Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd December 2011, 10:39   #1
BHPian

Persistence pays. I am part of Team-BHP!!

Finally, I got to voice my opinions on this forum. After a long hard battle, I got my reward and got the long awaited mail of approval from Team-BHP. I am elated to be a part of this community. Thanks a lot for the moderators for letting me into this world.

I have been following Team-BHP for some time now (read 6 months), when I started to lookout for a new car for myself. A friend of mine introduced this community to me and since then I am hooked-on to this on a daily basis. Never thought such a fantastic forum existed right here with so much passion and knowledge. What moved me to become a member is the attitude of the members who are quite open and warm to other members. Hats-off to you all. You guys rock!!

Just a little bit about myself – I am an IT Consultant living in Bangalore (best place on earth, if you leave out the traffic and the potholes) since birth. Married and have been blessed with twin boys (3 years). I live in the JP Nagar area with a good 30-45 min drive to my office in Electronics City. Being in the IT world gives you few opportunities to travel around the world and I did my share of long and short trips to the USA, UK and many other countries in the last 12 years.

My association with cars started back in 1999 when I first visited USA. I never knew driving when I was in India. I was so thrilled when I got my California license, I went and bought a brand new Black Honda Accord V6 on the same day!! How I miss those golden days of IT in Silicon Valley. Those days will never return. Anyway, during those couple of years I have driven almost all flavours of Cars available in the US – Camry, Maxima, Passat, Mustang (my favourite for the rush it gives), GrandAm, Landcruisers etc. I was a like a little boy who needs a new toy everyday and hired a new car every weekend for a getaway.

Back in India (read 2002), got a Ford IKON 1.6 , again for the sheer power and rush it was offering. I quite liked the car as it was very practical, good handling and sturdy at the same time. It wasn’t great on the ground clearance aspect, but then, which car can survive the dreaded potholes of Bangalore? This car remained with me for 7 years (till 2009), as I was travelling long term to USA again in between. During that period, I have had a Camry V6 and a Nissan Maxima in the US. I love those Japanese cars, quite powerful and unmatched quality. Best family cars you can own.

2 years ago, had to move to UK and decided to part away from my long serving companion, the FORD IKON. It’s in UK, that I got to get more about cars (read European cars) and watching Top Gear (almost everyday) got me hooked onto the details of cars, their operations and all the smaller things that are significant. I started drooling and dreaming about the Aston Martins, Maseratti, Lamborghinis, BMWs, Audis etc. These cars were a regular sight to me on a daily basis. I still follow Top Gear in India (although most of them are repeats from what I watched a year or 2 ago in UK). I didn’t own a car in UK as it was not needed (Indian administration has a lot to learn on how to implement a good public transport system). I rented regularly on weekends and we went around the UK (with trips across England, wales and of course Scotland).

Back in India in 2011 for good. The hunt for the new car began in June. I will stop here and will take the new car story in the other section “Initial ownership”. Hope you guys read them and provide your comments. That is going to be a BIG one with photos and all. Once again, I thank the moderators of this community and a big “Namaskara” to all the members.
Take care and drive safely. Team-BHP Rocks!!

Cheers

Last edited by Jaggu : 2nd December 2011 at 10:41. Reason: Removing [Font] tags, please avoid copy pasting from external font editors, also do a preview before Submitting post. Thanks
Old 2nd December 2011, 13:08   #2
BHPian

Re: Persistence pays. I am part of Team-BHP!!

hey rockstar welcome and been seeing the same opening line from all newbies ..which shows how difficult its getting to become a member...
And now as we are finally a part of the family ..we will enjoy the stay here Enjoy and keep driving ...
Old 8th December 2011, 13:42   #3
Senior - BHPian

Thats a nice writeup rockstar and welcome to our very own TBHP. Great to know yet another Bangalorean joining in and BTW living and working in the same part of the city. Hope to catch up some time in any of the TBHP meets or drives. Look out for such events at The Team-BHP Meet Section. Also curious to know which is your latest ride. Do post them in the relevant sections. Cheers
girishglg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th December 2011, 14:48   #4
BHPian

Happy and safe driving ...welcome to Team BHP
Old 19th December 2011, 15:46   #5
BHPian

Welcome onboard and wish you a great stay at TBHP Let me guess, your new car in india is going to be a japanese one
Old 19th December 2011, 17:17   #6
BHPian

Welcome aboard r0ckstar.1!!!

Nice and clean write up!! Looks like you've had a great time with all the cars!! Hope you can put up an article about them.
Awaiting your ownership report!!
Lemme guess!! Skoda Fabia!
rangakishen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2011, 19:24   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

Welcome! Are you a real rockstar or just a Ranbir fan?

Fascinating story of your obsession with cars and can't wait to see which car you choose and the ownership report that follows!
noopster is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2011, 13:31   #8
BHPian

Thanks for the welcome guys!! Have been pretty busy in the last few weeks and not getting enough time to write about my "not so new now" car and it's initial ownership details. I will do so soon in early January. Apologies for the delay.

@noopster: I am a rockstar in my own sense and indeed a fan of Ranbir.

@rangakishen: You are right in your guessing, it is a Skoda Fabia

@girishglg: Thanks for the information. I will keep a lookout for those events and hope to meet you guys soon.

A sneek preview of my ride below. Just got new DRLs installed last weekend.

Wishing you all a very happy new year in advance.
Take care and drive safe (particularly in the holiday season).

Cheers
Attached Thumbnails
Persistence pays. I am part of Team-BHP!!-img_1173.jpg  

Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks