Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 16th March 2006, 16:14   #1
BHPian

Hello All

I am Dileep Devapal. A 24 year old software engineer from trivandrum. At present i am using my parents Maruthi 800 but looking forward to buying a CRDI diesel engine driven small car under 5 lakhs. This is what brought me into your community.

I searched and searched and finally came to the conclusion that i would buy only a turbo crdi small car and thus focussed on tata indica turbo(though not crdi). that was when i came to your site looking for a testdrive info but along with that i also noticed varunroy's plight and now i was stuck having an idea on the quality of materials used in the indica.

In the mean time i happend to drive a Indica V2 diesel car (old look model) of a relative This is the only car i have driven other than my maruthi 800 and my old premier padmini. This is what i felt about it.

With 5 people on board it could hardly roll on to the road in first gear even on my pressing the accelerator to the floor. i felt someone would have to push it on to the road. Stopping at crossroads and then moving forward would require that the road be clear for the next 100 meters or so because at any distance less than that any vehicle except another v2 would have p***sed us by the time our v2 got moving.

Also it made all all kinds of noises on a rough terrain and added to that the extrodinarly high dashboard ensured that i was never comfortable on the road. If the car climbs up a small slope all i see in front of me is the sky. mind you i am about 6 feet tall. i belive i would require a video camera in front to see the road properly while going up slopes.

I had some questions for you guys.

1. When will a CRDI Indica or Indica dicor as they call it be released and how will it compare to the Indica turbo(I am interested in more mileage and better pulling in the lower gears)?
2. Will its build quality and ride quality be better than current Tata standards?
3. Will it have the same pulling problem in lower gears that the v2 i drove had?
4. Is there any alternative CRDI small car below 5 lakhs to be released in the near future?
5. I heard of Santro releasing a Turbo CRDI Car soon. is this true? If yes then by when will it be available?
6. Any other alternatives you can suggest (The only alternatives i have are the Expected Indica Dicor and the expected Santro CRDI)?
7. I can wait for 1 year for a turbo crdi small car under 5 lakhs. Will my wait be fruitfull or should i go for the indica turbo available now?

answer them if you can.
Thanks
Dileep Devapal
Old 16th March 2006, 16:57   #2
Senior - BHPian

Hi Dileep, welcome to team BHP; I'm sure you won't have to wait very long before our diesel experts come up with the answers you need.....Cheers!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks