Team-BHP > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 20th April 2012, 17:08   #1
BHPian

Shucks, folks, I'm speechless!

Hi everyone,

I’m very happy to be included as a member of Team-Bhp (finally!). Let me take this opportunity to introduce myself.

My name is Bikram Singh and I live in New Delhi. I’m 40 years old (to moderators - a number that no longer helps. Trust me!). There were some very important topics related to Indian cars that were researched by me online and Team BHP proved to be a great source for the same. I’ve been going through the hard work done by others on the forum for the last 1 year and now have decided to do some myself. I am basically a bike guy, having owned RD350 in India and MotoGuzzi Daytona in Australia. The car scene in our house has been very utilitarian. M800 (automatic tranny) followed by a Zen (Auto tranny again), Accent (Manual) and Swift (Manual). It is now that we have been thinking of upgrading to Skoda Laura but the info on this forum has been able to ensure that the money (till now) has stayed in our account and not moved to Skoda’s. Let’s see Tomorrow’s another day! My interests include Reading, Reading, Reading, Listening to Music, Watching movies and TV Serials like Prison Break/24 etc. My passions include my wife, my kids and Comics (Yesssss Sir!).

I hope that I will make a useful addition to this already great community.

Rgds, Bikram
Cowardly Lion is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th April 2012, 19:49   #2
BHPian

Re: Shucks, folks, I'm speechless!

Is it just me or alot of us newbie's from delhi? Either ways really good to know, the delhi people are becoming more active and signing up.
Your most interesting ride to me was the M800 automatic. I never knew it came with an autobox. which year was this? I guess this must have been really really rare.
Skoda Laura is a brilliant car. The after sales horror stories have reduced drastically. But again, I'm sure you'd test drive a number of cars and there are a lot of things to consider before taking a decision. Good luck with that. Hope to see a what car thread soon!
Another thing i saw in your post, was the tv shows bit.I was hooked to prison break at one point. Its one of the best shows which i have ever seen. All 4 seasons of it. Ive never really found anyone else who followed this show.
Welcome to T-bhp.
cheers
Old 20th April 2012, 19:49   #3
BHPian

Hi Bikram

From one noob to another "welcome on board".
Old 20th April 2012, 21:46   #4
Senior - BHPian

Welcome to the forum mate. It is very good to see that lots of people are joining from Delhi-NCR, You know we Delhi-NCR BHPians are minority on Team-BHP!
Old 20th April 2012, 21:50   #5
Team-BHP Support

Whoa, what a handle !

How long have you been married ?
Eddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st April 2012, 15:39   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by promit View Post
Is it just me or alot of us newbie's from delhi? Either ways really good to know, the delhi people are becoming more active and signing up.
Your most interesting ride to me was the M800 automatic. I never knew it came with an autobox. which year was this? I guess this must have been really really rare.
Skoda Laura is a brilliant car. The after sales horror stories have reduced drastically. But again, I'm sure you'd test drive a number of cars and there are a lot of things to consider before taking a decision. Good luck with that. Hope to see a what car thread soon!
Another thing i saw in your post, was the tv shows bit.I was hooked to prison break at one point. Its one of the best shows which i have ever seen. All 4 seasons of it. Ive never really found anyone else who followed this show.
Welcome to T-bhp.
cheers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Whoa, what a handle !

How long have you been married ?
1) The M800 was picked up in '87 and was part of a program where variations were offered by Maruti to people having some sort of disability thus disallowing them to drive a normal vehicle. We picked up a normal auto transmission for dad - problem with left leg on a/c of polio.
Similar story with Zen '97. Both were direct imports from Japan and both auto's are working superbly even today. Not even a penny spent on the auto transmission, except on the transmission oil.

2) You are right about Skoda Laura. I'm going through all the material and speaking to some owners. Let's see how the cookie crumbles eventually.

3) Wasn't Prison Break something else! My wife and myself used to wait for the complete season to finish in the US and then on a weekend would go through a Prison Break marathon. Did the same with 24 too. These days it is "Fringe"...

4)The handle's been lifted from "Alice in wonderland" (Reading the same to my daughter these days). One of my favorite characters therein. Been married for 6 years but have known her for a pretty long time.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed