Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd July 2012, 00:41   #1
BHPian

Great to be part of the TEAM

Hi all T-BHPians and thanks to the moderators for letting me in.
For all those wondering how this guy decided upon CAPTAIN REX, here goes - I work in the Merchant Navy and am a Captain, sailing on container ships with a Singapore based company. REX was my nick name while in school and that name is still stuck to me.
I am from Kanhangad, in Kerala State.
I was always facinated in cars and bikes and had been following T-BHP for quite a long time.
My first attempt to join T-BHP sometime last year was rejected. Neither lost hope nor stopped from going through T-BHP, even though being rejected frusterated me.
I presently have a Volswagen Vento HL Diesel and an Avenger 200. The wife uses an automatic Hyundai I10 Asta.
I love driving and do a lot of driving. I do not prefer travelling by trains or buses and always try to drive to which ever place I have to go. Travelling to anywhere in Kerala, Karnataka, Goa, Tamil Nadu and Andhra Pradesh has been either by car or on a bike. For the rest of the country, have been forced to use trains or flights.
I learnt driving while I was 13 or 14 years old on my dad's VW beetle, while we were abroad, and since then have been driving.
My first car which I bought when I started earning was a Maruti 800, in 1996. Since then I owned a Ford Ikon 1.3, Wagon R and a Chevrolet Aveo 1.6LT before settling with the Vento.
For the past 2 years have been facinated by the Mahindra Thar and I am waiting for the day when Mahindra does some modification to the interiors and make it more pleasing to the eyes. Till then I shall keep waiting and watching.
Happy and safe driving/riding to all T-BHP friends.
Old 2nd July 2012, 13:01   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Great to be part of the TEAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAPTAIN REX View Post
Hi all T-BHPians and thanks to the moderators for letting me in.
For all those wondering how this guy decided upon CAPTAIN REX, here goes - I work in the Merchant Navy and am a Captain, sailing on container ships with a Singapore based company. REX was my nick name while in school and that name is still stuck to me.
I am from Kanhangad, in Kerala State.
Hello Captain,

Good to see you on board. There are few sailors out here in tbhp and am sure you will get to know more about them and tbhp during your stay.

BTW, I too drive a Vento but my daily car is a Swift. Post your ownership experience with the pictures.

Enjoy your ride here.

Cheers
Naveen
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks