Team-BHP > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd February 2012, 15:39   #1

American Bhp'er

Hi motorheads,

After four years away from home in US and living in Chennai, I could no longer contain my car obsession any longer and I had to get the object of my affection...the Premier Padmini fiat 1100. (I still trying to figure out how I convinced my wife to allow.)

I've been a long time fan of TeamBHP having been referred by my business partner Rajesh who was an old-school racer back in the day when Chennai was Madras. Being an Italian-American (or the 'politically correct' title..."an American of Italian descent", I always had a thing for Italian badges...no doubt due to my car obsessed father (whose 'retirement' plan included opening a resto shop in Florida for Italian cars.) So now I have my first Indian car worth mentioning (my prior the iconic Maruti 800) and looking forward to joining the fun of sharing thoughts and ideas re cars, mods, tuning etc. I'll upload pic of the Padmini as soon as I figure out how...and I'll also send y'all pics of the 'ponies in my stable' back home in U.S.: A Merc, an 72 Alfa Montreal and a 61 Willys wagon superhurricane. Weird mix, huh.

Well, let me say it's a real thrill to be part of the Team and I look forward to getting to know and enjoy the high octane desi-motorhead scene!

Best,

Frank
Yankee Frankie is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2012, 16:06   #2
BHPian

Re: American Bhp'er

Welcome to the best automotive forum in this of the globe. Will love to see your collection, please do upload the pics ASAP, please don't make us wait to have a look at the one cool "automobile art" collection of yours. Looking forward for Alfa, heard so many things about the classic, never met an owner. Cherish your collection brother.
Old 2nd February 2012, 16:14   #3
Senior - BHPian

Welcome to Team-BHP, Yankee Frankie !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee Frankie View Post
... a 61 Willys wagon superhurricane. Weird mix, huh....
Could you please start a separate thread about the Willys. I am sure a lot of us here would be interested in that one.
Old 2nd February 2012, 16:33   #4

Sure. She's my baby. Let me see if I can figure out where to start the thread. Those Willys wagons are tough to come by in US...so it was the first (and only) time I bought a car on Ebay - sight unseen - and had it shipped 1000 miles on a car carrier. The lorry driver was furious because he put the Willys above a Lexus on the auto-carrier - and it dripped oil on the hood of the Lexus! Who would-a-figured that would happen?!?! ha.

Thanks Dr Awesomeness, you are right...this forum is amazing. What a lively passionate bunch of car-nuts. I'm right at home. I'll post pics as soon asap.

Last edited by Rehaan : 2nd February 2012 at 19:59.
Yankee Frankie is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2012, 18:43   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Sure. She's my baby. Let me see if I can figure out where to start the thread. ...
Thanks!

This would be the right forum, I guess, if it is a 4X4

4x4 Vehicles - Team-BHP

else, if it is a 4X2

Beyond Borders - Team-BHP

Quote:
...he put the Willys above a Lexus on the auto-carrier - and it dripped oil on the hood of the Lexus! Who would-a-figured that would happen?!?! ha.
Old 2nd February 2012, 18:51   #6

Dana-Spicer 20 Transfer Case. Indestructible 4x4. Thanks Blue Thunder!
Yankee Frankie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2012, 22:47   #7
Senior - BHPian

Welcome Frank to the forum.

Another thread i think which you should start is "Impressions of American Driver driving on Indian Roads" That should also be an interesting read
amitwlele is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2012, 14:46   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitwlele View Post
Welcome Frank to the forum.

Another thread i think which you should start is "Impressions of American Driver driving on Indian Roads" That should also be an interesting read
You mean there's another American out there whose lived to tell the tale!!?

India newbies think it's 'organized chaos'...to the contrary, it just looks like chaos because the system of rules and exceptions are so incredibly complex!!
Old 3rd February 2012, 15:52   #9
Senior - BHPian

Hey Frank welcome! I love italian cars too!! I have three of them including a new Fiat 500 sport (but then thats romanian right?) and a 1959 Lambretta. Incidentally we will be having a large collection of classic Fiat 1100's in Mumbai. So keep your eyes on the FCCCI thread.regards Amol-the mole
Old 13th February 2012, 09:08   #10
BHPian

Welcome on board. Look forward to some write ups on the premier and would be great to get one on the classic Maruti.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed