Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 17th May 2012, 11:01   #1
BHPian

Punch me in the face and call me a BHPian

Dear Friends,

If you are wondering why I chose that subject line for the introduction, that's because I still can't believe I'm a proud member of a reputed forum. Thanks for admitting me in.

I was admitted a few days ago, but I don't know why I delayed visiting this site again. My logical mind says "you were not well, add to that a dental problem, you'll lose interest in everything". My psychological mind says "huh.. that's because you got what you wanted. It's natural that you are not eager anymore". I wanted to prove it wrong and here I am.

As for the nick name, thanks to our honorable SC. Figures, right? For you, I can be addressed as DmC. Sounds cool than my real name too.

I'm from TN, but making my bread and butter in beautiful Bangalore. So, you can pretty much assume I'll be traveling within these two states most of the time.

I won't call myself a motor head (after seeing threads from experts) but I'm a common man who admires this community with awe. However, I cannot ignore the fact that I fall for cars ever since I remember. I used to ask my dad to get me a car toy every time we went shopping. But he rejects saying "pick something else". Only when I prove something in the exams, I get to get what I wanted. That explains why I had less number of car toys. By the way, those were the days when we had a bicycle at home.

By the time I was about to move to college, my dad was thinking about getting a bike (Hero Honda CD 100 SS). I immediately jumped into the discussion (not that I was invited) and asked him to get an Yamaha RX 100. You would have guessed the outcome.

Dad: "Get distinction this year's exams and I'll get you RX100"

Me: "I heard 100SS is an excellent bike. I'm sure I would love it"

End of topic. But I admit I loved 100SS and it was loyal for more than 10 years before we sold it out.

Only when I fought my way through studies and choose "System Administration" as my career, I started thinking about getting my own car. Dad's happy anyway that I got a job.

So, my first car being a Hyundai Getz 1.1 Prime, a dear friend of mine, served me for more than 3 years. I still own it but gave it to my dad for his use.

And boy oh boy, didn't I make the right choice again to go for Skoda Rapid Elegance TDI. I've been using it for 3 months now and I love every moment of it.

My other areas of interest includes movies and books.

Oh, by the way, how I came across Team-BHP? Accidentally stumbled upon the 'accidents in India' thread a while ago. I took my time going through the complete thread ignoring comments from my wife "it's gross". Again my logical mind said "i want to learn from other's experiences" and the psychological duly opposed saying "it's just the dark side of humans which creates this interest and it's perfectly normal too". Whatever, I'm glad I came across Team-BHP and meet all you all in one forum and I hope I would add some value to the community.

My first contribution would be the infamous sun film topic. How i suffered and settled in removing the sun films from my dear Rapid. Watch out for it.

Punch me...
drivingme.crazy is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 17th May 2012, 11:40   #2
BHPian

Re: Punch me in the face and call me a BHPian

Hello DmC! Welcome aboard! I am sure you will love every bit of your time on this portal.
Old 17th May 2012, 13:57   #3
BHPian

Congratulations DmC - for joining this forum and promising a thread.

Skoda Rapid - indeed a great choice. Am sure you will continue the honeymoon period for long. Do share your experience on the vehicle in the existing ownership thread.

The fan following is increasing for Skoda - just that their sales figure need some magic soon !.
Old 17th May 2012, 14:01   #4
Senior - BHPian

Welcome DMC, to the forum, what got my attention here is your, thread title, great title and nice intro, and great rides there too, rapid is an excellent sedan, great choice there. Do post a review of the same .

Wish you a wonderful stay here, do read rules and regulations section before posting, enjoy

Cheers
Sameer

Last edited by sameerg001 : 17th May 2012 at 14:03.
Old 17th May 2012, 14:09   #5
F50
Senior - BHPian

Welcome D\m/C (cool right?)

Enjoy your stay at the forum.

Please go through all the rules and announcement of the forum or else ... you'll labelled as

drivingmods.crazy

Post On!

Cheers
Old 17th May 2012, 14:29   #6
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Man, you really have a flair for writing. Your introductory note had me in splits

Welcome aboard, it's great to have you with us, DmC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drivingme.crazy View Post
my dad was thinking about getting a bike (Hero Honda CD 100 SS).
Quote:
a Hyundai Getz 1.1 Prime...but gave it to my dad for his use.
Sounds more like "Dad, here's a BIG car powered by a PUNY engine. Now you'll know what I felt like on the CD100 SS"

Hope to exchange some posts with you over on an interesting discussion. Drive safe.
Old 17th May 2012, 14:46   #7
BHPian

Welcome aboard DmC.
Nice write up!
Old 17th May 2012, 16:13   #8
BHPian

Dmc,

Welcome to the forum !

My story is almost the same , but for the different bikes and car. I graduated from an TVS XL 100 > HERHONDA CD100 > CARS ! - By God's grace .

My dad had said, ride well son ! it gives a minimum of 80kmpl per litre. I still remember these words in the evening i picked the CD 100.

See you around !
Old 17th May 2012, 19:28   #9
Distinguished - BHPian

Consider yourself punched

DmC, you have put yourself in an unenviable position now. With this sort of intro, you are going to have to live up to this benchmark everytime you start a thread!

Welcome to Team-BHP and look forward to seeing a lot of participation from you.
Old 18th May 2012, 10:22   #10
Distinguished - BHPian

Name:  BBP2.gif
Views: 783
Size:  9.6 KB

Welcome!

Love that bit," just get the cd100, god knows about distinction."
Bird in hand?
Old 18th May 2012, 11:01   #11
BHPian

Punched !
welcome DmC . Me too new to this wonderful forum,enjoying and gaining every day out of it.
Have a great stay here.
Old 18th May 2012, 17:43   #12
BHPian

Dear Punchers,

Thanks for the warm welcome. I've ice packs all around my face now. If only I had more punchers, I could save couple of thousands of bucks in removing my troubling tooth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by F50 View Post
Welcome D\m/C (cool right?)
Great use of the keypad, F50. Love the visual punch with the \m/.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Sounds more like "Dad, here's a BIG car powered by a PUNY engine. Now you'll know what I felt like on the CD100 SS"
Good one, GTO. I was thinking more like, "Too bad, Dad. Couldn't set you goals to give the car".

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
DmC, you have put yourself in an unenviable position now. With this sort of intro, you are going to have to live up to this benchmark everytime you start a thread!
I'll try noopster. That's the problem with setting expectations. Truth is, this forum gives me absolute pleasure. I should return the favour with my threads. Hope it does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
Attachment 928524Love that bit," just get the cd100, god knows about distinction."
Bird in hand?
Lol! You got me.
Old 25th May 2012, 14:46   #13
BHPian

welcome aboard and have a memorable stay here
Old 25th May 2012, 20:22   #14
BHPian

Nice intro man! Welcome
Closed Thread

Most Viewed