Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 31st October 2011, 17:42   #1

Hello to Team BHP

Hello all !!

just got my membership approved on this forum for car enthusiasts.

I am from Mumbai and work for a Tyre making company. I have just bought my first car Volkswagen Polo and i am simply loving it.

I would love to know about how to keep car in good shape, both in looks and performance.

Would love to share my own experiences

Regards
Ankit
Old 1st November 2011, 00:52   #2
BHPian

Re: Hello to Team BHP

Welcome and glad to know we have another tyre expert in our midst..
Do share your knowledge on the subject.
Old 1st November 2011, 11:22   #3

thanks .. i am just exploring the forum .. is there any thread for BHPians from Mumbai
Old 1st November 2011, 15:29   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankitvarshneya View Post
Hello all !!

I am from Mumbai and work for a Tyre making company. I have just bought my first car Volkswagen Polo and i am simply loving it.
Welcome. I joined recently as well. Do share your experiences with buying your Polo in the forum threads. I am in the process of deciding "which car" myself and would love to read about current car buyers experiences.
Old 1st November 2011, 18:28   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Hello all !!

I would love to know about how to keep car in good shape, both in looks and performance.

Would love to share my own experiences

Regards
Ankit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheiron View Post
Welcome. I joined recently as well. Do share your experiences with buying your Polo in the forum threads. I am in the process of deciding "which car" myself and would love to read about current car buyers experiences.
Welcome Ankit and Cheiron!

Ankit, I look forward to some advise on tires. Considering they are the only point of contact with the road there is surprisingly little information available about them. Polo is a great car. In fact I too had seriously contemplated buying it.

Drive safe.
Old 1st November 2011, 20:57   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SushilBajpai View Post
Welcome Ankit and Cheiron!

Ankit, I look forward to some advise on tires. Considering they are the only point of contact with the road there is surprisingly little information available about them. Polo is a great car. In fact I too had seriously contemplated buying it.

Drive safe.
Thanks Sushil. What did you end up buying? I am in the process of figuring out what to buy.
Old 1st November 2011, 22:25   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Sushil. What did you end up buying? I am in the process of figuring out what to buy.
I bought a Jazz. And a Yeti a few months later. Had Yeti been available when I bought Jazz, I am certain I would not have bought Jazz. But then I would have missed out on a wonderful car that is Jazz.
Old 2nd November 2011, 06:24   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SushilBajpai View Post
I bought a Jazz. And a Yeti a few months later. Had Yeti been available when I bought Jazz, I am certain I would not have bought Jazz. But then I would have missed out on a wonderful car that is Jazz.
I had been inclined towards the Jazz (Select trim) and my dad also liked it a lot. OTR was 6.8 Lakhs. However, the wait time is ~4 months (Mar 2012), so we are not sure whether to book it. Glad to know that people are still willing to buy petrol - my dad thinks we should be going for diesel on this one, even though our usage will be ~1000 km per month or less.
Old 2nd November 2011, 08:14   #9
BHPian

Quote:
I had been inclined towards the Jazz (Select trim) and my dad also liked it a lot. OTR was 6.8 Lakhs. However, the wait time is ~4 months (Mar 2012), so we are not sure whether to book it. Glad to know that people are still willing to buy petrol - my dad thinks we should be going for diesel on this one, even though our usage will be ~1000 km per month or less.
You'll not regret the wait for Jazz. While it is true that the petrol prices are skyrocketing, the equivalent diesel vehicles would be Rs 1.5 to 2.0 lakh more expensive.

Let us assume that the difference in petrol and diesel price is Rs 30, and that you would get an FE of 14 kmpl (Jazz easily returns this FE in city driving). The amount you save on purchase of petrol vehicle (Rs 200,000) would offset any diesel advantage for the first 93,000 km, using the formula (2,00,000/30)X14, which is nearly first eight years of driving.

looking this another way, if you put the savings of Rs 2,00,000 in FD and earn an interest of, say 10%, you'd have Rs 20,000 each year to subsidize your petrol. At the current differential of Rs 30 per litre for petrol and diesel, this would translate in getting 666.7 litres petrol at the price of diesel, which in turn means running your Jazz for nearly 9,500 km each year, at diesel prices. And you still have Rs 2,00,000 in bank.

The situation will be even more favorable if you were to take a loan, or if you were not salaried and showed the fuel expenses on your balance-sheet for tax purposes.

Further petrol cars like Jazz, are superbly quite, have great reliability, easy to drive owing to a light clutch and gears, and virtually free of any maintenance. The rear seat leg room rivals much bigger cars.

I don't know your requirements, but Brio looks like another contender as a city runner, that returns FE of 18 kmpl.
SushilBajpai is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2011, 09:53   #10
BHPian

Thanks Sushil. You do make good arguments for a petrol. I am going to try out some excel comparisons to show to dad.
Old 2nd November 2011, 13:56   #11
Team-BHP Support

Welcome aboard!

Quote:
thanks .. i am just exploring the forum .. is there any thread for BHPians from Mumbai
None per se.

Keep your eyes open in the Team-BHP Meets section : https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-bhp-meet-section/

cya
R
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks