Team-BHP > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 26th April 2012, 13:01   #1
BHPian

"Pyaar mera Patialavi" - Another Punjabi on board.

Hello everyone,

Thank you moderators for approving my membership.

I am Nalin Singla, 29 years old, software professional. I am from Patiala, Punjab; but my job has kept me away from home and has taken me to various places, for which i am sometimes thankful sometimes not so.

I am married and currently staying in Chennai since 2006, with on and off trips to US and Canada.

I am a passionate biker, having owned Bajaj Pulsar 180 classic, Pulsar 150 gen 2, Bajaj Avenger 200 and Yamaha R15 v1.0.
My passion for riding bikes has been put on back burner for now due to recent lower back problems which forced me to sell off my R15 and stick to cars.
But i am slowly getting back in shape, focusing to strengthen my back and hit the road again, on two wheels.

I wish to own a FZ1 and a Monster someday.

My family is full of car lovers. Every car in our family is treated like a family member. Due to high numbers clocked on ODO, all the cars in my family are oilburners.
My father , though doesnt drive himself, has passion of owning the latest launches in market. He has already booked Ertiga ZDI to replace our 2 years old Figo TCDI which has 60k on ODO.

I am an exception, i drive a petrol, that too a Skoda. Yes, i drive a Laura TSI and absolutely in love with the machine. Mine is probably the one and only Punjab registered Laura in whole Tamil Nadu.

Other cars in our garage are Ford Figo TCDI and Ritz Vdi.

I love long drives. And have been to almost every tourist place in Tamil Nadu and Karnataka.
I recently did Chennai - Patiala roadtrip along with my brother in 2 and half days in my Laura.

Thrilled to be part of this community. Cheers!!

p.s.- I have been spotted a numerous times due to LTD on my bumper but could not acknowledge online as i was not a member. This was my ride at Ford DSFL program held at Chennai in Oct,2011. (2nd pic - TSI)
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...ml#post2555255
DexterMorgan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2012, 15:38   #2
BHPian

Re: "Pyaar mera Patialavi" - Another Punjabi on board.

Hi Nalin, Let me be the first to welcome you to this forum. I too am from patiala. Not many patialvis on T-Bhp. Looking forward to valuable contributions to the Bhp community from you.
D4d-maniac is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2012, 19:39   #3
Senior - BHPian

Welcome from Bathinda and India, i know man yours may be only Punjab registered Laura, i some times fail to understand why do people need to change the numbers specially when in south. there are always ways to no to do it.
Old 26th April 2012, 20:06   #4
BHPian

Welcome to the community Nalin. Besides love for automobiles, we have two things in common:

a) Patiala connection: Our ancestral town is Patiala but I haven't ever stayed there despite the family house still being there. But Punjabi connection remains, having grown up in Chandigarh
b) Laura TSI: I drive one in White and love it!

Cheers!
Old 26th April 2012, 21:35   #5
BHPian

welcome to the forum!

a punjabi in chennai - quite an experience.

i am from jalandhar and have stayed in Hyderabad for few months - never ventured towards chennai though.
Old 27th April 2012, 07:54   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by D4d-maniac View Post
Hi Nalin, Let me be the first to welcome you to this forum. I too am from patiala. Not many patialvis on T-Bhp. Looking forward to valuable contributions to the Bhp community from you.
Thank you!! Looking forward to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by desideep View Post
Welcome from Bathinda and India, i know man yours may be only Punjab registered Laura, i some times fail to understand why do people need to change the numbers specially when in south. there are always ways to no to do it.
I know, i just felt the sense of loosing my identity if i change my number. People are actually amused at me driving an out of state vehicle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodred View Post
Welcome to the community Nalin. Besides love for automobiles, we have two things in common:

a) Patiala connection: Our ancestral town is Patiala but I haven't ever stayed there despite the family house still being there. But Punjabi connection remains, having grown up in Chandigarh
b) Laura TSI: I drive one in White and love it!

Cheers!
Thanks for the warm welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by infotech58 View Post
welcome to the forum!

a punjabi in chennai - quite an experience.

i am from jalandhar and have stayed in Hyderabad for few months - never ventured towards chennai though.
Tell me about it, my friends ask me for the survival guide. And believe me, it has been a challenge for me and my family. Infact, there is a thread on traffic and life on the road in Chennai. Might give you an idea.
DexterMorgan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th April 2012, 09:11   #7
Team-BHP Support

Welcome aboard.
I also stayed quite a few years in patiala, and studied in YPS.
DBHPIAN amitoj is also from Patiala.,
tsk1979 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th April 2012, 11:26   #8
BHPian

Aah yes , another Patialavi onboard . Welcome Dexter . I am from Patiala as well .
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Welcome aboard.
I also stayed quite a few years in patiala, and studied in YPS.
DBHPIAN amitoj is also from Patiala.,
Oh boy . Never knew about your Patiala connection tsk . I did my schooling from YPS as well . In fact , i studied there since the very beginning(prep) till 12th grade . Good to hear from you guys .

Last edited by DSC.CUSTOMS : 29th April 2012 at 11:28.
Old 29th April 2012, 12:33   #9
BHPian

I too have a YPS connection.
Although not as much as you DSC. I was enrolled there for 8 years.
D4d-maniac is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed