Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd March 2012, 00:15   #1

A technophile telecomm grad with a love for the machine.

Hi Everybody.
It is my honor to finally be a part of this thriving community of petrol-heads.
I am an EXTC grad from Mumbai, currently living in Mumbai. Predictably, I work in the IT industry and been doing so for 3 years now.
Now for the fun part. I am an ardent follower of the latest in technology and an active member on a number of tech forums such as Chip, Digit, TechEnclave, etc. I was also a part of the Digit editorial team for a short span of 2 months just after my graduation and just before I got into IT.
I got my hands on a two wheeler when I was 16. With all the illegality part of it aside, it was a Kinetic Honda Y2K series. It was that day and there has been no looking back since then.
Got my first bike at 18, the Pulsar 180 DTSi and it has served me faithfully till date. Covered 75K kms. on it.
Today, I am going to lay my hands on my first car. Yes, today, the 23rd of March 2012, Gudi Padwa in about 9 hours from now. Welcoming the new member of the family, the Honda Brio. He is the SMT variant in Urban Titanium skin. All preped, with the right music loaded on a pen drive and a nice watch as a token of my appreciation for the sales guy. I don't think I am going to get much sleep tonight.
Apart from tech and wheels, I am also a shuttebug. I own a Canon 550D, my first DSLR and I am just loving it. I feel the same level of freedom and exhilaration when I am shooting with the 550D as I feel when I am riding the 180.
I am confident this is going to be an amazing journey, being a part of the Team BHP family.
Looking forward to composing my first ownership review of The Brio.
Peace.
Old 23rd March 2012, 12:09   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: A technophile telecomm grad with a love for the machine.

Hello Karan,

Welcome to T-BHP & be assured that your stay here will be great.

Hope by this time you would have taken delivery of your new Car & congrats for the same.

Also looking forward to hear your initial ownership of Honda Brio soon.

Thanks,
Old 23rd March 2012, 13:05   #3
Senior - BHPian

Welcome to TBHP. I am sure you will enjoy being a member of this great forum.

Congrats on your new car. We look forward to a nice review and photographs of the car at the soonest.
pganapathy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2012, 13:56   #4
BHPian

Welcome to TBHP!!

How come such a lot of TBHP folks share similar hobbies (Cars + electronics + DSLR's).
Well, i sure am exaggerating it, but i myself have similar interests.

Did you have to wait for long to get the Brio? I saw an ad today that Brio bookings are open now.
Old 23rd March 2012, 17:15   #5

Thanks everybody for the warm welcome....

I will definitely come back with a more comprehensive review and photos...
But to get started, here is me & my mother taking the delivery today morning..

@deep_bang: I had booked it around 3 months back. This is when Honda was still reeling under the aftermath of the floods in Thailand and situation in Japan. However, I now believe that waiting is down to 4 weeks once they clear the backlog my March end.
Old 24th March 2012, 10:43   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan_nandwani View Post
Thanks everybody for the warm welcome....

I will definitely come back with a more comprehensive review and photos...
But to get started, here is me & my mother taking the delivery today morning..

@deep_bang: I had booked it around 3 months back. This is when Honda was still reeling under the aftermath of the floods in Thailand and situation in Japan. However, I now believe that waiting is down to 4 weeks once they clear the backlog my March end.
Hey Karan,

Congrats on your possession. Wishing you miles and miles of happy driving.

Co-incidentally, even i have done B.E - EXTC from MU and work in the IT industry.

You'll be surprised to see the number of IT folks on T-BHP, especially Pune. Looking forward to catch-up in any of the T-BHP meets whenever they happen.

Cheers,
Yogesh.

Last edited by GTO : 1st April 2012 at 11:00. Reason: Removing image from quoted post
yogeshnagpal is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks