Team-BHP - Hi. New member from Blore.
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Introduce yourself (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/introduce-yourself/)
-   -   Hi. New member from Blore. (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/introduce-yourself/11748-hi-new-member-blore.html)

Hi,

My name is Karthik and I'm a corporate lawyer from Bangalore. Introduced to this group by a friend..who incidentally is still 'lurking'

We're both totally impressed with the crowd here..especially the moderators and other senior bhpians..and the very sensible advice dished out to newbies.

Planning to buy a car shortly and after reading several posts on this group..am seriously contemplating a Baleno Lxi. Plan to get ICE, alloys, tubeless tyres leather seats and would like to modify the front grill (maybe later). Recommendations are welcome.

If anybody has a contact in Maruti for the car/accessories, who can get me a discount please: do let me know. I don't have the corporate discounts route available to me.

In any case, glad to be here and part of this team.

Cheers
Spidey

P.S: Love the smileys and the forum features.

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Post Edited. Smilie usage is restricted to one per post on Team-BHP. Please refrain from using excessive smilies.

We advice you to read the Announcements and Board Rules section before proceeding any further.

Hey man welcome to the forum. Read the rules... u can only use 2 smilies per post:)

Hey Bro.. welcome to the Forum.. Good choice on The baleno but there are seriously better cars out there too man.. also check out the Aveo from chevy..

Thanks for the welcome Barbar and Godfather.

Godfather...I'm positive there are better cars in the market. ..including the high end cars starting from the Skodas. Quite like the Optra too (great VFM in my opinion after the Baleno:)) and from what I read on the bumpers..they seem to be almost indestructible!

In fact I went to Sundaram Motors to check out the Aveo a few days back..but didn't bother with a test drive cos i found my left leg being obstructed by a plastic column right near the wheel .. And if i were to push the seat back..the passenger at the back will have to put his legs up on the seat :Frustrati

Anyways..here's to the perfect car..hic..Cheers
Spidey

P.S: Moderators..i stuck to the 2 smileys rule.

Hi Spyder, and welcome to our team. Good choice with the Baleno. Why dont you also test drive the Fiesta?

Quote:

P.S: Moderators..i stuck to the 2 smileys rule.
Please do read the board rules section again. Smilie usage is restricted to one per post.

GTO

Hi Spyder welcome to the forum.... hope u have a nice time here.
Baleno is a nice car , but it would be a better choice if you are planning to go for a second hand car, as now you have many new cars that are available in that range and with better features....

Welcome to the forum Spyder... Good Decision - Great Car!! very-mod friendly - brilliant dynamics!

Hey man welcome to the forum.

Hi,

My name is Sourabh, I am a structural engineer working in UK currently on vacation in Delhi. Although a regular delhite, I presently find myself challenged on selecting a good car for my father.

The budget is 7.5 max but we are looking for the best VFM.
My shortlist is ....... Accent Viva CRDi, Fiesta, Aveo, Elantra, Baleno.

Baleno looks a good low-cost option. The Aveo and Fiesta are good cars but I have doubts abt GM / Ford's ability to match Maruti/ Hyundai on after sales and maintainence costs. Also hear that the Aveo doesn't have a great pick-up.

Accent Viva CRDi is very highly spoken of and is convincing except that the high end model is very closely priced (7.3 l) with the Elantra base model (7.6 l). I heard that Viva has a problem with brakes and ABS is optional so that might add to the cost. I think Elantra is a great car with its presence, performance stats comparable to Corolla, and the features it is loaded with, and the price.

I am looking for advice/opinions on which is a better deal : Elantra base model or Accent Viva CRDi. My vacation ends in two weeks time, so am doing everything in a hurry.

Looking forward to have a good time on this forum.

Cheers mates,
Sourabh

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO
Hi Spyder, and welcome to our team. Good choice with the Baleno. Why dont you also test drive the Fiesta?

Thanks for the welcome GTO. Did test drive the Fiesta..but not very impressed with it..Though its a bit more comfy than the Ikon. Would prefer the Ikon anyday..the ROCAM is truly a drivers car...but the 1.3 is quite expensive now as compared to the earlier models..plus was advised that the maintenance costs would be high/painful.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO
Please do read the board rules section again. Smilie usage is restricted to one per post.

Read the rules. Will stick by them. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by SourabhKumar
The budget is 7.5 max but we are looking for the best VFM. My shortlist is ....... Accent Viva CRDi, Fiesta, Aveo, Elantra, Baleno.

Hey Sourabh,

Went through the same process myself..Eventually pinned it down to the Baleno Lxi, Accent GLE and the Ikon 1.3 ROCAM (the only Ikon available now..they've phased the 1.6 out)

Wasn't very impressed with the Accent CRDI..Felt a little like a friend's Fiat uno which I drove in Mumbai sometime back. Great car..but felt like a truck. Prefer the Accent GLE..good VFM IMO...but not as exciting as the Baleno :)

Not very impressed with the Aveo seating and the Fiesta seems a little dull. Abhishek Bachan is the probably the high point of the Fiesta

The Elantra is a really good car..but resales and maintenance are two concerns which friends of mine have..they own the mid version Elantra.

The Corolla rocks..but as compared to the Baleno and the Accent..the spare parts prices seems to be almost double..but its a Toyota and its a great car to drive. You should be able to get a good refurbished Corolla from the dealer from a good price..I was getting a 2005 showroom maintained Corolla H1 for 8.5 (with leather seats and Alpine music system)

Happy car hunting dude.

Cheers
Spidey.

Thanks for the welcome ..Jay, kb100, caroholic1 :)

Hope to meet the Bangalore guys sometime.

Welcome sypder .. Enjoy ur stay here ..

Btw , do make a point to catch up with the rest of the bangy boys over the weekends .. Its lotsa fun ..

Quote:

Originally Posted by mclaren1885
Btw , do make a point to catch up with the rest of the bangy boys over the weekends .. Its lotsa fun ..

Thanks for the welcome mclaren..Quite enjoyed following your posts, especially those on the Baleno

...would never dare to run in a new car like you did, heh. that probably also explains your quick rise to senior bhpian.

Would love to meet up with you guys. Just let me know when and where :Cheering:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spyder
Thanks for the welcome mclaren..Quite enjoyed following your posts, especially those on the Baleno

...would never dare to run in a new car like you did, heh. that probably also explains your quick rise to senior bhpian.

Would love to meet up with you guys. Just let me know when and where :Cheering:

lol: ... EErrr .. I was helpless .. Now my car gets the well needed rest after that quick run-in .. Its hardly done a few kms over this entire week ..

Well we meet up at LCD every weekend .. Just buzz v1p3r on 9886306188 or me on 9986370896 for further details .. Looking forward to having ur company at the meets ..