Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 22nd April 2012, 14:08   #1
BHPian

Lawyer Ahoy!

Hello people!!

It has been quite a while I have been a passive member of Team-BHP. About time I went active I think. All this while I have been constantly soaking up the wealth of knowledge that has been shared on the forum. Have to say that the experience all this while has taught me a lot of things.

Well, let me put forth a short intro.

My name is Arun and I am a corporate lawyer based out of Mumbai. I hail originally from Calicut, Kerala. My father being a PSU officer, I have grown up around the country among the many transfers he has had. It has been a very enriching experience all this while and now for the last two years I have been living in possibly the most bustling and lively city in India. My interests in all things automotive was aroused at a very young age and have been an enthusiast since. Wanted to become an automotive engineer but the irony of it all, found that I was quite pathetic at maths. So there went that dream but not my enjoyment of all things auto.

I have also been an avid biker, though haven’t had much of an opportunity since I was forced to lie low with a back problem. Hopefully one day I will be back in the saddle...

I presently own a Honda Civic and am in the process of ICEing it. needless to say the forum has been my starting point for the research. Having had the benefits of being a member all this while, now it’s about time that I also stated sharing and not just absorbing.

Delighted to be a part of this community and hope to have some great interactions.

Cheers folks!
Arun Venugopal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2012, 15:43   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Lawyer Ahoy!

Welcome Arun Venugopal to this land of all things automotive! Here's wishing you a great time in Team-BHP! Do you drive down from Mumbai to visit your hometown? A couple of my friends did so last year and I understand it is a nice drive - and a Civic would make light work of it.
Old 22nd April 2012, 16:03   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilful View Post
Welcome Arun Venugopal to this land of all things automotive! Here's wishing you a great time in Team-BHP! Do you drive down from Mumbai to visit your hometown? A couple of my friends did so last year and I understand it is a nice drive - and a Civic would make light work of it.
Hey Wilful! Many thanks for the kind words :-). Never drove the long route yet. Am actually planning a drive next week. I see you had done this route. Would be real great if you could share your experiences. My car is presently in Calicut so will be going down to bring it back to Mumbai. I am considering the routes and timings that will be most suitable.
Old 22nd April 2012, 18:34   #4
Senior - BHPian

Arun - you misunderstood me. I did not do the route. A couple of friends did the trip. My wife's uncle and family also drove down some months ago in their Indigo.
Old 22nd April 2012, 18:46   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilful View Post
Arun - you misunderstood me. I did not do the route. A couple of friends did the trip. My wife's uncle and family also drove down some months ago in their Indigo.
Oops! Sorry my bad. If you could help with with any pointers your friends/relatives mentioned, that would be good too.
Old 14th May 2012, 06:50   #6
Senior - BHPian

Welcome Arun to the forum..hopefully you can help with us in the n number of law queries we have here

Where in Calicut? I spend majority of my teenage and early youth in that wonderful city.

I've driven the konkan route (NH17) few years back in a bullet, but wont advice you that route if you are in a hurry. Plan a leisurely drive, and I sure you will enjoy the konkan route. Start early morning (4 AM or so) from CLT so that you cross Kasargod before heavy traffic.
I dont know the current road coniditions of NH17
Old 14th May 2012, 19:08   #7
BHPian

Hi! Arun, even I had been a passive surfer to this forum for the last 2 yrs before actually getting to be a member. Welcome aboard and have a great time.
And yes do remember to capture some good snaps on your way back from Calicut to Mumbai. It will definetely make an interesting drivelogue in this season.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks