Team-BHP > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 31st July 2012, 00:10   #1

Gentlemen.. Greetings to one and all.

Hello everybody! This is my very first post, and I m honoured indeed to be a part of the esteemed 'TEAM BHP'.
My most sincere thanks go out to the moderators, for approving my membership. Thank you moderators, once again.
Ever since I came across TEAM BHP while surfing the internet, I wanted to be a part of this so wonderful community. And the day finally arrived when I got the email 'TEAM BHP membership APPROVED !
A brief introduction about myself-
I am a Dentist, residing and practising in Delhi. I am married, my better half is also a dentist. I have been passionate about cars, bikes and SUVs, ever since i was a child. I always make a sincere attempt to keep up pace with the rapidly advancing automobile industry, and make it a point to go and take test drives of newly launched vehicles. I do wish to share whatever little knowledge i have about automobiles with all the members and guests of this community.
My other interests include-
Rock - psychedelic- THE PINK FLOYD. I am a DIE HARD fan of the group. (My better half does not approve the same!!)
Electronics - Sound systems, speakers, amplifiers. Of course, to listen to PINK FLOYD!
My Garage- A humble garage comprising of Maruti Wagon R, and Hero Honda Karizma. Waiting for my Maruti Ertiga ZDI (Thanks to TEAM BHP for helping me decide).
Once again, thank you moderators for making me a part of TEAM BHP. I do hope I make myself useful to all the members and guests.
Greetings to one and all, once again.
Old 31st July 2012, 17:16   #2
Zed
BHPian

Re: Gentlemen.. Greetings to one and all.

Welcome to the forum Doc.
From one floyd fan to another - wasn't it apt that eclipse was the background score at the opening ceremony of the London olympics when the fireworks reached their crescendo ? I was secretly hoping for the at least one (if not all) of the surviving trio to pop up from behind the props at some point in the proceedings. But I guess Sir McCartney was a better fit for an event that allegedly symbolizes universal brotherhood and peaceful co-existence!

Congrats on the Ertiga. I know how it feels to wait for your car of choice to be delivered having recently waited 4 months to get my ride. Im sure when you finally get to drive away from the showroom the wait will certainly seem worthwhile.
Zed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2012, 18:00   #3
BHPian

Hello Doc. Welcome to the Forum. Congrats on the Ertiga which is to be delivered. Wish you happy miles of safe motoring.
Maxwell Arthur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2012, 23:04   #4

@ Zed- Thank you for the welcome Zed. Indeed the olympics could not have opened in a better way. Just awesome, and the Pink Floyd 'Eclipse' did make it come alive in a way that nothing else could. A perfect song for the perfect occasion, beyond doubts, it speaks for itself.
@ Maxwell Arthur- Thank you for the welcome and your good wishes Maxwell. Wish the same to you too.
Old 31st July 2012, 23:58   #5
Senior - BHPian

Hi Dr. PK,

Welcome to this wonderful forum. You will enjoy every moment spent here.

We both share three things in common i.e. Hero Honda Karizma, Maruti WagonR and Saadi Dilli!

Looking forward to meeting you and other NCR BHPians in future Delhi/NCR Team-BHP meets!
bluevolt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2012, 00:54   #6
Team-BHP Support

That's interesting! I'm quite the Floyd fan myself and really cherish all their older albums. Piper At The Gates Of Dawn, Ummangumma, Atom Heart Mother, Meddle, Animals, The Dark Side.. are some of my favourite albums.

What else do you listen to?

Here are some relevant threads that might help you get started:

- https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shift...e-driving.html (Your favourite song while driving)

- https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shift...al-thread.html

Oh, and here is another thread that you might find interesting:

- https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shift...ultations.html

Congratulations on your latest acquisition and welcome to the forum! Feel free to approach the moderators for any queries, if you have any after reading the Announcements thoroughly.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 1st August 2012 at 00:56.
suhaas307 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2012, 16:33   #7
Senior - BHPian

Hi, Doc,

Most welcome to this wonderful forum. Hope you enjoy every moment of your stay in the forum.

Congratulations in advance for your Ertiga Zdi. Hope we will soon get an ownership thread with pics of the Ertiga.
Sommos is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2012, 19:33   #8
BHPian

Welcome Doc and congrats on Ertiga ZDI.

So we can expect x% discount at your clinic

And do not drive with your initials "PK"
sam003 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2012, 12:20   #9

@bluevolt - Hello bluevolt, and thank you for your greetings. looking forward to meet you too at team bhp delhi meet
@ suhaas307 - Hello Suhaas. Nice to know that you are also a Floyd fan. As you correctly stated, the initial albums of Pink Floyd are the ones which represent the group wery well. I also listen to other rock groups- metallica, g'n'r, scorpions, nirvana, etc. but i have a particular liking for 'U2' (led by lead singer Bono). May i suggest you to listen to 'Obscured by clouds' album by Pink Floyd, although i am sure that a Floyd fan of your calibre must have already heard it. it is one of my favourites. I also note that you are from Bangalore. A beautiful city, i must say, with very nice people. I have done my postgraduation from M.S Ramaiah, Bangalore. Was there for three years, stayed in sanjay nagar. Thank you for the links, will definitely follow them.
@Sommos - Hello Sommos. thank you for your greetings
@sam003 - Hello sam003. thank you for your greetings. of course you will get the discount, and as far as 'PK' is concerened- i am a strict teetotaler !
Closed Thread

Most Viewed