Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th January 2012, 17:18   #1
BHPian

New Car Enthusiast joins the ranks

Hi Guys,

I am excited to become a part of this burgeoning community. I have been enthralled by cars since a long time. My current garage consists of -

BMW F10 530D (2011 November)
MERCEDES C Class 200 CGI (2010 October)
TOYOTA Innova 2.5 V champagne (2010)
Swift Diesel (2007)

Look forward to posting (hopefully ) interesting pieces of info and experience.*
Cheers. *
Old 9th January 2012, 20:52   #2
Team-BHP Support

Re: New Car Enthisiast joins the ranks

Welcome aboard!

Interesting garage. Did you get the 530D with the HUD and full black panel display?

cya
R
Rehaan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2012, 21:11   #3
Team-BHP Support

Welcome to tbhp. Nice garage there, the 530d is one of my favourites. I would like a comparison between the c200 and the 530d. I found the c200 relatively uninspiring even compared to the relatively less powerful 320d (relative to the 530d).
Akshay1234 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2012, 01:35   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
Welcome aboard!

Interesting garage. Did you get the 530D with the HUD and full black panel display?

cya
R
Hi Rehan, yup got the new version with full black cluster, navigation (I love navigation as I am navigationally compromised ), HUD, Rear seat entertainment and the completely awesome Sports auto transmission with paddle shifters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
Welcome to tbhp. Nice garage there, the 530d is one of my favourites. I would like a comparison between the c200 and the 530d. I found the c200 relatively uninspiring even compared to the relatively less powerful 320d (relative to the 530d).
Hi Akshay,
Thanks. Honestly a comparison between the MB and the 530 would be unfair to the MB. They are entirely different beasts. One is meant for the wifey (smaller in size and overtly light steering) and the other is a sports sedan meant for enthusiasts like us.*
The Bimmer has the MB beat in practically all aspects except maybe visits to the dealer. MB needs to really pick up their quality control - I mean the horn has conked off twice among other more serious issues.
Also a petrol engine simply doesn't cut it in front of the modern day torquey Diesels and the in line 6 served up in the Bimmer is a peach. Very refined and honestly a bit over-eager (not that I am complaining).*
Old 12th January 2012, 17:46   #5
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: New Car Enthusiast joins the ranks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zkalra View Post
I am excited to become a part of this burgeoning community. I have been enthralled by cars since a long time. My current garage consists of
Welcome aboard Zorawar! Great to meet a fellow batchmate from Bentley.

Quote:
BMW F10 530D (2011 November)
The best sedan on sale in India, without a doubt! I'm just glad that BMW left the quirkiness behind and came back to clean, timeless designs. A softer suspension (compared to the E60) is welcome on our roads too. And boy, what an all-rounder of a 6 cylinder diesel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zkalra View Post
The Bimmer has the MB beat in practically all aspects except maybe visits to the dealer
Join the club of disgruntled Merc owners. Hope you've taken the 5 year BSI on your Bimmer?

Hope to bump into you over on some interesting discussion. Welcome again.
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2012, 23:50   #6
BHPian

Re: New Car Enthusiast joins the ranks

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Welcome aboard Zorawar! Great to meet a fellow batchmate from Bentley.

The best sedan on sale in India, without a doubt! I'm just glad that BMW left the quirkiness behind and came back to clean, timeless designs. A softer suspension (compared to the E60) is welcome on our roads too. And boy, what an all-rounder of a 6 cylinder diesel.

Join the club of disgruntled Merc owners. Hope you've taken the 5 year BSI on your Bimmer?

Hope to bump into you over on some interesting discussion. Welcome again.
Hi Rush,
Quite a coincidence running into you on this forum (wasn't expecting a Bentley connection). Definitely look forward to meeting up next I am in Mumbai.

Regarding the Bimmer, no I didn't take the BSI as I usually flip my main car in 3 years and this car has a two year warranty anyway. Might keep this one for longer though as a family car. Still have till the first service to decide
Regarding the suspension though I am not too happy. Main reason is the body roll. Even passengers have stated this, including my wife who really doesn't notice such things. People really do get flung around if I try to take fast corners or even a quick lane change on the highway and the 'dynamic drive' thing has barely any impact. In fact without dynamic dampers the dynamic drive in the indian 530d does pretty much nothing for the suspension. Only changes the steering, the throttle respite and gear changes.

Oh yeah about the MB. I'm getting rid of it soon as I find it pretty pointless. Planning on getting an SUV in the RR Sport range in the next couple of months time. Any recommendations?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks