Team-BHP > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 20th January 2012, 12:40   #1
BHPian

I am on the podium & am not nervous !!!

Bonja, Boys And Girls… You People Look So Good Tonight
And Yeah Siragugalin Vanakam Swagatha Namaskaram Vanthanam
Vinnilum Mannilum Ulla Natchathirangalodu, Onna Sernthu Inainthu Pinainthu Ninainthu
Pichi Pinni Paerthedukalam Yeah…
{those who are familiar with tamil movie ‘ko’ can understand the above lines. Rest – my apologies – it is just to show the excitement & declare ‘party time’]
Indeed a great start of the year, with the new journey – team bhpian – Me too. Am definitely old enough (say by 15 years – that’s my work experience !!!) to think/talk about the first day, first write-up – but believe me, it is indeed a honor to be here & when you have followed this space for over a year or two, it is indeed very special.
‘Introduce Myself’ – the first like on this community. There is always an emotional attachment. This is not a blog-spot (write what you want to – irrespective of people read or not) & it is not a e-media (where news are created or generated), instead it is a simple community forum – wherein people who has interest/knowledge/passion/experience – share their language to the world who are waiting to listen, learn & un-learn !
With that Thanks Note, here is my simple introduction:
- Did my Schooling in Chennai & pursued graduation, masters through correspondence. Thanks to IT – management degree added as well !
- Started career in Bhopal (Spinning Industry), then Mumbai (Stock Exchange) and moved to IT as Business Analyst.
- Lived (short or long stay) in other countries (Singapore | Boston, New York | Geneva | London)
- Enjoys Preparation, Cooking & Dish-washing [Don’t know why people differentiate these – it is actually one full act !]. [My wifey does complain – for she get less chance to show her culinary skills J]
- Like reading (apart from The Hindu, Weekly Tamizh magazines & India glitz) - has complete collection of Jeffrey Archer, Sidney Sheldon, Dan Brown, Chetan Bhagat and Ashok K. Bankar (The Ramayana series).
On the moving Machine front:
- Own BSA ranger cycle since 2000 – My first month IT salary purchase and office-commute for almost 6 months (the Chennai roads were much safer, then !)
- Owned TVS Champ, TVS Victor, Bajaj Discover 135 – clocking 10k, 40k, 35k km’s respectively !
- Own Suzuki Access 125 (Nov-2010) (clocked 14k so far) and 3rd hand Santro Xing (2003) bought in Sep-2011 (clocked 3k so far)
- And I call myself as ‘No liking for Driving’ (then – is it my ghost clocked in all my machines !)
Having spent years in Europe, wish to use more public transport here as well & so my wifey !. But, our (Indian) public transport needs to gear-up faster in-line with demand/urban growth - Hopefully, the Metro / Mono rail et all will be reality and successful. Am eager to see such nice days – sooner the better.
Meanwhile, age/lifestyle/family – demand more convenient travel & why not – afterall, you can afford as well. Hence my venturing to 4 wheeler recently & no regret – am actually started enjoying the drive.
Thanks to 100’s of contributors & 1000’s of readers here – this forum is real content & healthy arguments.
Have learnt many jargons and techie details & hoping to learn/share more to this e-community.
Cheers,
Jay.

BSA Ranger Bi-cycle(2000), Suzuki Access 125 (2011), Santro Xing (2003)

Mods note: Removing [Font] tags, please avoid copy paste from external font editors, also do a Preview before Submitting posts. Thanks

Last edited by Jaggu : 20th January 2012 at 12:54. Reason: Removing [Font] tags, please avoid copy paste from external font editors, also do a Preview before Submitting posts. Thanks
Old 20th January 2012, 15:56   #2
BHPian

Re: I am on the podium & am not nervous !!!

Hi gjiyap1,
Let me be the first to welcome you!! Hope you have a nice stay in this wonderful forum.
kablu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2012, 18:13   #3
Team-BHP Support

Wow! You are excited, alright. Good to have you here with us. I am sure you will enjoy your stay with us. Just do read out the rules and announcements. They can potentially save a lot of heartburns and headaches for you in future.

Welcome onboard mate!
Zappo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st January 2012, 13:13   #4
BHPian

Thank you Zappo, Kablu. Yes - with such excitment, have actually missed out preview of my first post !. It look so beautiful in MS word. No worries - will learn the skills as we move on.
Now that am in - going to take photos of my machines - which i did not bother all these years & post for view here !.
Old 30th January 2012, 12:45   #5
BHPian

Have got the team-bhp stickers yesterday - very prompt indeed.

Yet to collate snaps. will post before this post get closed
Old 6th February 2012, 05:31   #6
BHPian

As promised - here it is - with the copy of machines & BIG parking lot - thought will share some of my other clicks as well.

Cheers,
Jay.

Mods note: Few pics deleted. We have other threads where you can post your pictures. Please go through the forum main page to see where you can.
Attached Thumbnails
I am on the podium & am not nervous !!!-1-parking-lot-machines.jpg  

I am on the podium & am not nervous !!!-2-team-bhp.jpg  

I am on the podium & am not nervous !!!-3-sticker-perfect.jpg  

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 6th February 2012 at 10:44.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed