Team-BHP > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd November 2011, 13:28   #1

First Post

Finally after lurking in the shadows and quietly skimming through the vast info available (thereby increasing the confusion as to which car to go for) on this forum I today thought of writing my debut post to inform my arrival to fellow Teambhpians.

I am a government servant and got hooked to team BHP while searching on the net for car reviews and found that this forum is a treasure trove for auto enthusiasts where even second-hand is refered as 'pre-worshiped'.

Am looking for a sedan which ofcourse has to be spacious as am 6foot+, VFM, feature rich, good mileage/average, cheap to maintain, daily running is not going to be much around 800-1000km/month but throwing logicbook (of economics of petrol vs diesel mileage/running per month) to the winds i am rooting for a diesel and now even the price rise has also contributed positively to this decision. (Guess the choice remains between Manza and Dzire and maybe even the indigo CS.)
Am a sedate driver, very price conscious (govt servant you see ) and the quality of interior plastic, lack of a few cubby holes etc will not be deal breakers for me as i am not willing to pay a premium just to show the world that i've 'arrived' and buy a ANHC/NFF and then keep worrying about fuel/maintainence cost rest of the vehicle's life.

So guys hope to interact with you often and sometimes contribute my 2 cents.
Old 24th November 2011, 10:48   #2
BHPian

Re: First Post

Welcome to team-bhp! Hope you will have a fruitful stay on the forum.

This is an introductory forum and regarding you car search, I would suggest you to go through the specs and various reviews on this forum of various cars falling within your reach. If you still have confusion, you can start a separate thread under 'what car' section for further clarity.

Still, for the starter, given your requirements of "has to be spacious as am 6foot+, VFM, feature rich, good mileage/average, cheap to maintain...rooting for a diesel", guess only Indigo/Manza would fall within the segment you are looking at, as DZire may get a little cramped for you. If you are willing to take a chance with possible quality niggles, as perceived by many with a typical Tata car, that's it for you. Else, you can look at other options like SX4, Verna, Etios, Verito each of which has its own pros and cons.

Contrary to your belief, Honda City does not have too high long-term ownership cost mainly due to high quality and reliabiilty over long-term, which also results in high resale.

Also, do take elaborate TDs of target cars before taking a purchase decision.

All the best!
RadiantKarma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2011, 14:00   #3
BHPian

Re: First Post

Welcome to the club.

Short and sweet reply to your post-

Manza.

Cheers. And welcome again.
noidea is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed