Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 20th April 2012, 10:38   #1
BHPian

T-Bhp membership approved the same day as the stickers arrived! 23.2.12

Hello Everyone,

I’ve been meaning to introduce myself since a while now. My membership was approved about 2 months ago. I’ve been a silent spectator for about a year before finally trying to register. My membership got approved on my third attempt. Craziest coincidence was, my T-bhp stickers arrived the same day that I got the email saying my membership has been approved. I’d been waiting impatiently since my first attempt to get registered with T-Bhp. And it really felt great finally becoming a T-bhpian. There is really that WOW it finally happened feeling when you see your membership approval.I easily mangage to spend an hour here every day!

I’m Promit. I just about turned 19. I live in Gurgaon but find myself in Delhi almost every day for college or to hang with friends. I’m in my first year, studying B.Com( hons) at du. I’ve been driving for a year now. It’s a bit of an understatement when I say I’ve waited all my life to turn 18 just so I could get my license and drive and be independent and free and go wherever I want whenever I want. My first instances behind the wheel was when I was 16 in my Aveo. I more or less learnt how to drive on my own. I like to think I’m a natural. I’ve been obsessed with cars for as long as I can remember. In the form of hotweels and mattel track sets and remote control cars and the works. Then it moved on to the Need for speeds, Driver, Midnight Club titles, Gran Turismo 4 and 5 all the way till the GTA’s. Any game as long as it had something to do with cars! My uncle in america who’s been gifting me games for years now on the ps2 and ps3 is really amused that I only ask for car games. He’s hell bent on getting me into different genres. That’s how obsessed I am with cars. And that’s what we all have in common on this forum . I took up pcm in class 11 just so that I could take up auto engineering or mechanical engineering. Sadly, that didn’t quite work out so I switched to commerce midway.

My ride is a black santro. I manage to put down a 1000 kms a month. I love to drive,I would much rather take my car than take the metro. Edm,trance and house is pretty much all I listen to these days. Immediate plans for my car are to ICE it. And after my semester exams, I’m going to either do it up a bit or wait and replace it.The other cars at home are a Honda City and an Aveo.

About two weeks ago, I got shunted by a bus on the outer ring road near hauz khaas. Thankfully it was slow moving traffic. It was heartbreak for me. But, I heard from a friend you graduate and become wiser behind the wheel after your first incident. So I guess it’s all good.

Say, 4-5 years from now on I would love to see myself working with an automobile company. Or with some job around cars. But, that’s just wishful thinking. Fingers crossed. At some point hopefully.

This summer, I am thinking of doing an internship. Is it possible to work alongside a car company as an intern? Just to build up my cv and learn. Can anyone tell me some more or help out with getting an internship?

Someone wrote in a thread, that Bhpians down south are having much more fun than the ones in the north. That is probably true. You don’t get to see cars bearing t-bhp speakers in delhi-ncr all that much. So when you do see one, you get really excited!

Once again its great to be on T-Bhp and have the opportunity to interact with so many great car people. Thanks for reading!

Thanks a lot mods.

Drive Safe Guys!

Screen grab of my bb mailbox.I registered on 19th feb, and placed the order for the stickers on the same day. 20th the stickers were shipped. 23rd the stickers arrived and an hour later in the evening membership approved!!
T-Bhp membership approved the same day as the stickers arrived! 23.2.12-screen_20120420_091144.jpg

Snap i took after putting the sticker
T-Bhp membership approved the same day as the stickers arrived! 23.2.12-dsc01581.jpg
promit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th April 2012, 16:53   #2
BHPian

Re: T-Bhp membership approved the same day as the stickers arrived! 23.2.12

Hi Promit.

Welcome to T-BHP!

Good to read your post. I almost got a feeling of nostalgia going through your post. It reminded me of my younger days, not that I'm an old man now. I'm also a newbie here and your post reminded me to get my T-BHP merchandise ASAP.

We guys up north definitely need to inject more enthusiasm like the guys elsewhere. Hopefully, soon something shall materialize. In the meantime, have a blast and see around the forum.

Cheers!!
Old 21st April 2012, 14:31   #3
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by promit View Post
Craziest coincidence was, my T-bhp stickers arrived the same day that I got the email saying my membership has been approved.
Wasn't a coincidence, we PLANNED it

Okay, I'm kidding. Either ways, special things happen on this community, and I'm glad you had a special start!

You're lucky to have learned how to drive on an Aveo! Folks from our generation had to contend with Premier Padminis, Ambassadors & Maruti 800s. The first time I drove the 800, I thought it was all the car I'd ever need. She felt that good after the Padmini.

Quote:
Is it possible to work alongside a car company as an intern?
Not impossible, but not easy either. Do be sure to search for the Nissan Brand Manager program on Team-BHP.

Welcome aboard and look forward to some interesting discussions & debates with you. Drive safe.
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st April 2012, 17:20   #4
BHPian

Hi Prohit,
Welcome to the greatest automobile family.
I can tell you that every 15th or 20th car in Bangalore has T-BHP stickers in it and you get really excited and proud when you see the stickers.
Have a great time here !
Old 21st April 2012, 22:40   #5
BHPian

Thanks alot for the warm welcome,GTO. It sure does mean alot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post

You're lucky to have learned how to drive on an Aveo!
Well not really. Our aveo was one of the initial batch of cars,we got it when it had launched. Come to think of it, its probably one of the worst cars I've driven. Its gearshift is horrible! Worse still, by the look of things it might be handed down to me real soon :( Thankfully the city more than makes up for it.

Quote:
Not impossible, but not easy either. Do be sure to search for the Nissan Brand Manager program on Team-BHP.
I did check it out just a while back. I think i missed the deadline to register my institution by a day. Probably next year if I'm elligible i guess.

Again, thanks alot . I am sure I'm going to have a great time here!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks