulsar 180 Classic 2002: What a machine, belonged to a friend who had done quite some performance mods on it. Rode like a dream.
5. Caliber 115 Hoodibaba 2004 : Dads bike, apt for being the errand boy of the house.

And now that I own a Classic 500 Maroon (Nyx) with which I have madly fallen in love, it looks even less likely that I would try and learn to drive a car.

And what do I say about Team-BHP, everybody here is doing a wonderful job of contributing in a small or large manner and I am absolutely thrilled to be a part of it.

Cheers!!
Prakash
Welcome aboard Prakash. Look forward to your posts.

Cheers,
Kiran
Old 27th September 2011, 16:17   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirantp View Post
Welcome aboard Prakash. Look forward to your posts.

Cheers,
Kiran
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharninder View Post
Welcome to tbhp RabidBull. Hope to read more about your adventures with the bull soon.

Thanks kirantp and sharninder. Already starting to feel like I belong.
Would soon post about the few rides i have undertaken with my Bullet.
As and when I gain more knowledge I would post more but for now I belive it will only be a lot of queries to the gurus on the forum.
Old 28th September 2011, 06:46   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Yamaha RXG 1995 : the bike that has made me suffer the most, have fallen flat owing to unexpected wheelies.
Do you mean to say you you engaged the front-brake using the brake lever on the handle bars and fell over after a front-wheelie?

Quote:
Pulsar 180 Classic 2002: What a machine, belonged to a friend who had done quite some performance mods on it. Rode like a dream.
The Pulsar gained as much popularity as the Splendor and Samurai. It's definitely one of the more successful launches by Bajaj.

Quote:
Although a diesel car may be able to match the economy of a bike in terms of running costs, it causes less pollution. The initial investment is much lower than a car. Add on a sidecar and you would have increased safety too (not as much as a nano or a maruti 800 in the event of a major crash though those are rare occurrences) at a quarter of what a cheap car would cost you. Besides, for going through toll gates, a bike with a sidecar is still a 2-wheeler!
Old 28th September 2011, 16:17   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_nitin_r View Post
Do you mean to say you you engaged the front-brake using the brake lever on the handle bars and fell over after a front-wheelie?

Hi Nitin, I guess that is a bit impossible to do.
The front of the RXG was almost weigtless and it used to pop a wheelie whenever the throttle was wrung, esp in the office parking when I had to climb a slope. Also, it didnt help that I am 6ft and 92 kgs and sit a little back on the seat.

The Pulsar gained as much popularity as the Splendor and Samurai. It's definitely one of the more successful launches by Bajaj.

Agree.

Although a diesel car may be able to match the economy of a bike in terms of running costs, it causes less pollution. The initial investment is much lower than a car. Add on a sidecar and you would have increased safety too (not as much as a nano or a maruti 800 in the event of a major crash though those are rare occurrences) at a quarter of what a cheap car would cost you. Besides, for going through toll gates, a bike with a sidecar is still a 2-wheeler!

I don't think I will ever be thinking of adding a sidecar to the CL500.
Infact I am going to remove the back seat on my bullet as well. Looks and feels so much cooler.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks