Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 29th September 2011, 07:54   #1
BHPian

Hi All...

Hi All,
I am Prashanth. I am from Bangalore. I am one of those "IT folks" you keep talking about.
I have been visiting Team-BHP for the past year or so.. I always used to lurk here. What I liked about Team-BHP was the staggering amount of information and people willing to help on this forum.
I have always been fascinated by cars and have recently bought my first car, a Ford Figo.
Well, thats all I can think of at the moment.
Happy motoring and many happy miles to you all.
Old 29th September 2011, 09:44   #2
BHPian

Re: Hi All...

What a coincidence! I am new here too. I have been following T-BHP for a year too. I have recently bought a Ford Figo too!

I posted the review for the same on http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...go-petrol.html

Hope you also write a review of your Figo and that too better than my review
Old 29th September 2011, 15:06   #3
BHPian

I have been reading your thread, you have written very well, your review is very detailed.
I will write a review, perhaps this weekend or so.
Old 29th September 2011, 16:42   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

The joker, and devilscry, welcome!
we had the meet brothers, now we have the figo brothers!!
seek and you shall find 'most anything to do with cars here.
Old 29th September 2011, 17:55   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_joker View Post
Hi All,
I am Prashanth. I am from Bangalore. I am one of those "IT folks" you keep talking about.
I have been visiting Team-BHP for the past year or so.. I always used to lurk here. What I liked about Team-BHP was the staggering amount of information and people willing to help on this forum.
I have always been fascinated by cars and have recently bought my first car, a Ford Figo.
Well, thats all I can think of at the moment.
Happy motoring and many happy miles to you all.
Greetings and welcome to TeamBHP.

I'm Nitin from Hyderabad and am one of those out-of-work IT folk that you rarely hear about. What kind of development do you do? One thing is certain - a couple of months on this forum and your office IT folk will be calling you one of the "Automotive folk"

There's a lot of modding in the Bangalore automotive scene so you can learn about it here and catch up on the TeamBHP meetups in Bangalore too.

Hope to see more of you on the forum.
Old 29th September 2011, 20:38   #6
BHPian

Joker, Devilcry,
Greetings and welcome to T-BHP from another newbie.
I don't own a Ford Figo, but I used to own Figo's illustrious father - the Ford Fusion+, and absolutely loved it. Hope the Figo turns out to be equally enjoyable for you guys.
Old 29th September 2011, 21:52   #7
BHPian

That's a nice Catchy handle Welcome. Hope you have a great time here. Wish to see a new Figo thread sometime soon. Cheers.
Old 29th September 2011, 22:04   #8
BHPian

Oh, I didn't notice that the_joker was already on T-BHP before me!
Thanks Mayankk, k_nitin_r, mr.sinha for welcoming me. I am stll waiting to cross my first 25 posts so that my posts can appear instantly without waiting for approval from mods.
Yup, looks like I got a Figo brother

Happy revving for you all too.
Old 30th September 2011, 06:42   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsCry View Post
I am stll waiting to cross my first 25 posts so that my posts can appear instantly without waiting for approval from mods.
I'm trying to get to 100 posts so I can tell folks I'm a regular at TeamBHP but the counter is 'stuck' at 95. I believe the posts are only counted if they are in the main automotive forums and not in shifting gears, introduction etc. which are mostly non-automotive areas.
Old 30th September 2011, 06:56   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
The joker, and devilscry, welcome!
we had the meet brothers, now we have the figo brothers!!
seek and you shall find 'most anything to do with cars here.
Thanks mayankk.. Yeah, figo brothers. Nowadays, I see a lot of Figo's on the roads. It may result in a "Figo Family"!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_nitin_r View Post
Greetings and welcome to TeamBHP.

I'm Nitin from Hyderabad and am one of those out-of-work IT folk that you rarely hear about. What kind of development do you do? One thing is certain - a couple of months on this forum and your office IT folk will be calling you one of the "Automotive folk"

There's a lot of modding in the Bangalore automotive scene so you can learn about it here and catch up on the TeamBHP meetups in Bangalore too.

Hope to see more of you on the forum.
Thanks k_nitin_r.. Yeah, I already am developing that kind of nickname.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.sinha View Post
Joker, Devilcry,
Greetings and welcome to T-BHP from another newbie.
I don't own a Ford Figo, but I used to own Figo's illustrious father - the Ford Fusion+, and absolutely loved it. Hope the Figo turns out to be equally enjoyable for you guys.
Thanks mr.sinha..
I loved the Fusion too.. A big "hatchback", with lots of space and a huge ground clearance. .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimified View Post
That's a nice Catchy handle Welcome. Hope you have a great time here. Wish to see a new Figo thread sometime soon. Cheers.
Thanks Kimified..
I do follow your i20 thread closely. Nice car, Nice mods.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsCry View Post
Oh, I didn't notice that the_joker was already on T-BHP before me!
Thanks Mayankk, k_nitin_r, mr.sinha for welcoming me. I am stll waiting to cross my first 25 posts so that my posts can appear instantly without waiting for approval from mods.
Yup, looks like I got a Figo brother

Happy revving for you all too.
Yeah, I joined in August, but the past few weeks, I was a little busy.
Old 30th September 2011, 07:27   #11
BHPian

i don't know how posts are counted. My number says '3' but I have definitely done more than 10 posts by now (new ones and replies). Maybe the Moderator who will be moderating this post before publishing it can clarify. Thanks.
Old 30th September 2011, 10:44   #12

Welcome aboard the_joker, Devilscry! After the sign-up, my productivity at work place has gone down for sure! Going by the way, not sure when team-bhp site would be added to Block list.

Btw, this is the first thread I'm posting in this section welcoming newbie(s).

mr.sinha, I have read your intro post. very nice. Rated 5*. You have two cute kids out there!

About the post count, as mentioned by nitin, I think our post count increases only when we post in any of the main forums. The corresponding link is here.
Team-BHP - Team-BHP FAQ: Troubleshooting

I believe rather than the quantity, the quality of the posts count.

Quote:
Why is my post count number not increasing?
It may take the system upto an hour to update your post count or membership level. Also note that posts in some of the forums do not add up to the post count. The excluded forum sections are:

1. Introduce Yourself.

2. Shifting Gears.

3. Collection of the best threads.
Old 30th September 2011, 12:30   #13
BHPian

Welcome aboard the_joker. Have a great time on this wonderful forum. Looking forward to your detailed review of Mr. VFM - the Figo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.sinha View Post
i don't know how posts are counted. My number says '3' but I have definitely done more than 10 posts by now (new ones and replies). Maybe the Moderator who will be moderating this post before publishing it can clarify. Thanks.
Your published posts under this section or under "Shifting gears" section are not counted. Only the posts under main automotive sections are counted. A significant number of your posts were in your fabulous introductory thread, hence the disconnect in numbers.
RadiantKarma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2011, 17:23   #14
BHPian

Thanks RadiantKarma. That explains it.
Old 5th October 2011, 03:35   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabySchumi View Post
mr.sinha, I have read your intro post. very nice. Rated 5*. You have two cute kids out there!
Thank you BabySchumi.
Oh, btw, did you mean my 2 kids standing by the Ford Fusion, or you meant my other 2 cuties: the BMW and the Kawasaki?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks