Team-BHP > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 21st June 2012, 20:27   #1
BHPian

Hi All

Hello All,

I am new here. I own a Royal Enfield Thunderbird and a Maruti Swift Diesel.
Planning to change my car shortly so will be reading a lot and will eventually start a thread on that.

It feels good to be here.

I am 30+ and a work for a Bank. When I am on my bike or in my car with my pedal to the floor, I am 18.

Last edited by Pedaltothefloor : 21st June 2012 at 20:47.
Old 22nd June 2012, 11:36   #2
BHPian

Re: Hi All

This is getting exciting with every passing minute. I have given my bike for service and I always wanted to discuss possible mods here but wasn't a member so just kept reading. Now I am allowed to post! This is incredible.
Old 23rd June 2012, 10:48   #3
BHPian

The day has finally come. I am going for a test drive of the 2012 models of several diesel hatchbacks today to replace my Swift. Heading out to try i20, Punto 90 HP, Figo, Fabia, Polo and Micra. Hope to complete it by today so I can make the booking by Monday. I will start a thread once I decide what am I going with.
Old 23rd June 2012, 12:27   #4
Senior - BHPian

Welcome to the wonderful forum, wish you a pleasant stay here.

You're replacing swift with another same segment hatchback ?, if you're looking for a upgrade, i suggest you to move a segment up and look at vento, rapid etc.

Looking forward to your thread

Cheers,
Sameer
Old 26th June 2012, 10:39   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

Hi pedaltothefloor, welcome to Team-BHP and looking forward to many contributions from your side.

Please read our rules carefully before posting. For example, we frown on back-to-back posts here. Since it is your intro thread, am letting those stand, though

I agree with sameerg001 though- why replace a Swift diesel with another car- in fact why replace it at all?
Old 26th June 2012, 14:03   #6
BHPian

Thanks and Sorry about that, I will exercise caution and will abide by the rules.
The Swift has clocked over 60K Km and it's about time for it to go. I don't want a big car loan so the new car will be funded from the sale proceeds of the Swift + a small loan.

This weekend I managed to TD the Fabia, i20, Micra and Punto. After much thought, booked the Punto. Hoping my customer experience will be limited to Fiat as Tata and Fiat have decided to go separate ways. Once I get the car, will start an ownership thread.
Old 26th June 2012, 14:27   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedaltothefloor View Post
Thanks and Sorry about that, I will exercise caution and will abide by the rules.
The Swift has clocked over 60K Km and it's about time for it to go. I don't want a big car loan so the new car will be funded from the sale proceeds of the Swift + a small loan.

This weekend I managed to TD the Fabia, i20, Micra and Punto. After much thought, booked the Punto. Hoping my customer experience will be limited to Fiat as Tata and Fiat have decided to go separate ways. Once I get the car, will start an ownership thread.
Great choice of car there

I am sure you'll love every bit of her, Congratulations on the car. BTW which variant of punto ?

Wish you a wonderful ( hopefully ) dealership experience ahead

Drive safe.

Cheers,
Sameer
sameerg001 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2012, 17:15   #8
BHPian

hi and welcome aboard. its quite common to turn 18 or even below when you are driving and see others zoom past
Alfa Romeo is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed