Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd October 2011, 10:48   #1

5 years, thousands of visits to muster the courage and finally a proud member

Hi to fellow members and distinguished guides of the forum! I am Rajesh K Sharma (hence the handle : rksDotCom), 31, from Navi Mumbai.

It was 19:19 HRS on Friday when my iPhone vibrated alerting me receipt of an email, while I was still busy in my office over month-end closing, and to my pleasant surprise it was a glowing email from Team-BHP, announcing approval of my membership. It was my 2nd attempt in last 7 days and I had almost lost hope that my membership is getting approved, though I felt that the explanation given by me in my second attempt was quite honest and heart-felt. I expected it to work for approval and it actually did.

Yes, I have been visiting this site on and off, looking at the quality and kind of knowledge on display here, however tempted, I always felt way inferior and hence could not muster the courage to apply for a membership. I guess in past week temptation proved too much and I put my request for sign up and here I am an enthusiastically novice petrol head.

I come from a modest background, two-wheeler were the luxury machine in my family. During my high school I learned to drive a Rajdoot ( yes the rural warhorse, owned by my father) 3 gears and 175cc of power it could take any kind of terrain. Then I craved for a RX100 and joining my post graduation, I was gifted one by my uncle, I have been in love with her since then.

Cut to 2007 and I was able to purchase a new maruti 800, it has run 72K KM so far and have never had a break-down except for a freak accident where a auto rickshaw smashed my LHS door, while my vehicle was almost stationary. It still runs good. I also have a SX4 ZXI 2008 model, run 30K KM so far, I am 2nd owner. SX4 is a pleasure to drive and I love the occasional runs to Pune in it.

The intro got lengthy so I cut it short, I am a supply chain / logistics guy for earning my bread and butter; driving is big stress buster for me. I love reading, a great fan of everything Apple, do a bit of amateur photography and some time write a few scribbles sounding distantly like a poem (Hindi). That's me, and I am here to learn.

Thanks everyone and admin for accepting my membership and look forward to be part of this illustrious group of people.
rksdotcom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2011, 11:36   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: 5 years, thousands of visits to muster the courage and finally a proud member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rksdotcom View Post
Hi to fellow members and distinguished guides of the forum! I am Rajesh K Sharma (hence the handle : rksDotCom), 31, from Navi Mumbai.
Welcome to the team, Rajesh!

Very nicely written intro, I enjoyed reading it!
Please don't feel inferior - we're all here to learn from each other.

Cheers!
Old 3rd October 2011, 12:50   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: 5 years, thousands of visits to muster the courage and finally a proud member

Welcome Rajesh. All of us here are students and learners with shared passion about all things automotive.
Old 7th October 2011, 20:00   #4
BHPian

Welcome aboard Rajesh. Even I felt exactly the same way when applying to be a member. Felt like a novice & still do, when reading the information most members punch out. But no better place on the web to change that than - Team - BHP & before you know it, you'll be advising the newbies.
Old 7th October 2011, 21:12   #5
BHPian

Hi Rajesh!

Good to meet another TBHPian Rajesh! My name is Rajesh K Sundaram. Welcome to TBHP!

Last edited by rajeshsundaram : 7th October 2011 at 21:14.
Old 7th October 2011, 22:13   #6
BHPian

Welcome Rajesh, I am sure this will be one of the most rewarding experience as it has been for me.
I am still a novice with limited understanding , however the opportunity to interact & express my point of view feels great !
Not to forget, the expert opinion that we all get without any bias :-)
cheers
Old 9th October 2011, 11:19   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by anekho

Welcome to the team, Rajesh!

Very nicely written intro, I enjoyed reading it!
Please don't feel inferior - we're all here to learn from each other.

Cheers!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sudev
Welcome Rajesh. All of us here are students and learners with shared passion about all things automotive.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AvinashV
Welcome aboard Rajesh. Even I felt exactly the same way when applying to be a member. Felt like a novice & still do, when reading the information most members punch out. But no better place on the web to change that than - Team - BHP & before you know it, you'll be advising the newbies.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeshsundaram
Hi Rajesh!

Good to meet another TBHPian Rajesh! My name is Rajesh K Sundaram. Welcome to TBHP!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidwadia
Welcome Rajesh, I am sure this will be one of the most rewarding experience as it has been for me.
I am still a novice with limited understanding , however the opportunity to interact & express my point of view feels great !
Not to forget, the expert opinion that we all get without any bias :-)
cheers
Hi guys thanks very much for your kind words and I surely look forward to the ride all along; what is encouraging is the seniors attitude here and restrained / self-moderated behavior of the members. It's wonderful to be part of this illustrious group.

Cheers!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks