Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 24th November 2011, 12:51   #1
BHPian

Hi! Getting my Punto 90HP tomorrow

Hello Fellow Auto Enthusiasts...
This is Srivatsa from Bangalore.
Tomorrow is a kind of big day in my life.
My new Grande Punto 90HP is going to be delivered to me.

Two years back i had instantly fallen in love with the Italian beauty when my best friend bought this for himself. I spent the next 2 years in Germany only to return now and to book it.

So you can expect some rants / queries from me about my car in near future

Cheers
srivatsahg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2011, 15:52   #2
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srivatsahg

Two years back i had instantly fallen in love with the Italian beauty when my best friend bought this for himself. I spent the next 2 years in Germany only to return now and to book it.

Cheers
Hello and Welcome

The first thing you should do is go through the TeamBHP Tutorial of how to do a PDI ie Pre Delivery Inspection before you take delivery of your car.

Also do post pictures of your sweet ride. PUNTO is one beautiful machine. Looking forward to your ownership reviews
Old 24th November 2011, 18:53   #3
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hi and already need a suggestion

Quote:
Originally Posted by srivatsahg View Post

Cheers
Congrats on your purchase and welcome to TBHP.

DO a PDI thoroughly. Do not get carried away by whatever the dealeship says. Control your enthusiasm and look out keenly. PDI thread on our forum would help you clear all doubts and would make a peacful mind. Even if one of the items in the PDI checklist fails, do not take delivery.
Old 24th November 2011, 18:59   #4
Team-BHP Support

Re: Hi and already need a suggestion

Welcome to the forum

Please ensure that you read this thread, take a print and follow it very carefully before taking the delivery of the car.

Would love to see an ownership thread, but please make sure that you go through the rules before starting to post in the main forum !

See you !!
Old 26th November 2011, 19:00   #5
BHPian

Re: Hi! Getting my Punto 90HP tomorrow

Quote:

Cheers
Congrats on the beauty Srivatsa!
it is one hell of a car, i have a Punto and enjoy it every moment of driving it. BTW what color? took delivery?
Old 27th November 2011, 14:57   #6
BHPian

A Big Hello to "The TEAM"
First things first ... Thanks a ton for the PDI list. It really did help me a lot before the delivery process.

I received the delivery of my car from Concorde Motors, Bangalore (Dairy circle Koramangala) yesterday. Though there was a major goofup in the delivery process, but still the car was delivered to me as promised.

i shall mention it here again, I really appreciate our fellow BHPians for helping me out with the PDI list. I had spent considerable time in inspecting the vehicle the day before comparing with the PDI list and i found no major reason to raise my concern regarding the car and gave a green signal for the delivery (...Not a good decision..)

I shall skip the part of the delivery process as you would already know it by now involved mostly explaining of all the features of the car and signing of all the documents which will officially make you the proud owner of the car.

First Impressions...
The Good:
I'm just loving my new diesel power plant. It has been a total head turner all the way. Atleast some were for "Oh...One more New car!!" sort of looks.
The Blue and ME feature in the car synced-up with my iPhone without a hitch. Though i couldnt read messages (good for me. Cos i'm more of a driving centric person than fiddling with the phone while driving types). The drive to home lasted for nearly an hour with an instantaneaous mileage of 15kmpl.

Yesterday night took my friends to a long drive on Mysore road and just loved every moment of the drive. The ride,handling and the cornering is just unbelivably too good considering the fact i owned an ALTO earlier and it begged for all of the above mentioned factors . I was particularly bowled over by the superb suspension, though the road was definitely good it absorbed the speedbreakers quite efficiently.

I didnt rev my baby too hard (although i want to test it someday), to clock a max of 120KMPH and slowed down very soon after that.

The Bad:

During the drive i had asked my friend to follow me from behind to notice any issues (if any) and we were soon to discover two issues.

1. Wobbling of rear wheel.. Although not glaring but it was evident after a minute of observation while running.

2. A LED was found to be not working on top of rear brake indicator LED Strip.I had just checked all the brake lights were found to be working in my PDI but its a pity that i failed to notice one particular LED which was not working in the strip.

I straightaway called up the Manager and explained him the issues and he agreed to fix this. The wheel alignment was done today morning and now it no longer wobbles. The Manager told that the LED lamp will be replaced on Monday owing to Sunday and other logistics.

Questions :
I definitely have to spend some time to go through the manuals to understand the inner working but someof you might already know the answers for my questions
1. I find that anyone can open the door while the car is stopped and the engine is still ON. Is this how it is or is there a way where i (driver) can control the locking /unlocking of all the doors.
2. The windows when open doesnt go up automatically after i lock the car. Is this normal ??
3. I find theres a little rust formation inside the wheels. The Concorde guy told this was normal and was the case with most of the cars i saw too. But still i need to be confirmed.
I really thank you guys again for sharing the information and i hope i will have some great memories with my car in the coming days ahead. And i shall post some pics of it soon

Revv Revv!!
VATSA
Attached Thumbnails
Hi! Getting my Punto 90HP tomorrow-photo.jpg  

Hi! Getting my Punto 90HP tomorrow-rear.jpg  

srivatsahg is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th November 2011, 18:53   #7
BHPian

Quote:
1. I find that anyone can open the door while the car is stopped and the engine is still ON. Is this how it is or is there a way where i (driver) can control the locking /unlocking of all the doors. Driver and Co-Passanger can unlock the doors.
2. The windows when open doesnt go up automatically after i lock the car. Is this normal ?? Yep, EP doesn't even have the security system which i miss the most. You can get an aftermarket to do the automatic roll up as well.
3. I find theres a little rust formation inside the wheels. The Concorde guy told this was normal and was the case with most of the cars i saw too. But still i need to be confirmed. Even i have seen it on many cars, seems due to open stock parking and natural elements.
Congrats on the new car, Red GP looks super hot!! my comments are in bold for your questions

Happy and Safe mile crunching.
RIC.BURNS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2011, 20:16   #8
SDP
Team-BHP Support

srivatsahg,
Congratulations for the new car and welcome to the forum!

Looking forward to an exciting ownership report of the powerful machine.

Drive safe.

PS: You mentioned Germany. Ages back, I was in Germany for 2 months, in Dusseldorf. Love that place. Where were you based out of?
SDP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2011, 23:40   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
srivatsahg,
Congratulations for the new car and welcome to the forum!

Looking forward to an exciting ownership report of the powerful machine.

Drive safe.

PS: You mentioned Germany. Ages back, I was in Germany for 2 months, in Dusseldorf. Love that place. Where were you based out of?
Hi
I was working in Stuttgart all these years. I agree that Germany is very beautiful esp to drive around
Old 28th November 2011, 12:02   #10
h14
BHPian

@srivatsahg, congrats on your GP and welcome to Team-BHP. Looking forward for your ownership thread.
Old 28th November 2011, 13:09   #11
Senior - BHPian

Congrats srivatsahg,
The Punto is looking vibrant in Red Color.
My Brother has a Red Punto in 1.4 petrol version.
He too consider buying 90Bhp Diesel after selling his petrol version.
Enjoy and Drive Safe
Old 28th November 2011, 19:38   #12
BANNED

Congrats Srivatsahg. I bought a Punto 90 HP August from a Team BHPian that has clocked 13K. I have done 7K. Punto was bought as a replacement for M800 that has served me more than 13 years. Mine is same red color as yours. The car is excellent to drive in highways especially while handling corners we can drive confident-ally
Drive safe
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks