Team-BHP - Hey Guys & Gals
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Introduce yourself (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/introduce-yourself/)
-   -   Hey Guys & Gals (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/introduce-yourself/10954-hey-guys-gals.html)

My name is Gaurav.

I am 31, married and very happy. I am a lawyer by profession.

Cars are a passion for me. Started out in college and made a hot rod out of a 68' Toyota Sprinter. After few years on an RCL (willy's recoiless gun) chassis put a landrover 2.5L diesel engine, while retaining the 4x4, in a self designed custom body.

Have always dreamed of buying a kit car, and assembling it myself in a private garage. Now as a lawyer, just dont have the time to build hot rods.

Presently have a Bolero, Palio S10 and a BMW 316i. Looking to upgrade to the new Scorpio 4x4 (when it is launched) and a 2 door 4 seater sports car. Got tired of waiting for the Fortuner.

All suggestions would be welcome. Anyways, I lookward to having interesting discussions.

By the way, I do advise quite a few sports and super car marques, for setting up in India...

Cheers... :)

Hey Gas,

Welcome aboard!
Its about time we had a lawyer onboard! :D
Quote:

By the way, I do advise quite a few sports and super car marques, for setting up in India...
Even better!

Would love to see pics of your college-day creations...

And what 2dr 4seaters are you looking at?

cya around
Rehaan

hey Bro, welcome to the forum. nice garage you have there.. can we have some pics of the hot rods you built??

Quote:

I am 31, married and very happy. I am a lawyer by profession.
Now thats a combination of demographics you dont usually see associated with happiness rl:

Just kidding....Wow, I can see you have been up to a lot in terms of the automobile, and am really curious about the custom 4x4. Would you by any chance be able to share pictures?

Quote:

Details!!

Welcome to the Team-BHP

GTO

Welcome to TBHP, Lawyer!

Please go through the announcements section, read the rules and try not to find the loopholes therein.

Nice to have a motorhead lawyer on board, and someone who is obviously very good at what he does (the 4-wheeled results speak for themselves).

Enjoy!

Nice to have you here amongst us. Enjoy your stay!

Hey

Welcome to the forum man.
Hope u enjoy ur stay with all the car & bike crazy fans out here.

If possible put some snaps of ur ride.

Hoping to b in touch.

Enjoy Revving...

Welcome to the group, good to see you own a Palio S10, share your experience with the group about S10.

Cheers.....MAjor

Hi Guys,

Here is a collage of the Jeep I built during my college days.

I sold it last year, as it was now being neglected. It was built on the American CJ3B chassis (army disposal of the strengthened Recoiless Gun chassis - remember movie Border). I retained the original 4x4 layout (3 gear) but changed the diferrential gears to the Mahindra DI models. Had studied engineering in school, thus designed the body myself. Welded steel pipes on the chassis on top as a roll bar and on the side as a side step. It had two bumbers - a mahindra one on outside and the solid steel original on the inside. Powered it by a Landrover 2.5 L diesel (a real tight fit), with custom electricals, custom radiator, Tata safari filters, Mercedes exhaust intakes, etc. Had removable roof and doors, & front collapsable windscreen. Nuts were welded in thus to remove and installing was a 15 minute job of removing bolts. This was built like a tank and had on a bet taken up a flight of floors to the first floor of a building on a 45 degree incline.

Before this while in undergrad college, I had a Toyota Sprinter a two door coupe 1968 model from 1992 to 1996. Sorry dont have pictures right now. It used to really zip. Had installed a double barrel carb. from Fiat 118NE, with a Maruti esteem electrical fuel injection. Bought it for 28k and sold for 90k, after recovering every rupee spent on it.

The S10 is one of the best cars to drive, bought it in the last few days of sale in September, 2003 at a Rs. 1.8L discount thanks to tip in Autocar magazine. I bought it for my wife, but love driving it. Only two negatives hard suspension and very poor turning circle. Other than that, it is more fun than any car sold in India less than 15L. The special exhaust is amazing.

The 2 door 4 seater that I am looking for to replace my 316i are any of:
1. Porshce 968 or 928 or a 944Turbo (post 1990)
2. Toyota Supra (preferably manual or even the Twin Turbo 4 e-auto)
3. Toyota Celica (not the 6th gen ST but 6th gen 3s-GE or GTE engines or later)
4. Mitsubishi FTO (mivec GPX or GP engine with the invec auto)
If anybody knows any of the above for sale for a good price, I am game.

I am also waiting for the Scorpio CRDe with the new suspension in the 4x4 model to be launched, which would replace my Bolero.
please: tell me if anybody has any idea, when it would be launched as the dealers do not know.

I have advised in Indian collaborations of Porsche, Lamborghini, Volkswagen.

Cheers to all.

Hey Gas,

Your jeep sure looks mean, and it sure must have been a beast with the 2.5L landrover heart in there!

As for the cars you have mentioned, im sorry but i haven't heard of any of them for sale, but i am sure there are members onboard who have some info.
Not sure there are many 944Turbos in the country, maybe 4 or 5? but you should have good luck with the others as they are comparatively easier to find...

cya
R