Team-BHP - New member here . pug ram
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Introduce yourself (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/introduce-yourself/)
-   -   New member here . pug ram (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/introduce-yourself/11622-new-member-here-pug-ram.html)

Hi Team-BHP'ians

My actual name is Rajaram and I come from Chennai, Tamilnadu.

I am a Banking software professional and work in chennai.

I have a fascination for anything diesel and am a proud owner of a peugeot 309 gld, which i believe was the only real car of it's times. Hence chose the pug in the id. My other interests are Photography and Biking.

I have seen a lot of activity in these forums and some of them just pass over the head of laymen like me... just hope those automotive honchos sitting there do go through these posts and bring out the best in their products.

Thanks for such a forum being there in first place and then making it a success.

Hope to be able to go interactive shortly.

Thanks again

pug(raja)ram

welcome pug ram..do go through the rules/announcements once before posting..and yeah post pics of your ride!

Pug Ram - welcome to the gang !

A 309 GLD - i heard this car had the best ride quality then and the most awesome FE .......true ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by normally_crazy
A 309 GLD - i heard this car had the best ride quality then and the most awesome FE .......true ?

Yeah! I think this car has one of the best ride qualities and the FE is around 17kmpl in city and 20kmpl on highway.

Only the indifferent attitude of the mechanics with respect to the spares availability is worrying me, shall be posting regarding this later. Otherwise i am perfectly happy with the package i have..

Almost the same engine that an Esteem / Zen / Hyundai DLS have. The famed TUD5 engine from Peugeot.. Oh god! how much i pray they set shop in India.

Thanks for the welcome

pugram

Hi Pugram, I guess first we can do some mutual welcoming since I'm also a newbie. Glad that I found this forum and be a part of this growing club. I dont have a car yet since I'm still looking for a job...guess nobody wants me (LOL)...

...but if I had the money I would probably buy the 911..wishful thinking eh?!!agree:

Quote:

Originally Posted by mykal shoemaker
...but if I had the money I would probably buy the 911..wishful thinking eh?!!agree:

Hi Mykal,

Welcome to TBHP. Like you said the feeling is mutual.

Keep the flame (911 dreams) flying high and am sure you will reach there.

They have just started recognising a country like India, now that their other markets have started stagnating.

Don't quote astronomical salaries :Shockked: to start with and sooner or later you should find yourself a good job. All the best for it..

All the best wishes

pugram

Hi Rajaram welcome to team-bhp. Please post some pics of your ride.

WELCOME on board!!.. Peugeot was a great car ... used to have three of them inthe family... Managed to keep one running till date...

Quote:

Originally Posted by kb100
.....Managed to keep one running till date...

Thanks caroholic1 and kb 100 for the welcome.

As kb100 put in, i am also managing to keep this one running.. but a bit unsatisfactorily, due to the attitude of the mechanics over here at chennai. maybe I have not yet met the right person.

KB100 - I know of a good mechanic in coimbatore - u would definitely not have missed him. One by name Kannan, Vishnu Auto Garage, Avarampalayam Road, Just behind Ramakrishna Hospital. A great guy who used to work along with Karivaradhan on his race outings and a very reasonable one too. Please let me know of any good mech., at chennai.

I took my car over there last year and came back good.

Hope there are Kannan's around here in chennai.. Hmmmmm

Thanks again..

pugram

Quote:

Originally Posted by kb100
... Managed to keep one running till date...

Thanks for the welcome caroholic1 and kb100.

Will definitely post the pics of my car sometime.

ps: I sent out a reply earlier.. but cannot see it now.. so pls bear with me if this message is in duplicate

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugram
Thanks caroholic1 and kb 100 for the welcome.

As kb100 put in, i am also managing to keep this one running.. but a bit unsatisfactorily, due to the attitude of the mechanics over here at chennai. maybe I have not yet met the right person.

KB100 - I know of a good mechanic in coimbatore - u would definitely not have missed him. One by name Kannan, Vishnu Auto Garage, Avarampalayam Road, Just behind Ramakrishna Hospital. A great guy who used to work along with Karivaradhan on his race outings and a very reasonable one too. Please let me know of any good mech., at chennai.

I took my car over there last year and came back good.

Hope there are Kannan's around here in chennai.. Hmmmmm

Thanks again..

pugram

Sorry Pugram... This car is with my uncle and being driven in Hyderabad.

Hi

This is the Peugeot that I own
On a rainy day, next to a Honda city

Needs some good paint work.

Will be asking suggestions else where

Hey rajaram,

Welcome to the forum, hope you have fun on this site and do enjoy your stay.

Quote:

I think this car has one of the best ride qualities and the FE is around 17kmpl in city and 20kmpl on highway.
Woow can i get more details?

Quote:

I have seen a lot of activity in these forums and some of them just pass over the head of laymen like me...
Dont worry your not alone here :p

Enjoy

Quote:

Originally Posted by BUSA
Hey rajaram,

Welcome to the forum, hope you have fun on this site and do enjoy your stay.
Woow can i get more details?
Dont worry your not alone here :p
Enjoy

Thanks BUSA for the welcome and comfort provided ;)

The TUD5 engine by peugeot is one of the most frugal and reliable engine built by any manufacturer in the world(If I am permitted to say that).

The FE figures are legendary and have been vouched by all the magazines. Get yourself a test report of any of these cars Esteem D / Zen D / Accent DLS powered by the same engine (Yes.. by peugeot) and you will notice similar FE figures as reported by me.

Upto a period of time, In auto mags of India, all the diesel cars manufactured in India were either compared with the Rover Montego or the Peugeot 309 GLD for their performance and other statistics. This is how the pug (shortly for peugeot) bug bit me and I ultimately ended up owning one..

Will host a gallery when permitted or upload some pictures in this thread later.

Thanks

pugram

Welcome Peuguot Boy

Nice car you have there - despite the fact that it didnt do well in the market, I felt the 309 was one of the most driveable cars in the category that it was sold. Great handing, good ride and extremely "chuckable", the 309 had it all - more than adequate power, Fuel Economy and very nice looks. Some of my friends still have their 309 Ds running and nothing beats it for economy - its cheaper to run even after factoring in the expensive spares that one may occassionally need.

Enjoy your stay here.