Team-BHP > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 19th July 2012, 20:24   #1
NMS
BHPian

Glad to be Here!!

Hi,
Would like to first thank the "Team" for letting me be a part of this honoured community. I am Nikhil Singh, an IT Security Professional based in Pune.

The love for cars dates back to the first time I ever noticed a Maruti Gypsy, or maybe the time I first sat in my dad's Ambassador, learnt driving a very long time after that, during my college days. And Boy, driving my friends M 800 was such a pleasure, and then honed my skills on Dad's Santro

My first car was an immaculately maintained (pre-worshipped) Chevy Optra. Black in color with looks to die for !! This was the first time I was trying to buy a car, the only basis of buying was the looks and the budget. Yes I bought the longest car in my budget.
Reality stuck when I drove my brother in law's Ford Ikon 1.6. My car felt much smoother and better.
The love for the technicalities kicked in starting with CC and BHP. As most of us started !! The be all and end all of car choice were these two criteria, and luckily I had a Rocket to go with it.
Life moved on, I got married, and my Chevy had to give way to the Fabulous Fabia that I own now. (I went with it despite all the horror stories I read about it on the forum). 2 years and 40000 Kms later the car has been a gem.

Have also have the privilege of owning one of my dream bikes.. The Royal Enfield (1994 Std). Also drove a Karizma and a Bajaj Caliber apart from my dad's Bajaj super and Kinetic Luna on which as a kid I stole rides when the elders weren't around.
I was introduced to Team-BHP by one of my managers, and since then there has been no looking back. Though I always loved automobiles, its only through this forum that I have learnt so much.
Once again, thanks for having me here, the excitement is similar to the first time I drove my own car !!
Old 19th July 2012, 22:34   #2

Re: Glad to be Here!!

Hello NMS,

Welcome to the forum. Please post some pics of your Royal Enfield (1994 Std). Enough of clasics now a days on the roads without any DHUK - DHUK (no offense please) . Even I find my 2004 Machismo (worst model) better sometimes now when I ride the classic one.

Welcome again, keep posting/sharing the experiences.
Old 20th July 2012, 08:54   #3
NMS
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypswift View Post
Hello NMS,

Welcome to the forum. Please post some pics of your Royal Enfield (1994 Std). Enough of clasics now a days on the roads without any DHUK - DHUK (no offense please) . Even I find my 2004 Machismo (worst model) better sometimes now when I ride the classic one.

Welcome again, keep posting/sharing the experiences.
Thanks Gypswift, I will try and post the pictures of my oldie soon Yes there are so many classics on the roads these days that the classic isnt a classic anymore !!
Old 20th July 2012, 11:14   #4

To be honest, RE has ruined the bullet feeling. Try classic and you will come to know what I am saying.
Old 20th July 2012, 19:47   #5
NMS
BHPian

+1 to that on the engine and thump bit mate!! The looks are quite neat though !! Love the desert storm that they have and the Army green bullet that they are not launching here in India :(
Closed Thread

Most Viewed