Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 11th November 2011, 00:03   #1
BANNED

I am a BHPian...!!

Hi, I am speechless…
I have no clue as of what to say.
This is my first post in TEAM BHP..!

Thank you so much moderators, thanks a LOT..!

I would like to take this opportunity to introduce myself. I am "diesel_power".
The name "DIESEL POWER", due to my newly found love, the NEW SWIFT VDi.
It’s been almost a month since I got my love, and what a gift, membership of the most elite team for an INDIAN car enthusiast, TEAM BHP. Just completed driving 1000 kms today evening. And it an amazing car, love it from the bottom of my heart.

I have always loved cars and bikes since my childhood, so much that I would even dream of driving them while sleeping and, while not sleeping.
The story of automobiles in our family started with an electric blue LML Sensation, yes that puny little scooter. That time, I couldn't even drive, and absolutely hated it for its weird looks; it was the joke of the colony. I first drove it at the age of 14, and it changed my (and everybody else’s) perspective to the little scooter drastically. A two stroke, 125cc engine in that little 84 kg scooter..!! I still remember that wheelie I had done (by mistake) and all the friends were left with open mouth. I behaved as if I did it intentionally and all was well, but was scared to death inside. And then there was no looking back, everybody respected that little thing.

Then came in the Caliber, Caliber Croma. Used by dad and me for 10 long years. It was a work horse, very VERY reliable. It had saved me from getting stuck in the 26th July rains. Kept on going in more than knee deep waters. It got me home safely and then, died. But, dad and I never gave up on it, we could not, especially now that it had become one of our family member. I remember my dad patting it proudly that night with a small tear in his eye, when it got me home unhurt.

Zoom into 2009, time to get a car in family, a pre-worshipped for sure. Comes in a 3rd hand Hyundai Santro(pre-pre-worshiped). Story starts with a breakdown. Day one, pooja done at Ram Mandir, Wadala. Everybody happy and excited to go for a drive, and then, the car just won’t start..! Right in front of the mandir, all excitement, gone, all happiness, gone..!! We start pushing the car. But, it’s the beginning of a new relationship. It turns out that it was only a weak battery. Get the car serviced from a reliable mechanic, and no problems till date. A 10 year old car now (since manufactured) still returns a mileage of 17 kmpl. Proud of it.

Year 2010, time for some new bikes. I get a job and buy myself a Brand new HH Hunk. Soon the caliber goes out and dad get’s himself a new Honda Unicorn. Both doing well, after around a year now. I still miss the caliber sometimes.

Year 2011, need for a new car. The way the petrol costs are going upward, we decide to go for a diesel. Various options, such a wide variety. I was going crazy test driving all the available hatchbacks. The Polo, Fabia, Punto, Figo, Swift, Micra, Beat, Ritz, Swift... Wow..! The list seemed to be endless for me. Then came in dad’s FINAL decision (he was the one paying), we will be going in for the Swift. Dad just loved the Swift. And after all it’s a Maruti, the good old Indian beloved brand. So, we booked the New Swift on 4th August 2011, right on my birthday. The New Swift wasn’t even launched. But we booked it. Then the story of the strike at the plant and all, it seemed that the wait was going to be very very long. But surprisingly, we got the Swift on 12th October 2011(in just 2 months).

Happiness lived for a while. I drove my car from Matunga(home) to Airoli(office) for 2 days. And then, day 3, a coconut shell, casually jumped out from a garbage truck, happily had a jump on the road, and landed straight on my windshield. Thisshhhh..!! That was the sound of my heart breaking. And the cracks were very clearly visible on the glass. I was shattered to pieces, just couldn’t believe what just happened, has really happened. Pulled over, out of my senses, just sat in the car for a minute. Then with trembling hands, called up the service center to ask if they had a spare glass. And yes, they did (lucky me). One night at the service center and the Swift was back to me. Happily driving since then, and hope to continue the same.

BHPian’s,I hope to get help and support from you, to keep my beloved gizmos on wheels in a top notch condition. With this I end this long boring introduction of mine. Thank you all.

diesel_power.

Last edited by Rehaan : 11th November 2011 at 10:33. Reason: Hi & welcome. Do use line breaks between paragraphs, it makes reading your posts easier. Cheers.
Old 11th November 2011, 09:09   #2
BHPian

Re: I am a BHPian...!!

Hey Diesel_power,
Welcome to the Team-BHP World. Nice introductory write-up. You can create a ownership thread if you like and keep posting details of your ride.

Wishing you Happy Miles ahead
Cheers!!!
Old 11th November 2011, 10:16   #3
BHPian

Great introduction Diesel Power!!

Welcome to the world of Team BHP!!

Looking forward to your experience of the New Swift VDI. There are quite a few members facing braking issues of the new swift. Would like to know your opinion as well.

Drive Safe!
Racer_X
Old 11th November 2011, 11:29   #4
BHPian

Welcome

I am a newbie myself. I can totally relate to how shocking and pleasant it is to be a part of Team-bhp. Wishing you a wonderful stay here and do create ownership thread to share your experiences.
Old 14th November 2011, 19:20   #5
BHPian

Whoa. Thats a detailed introduction.
Kudos for clearing the registration process. Its a great achievement. I too feel the same. Welcome aboard.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed