Team-BHP > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 21st April 2006, 23:55   #1
BHPian

Hi Folks

Hey People,
Been a part of this team from the start of this year. Was introduced to it by an old friend of mine who is a member of this site, when she found out that I am following my dreams. Always been facinated by automobiles, I remember doodling sketches in my rough book back at school Bishop Cottons Boys School, Bangalore where I am from. have lived my childhood in Zambia before that for a while and travelled to/through 12 countries and become perhaps a better person because for it. I was in the Multimedia and Concent development field in an intresting area - aerospace and defence - love aircraft too.

Always dreamt of designing cars and was told to dream elsewhere. Well, I kept my dream alive and God showed my a way. I honestly do believe in spirituality you see - exposed to and exploring it the way I had and have been - it makes so much sense. Quit my Job last at Tata Elxsi and here I am at Coventry University, Coventry UK doing my second masters, M.A. in Automotive Design which finishes this December 2006. Aiming at being one of the top stylists in the world and want to also create an Indian Identity in automotive styling. It is a privilege to be born an Indian I feel. Dunno where i'll go next - but intend to bring back the best value for our fledgling auto industry.

So hi there folks, feels good to be here...

Warm wishes

R.K.Ramesh

Last edited by R.K.Ramesh : 21st April 2006 at 23:58.
Old 22nd April 2006, 07:31   #2
Team-BHP Support

Welcome to TBHP.
Nice to know that you've started doing what you always wanted.
Try to catch up with team members from Bangalore..when you're are here.
Old 22nd April 2006, 08:41   #3
Team-BHP Support

Welcome from another old Cottonian!
Old 22nd April 2006, 09:55   #4
BHPian

hi Ramesh welcome to team-bhp.
Old 22nd April 2006, 11:25   #5
Team-BHP Support

Welcome R. K. Ramesh!

Its good to read a real intro for a change!

How about showing us some of the work you have done at coventry over the last few years..... sketches/models etc?
And if you ever feel like putting up a thread on your experience studying automobile design i'm sure that would be a great resource for those who are interested in the same.

cya around,
R
Old 22nd April 2006, 15:40   #6
BHPian

Good to hear that there are ppl like you who follow their dreams, hope they come true and looking forward to seeing your work. best of luck mr.ramesh
Old 23rd April 2006, 04:01   #7
BHPian

Hey Guys,
thanks for the warm welcome. I certainly am looking forward to meeting you people whenever I come to India next after Dec 2006 Rudra- month not fixed. Great to meet another OC Ajmat. in response to Rehaan and Beeman, I be more than happy to share my experience. I know how frustrating it can be to pursue an auto styling programme if one is not made aware of the opportunities available. Dreams can and will come true if one has the attitude, perseverence and courage to follow them with action. No fairy tale - my personal experience so far. The need to be clear and have a time frame though for faster processing.

I had done an MSc. Engg programme (1 year) of Coventry University offered at M.S.Ramaiah School of Advanced Studies - Bangalore, but just joined the School of Art and Design here at Coventry last Oct 2005. So have been here for only 6 monhs now and still building up my portfolio. So will post sketches in due course when I feel they are good enough to post. Some others I can't as we are working on industry projects as a part of our programme right now and have therefore signed a confidentiality agreement with the company.

A good start for auto design aspirants is to take a peak at www.cardesignnews.com . Incidently Mr. Nick Hull an editorial contributor of this unique site happens to be our programme manager for the M.A. programme here at Coventry University. In my class of 15 there are people from UK of course, Australia, Korea, Taiwan, Japan, Italy, Checz and Poland - quite an international flavour. The B.A programme has a fair smattering of Indians though in various batches in each of the 3 year batches.

Having worked briefly at Tata Elxsi in the area of ALIAS Class A surfacing I can say that Indians like anyone else can certainly beat the best if they put their energies into it. It is just that many experience an initial disadvantage when it comes to international exposure, their confidence levels and maybe an unnecessarily disempowering awe of the western auto design scenario.

The programme is very demanding and schedules very tight, so dunno how regular i'll be in the discussion threads, will put in the effort where I can. Certainly looking forward to knowing and getting close to the Team bhp family. I'll be more than happy to share my experiences so far if they can even help even one person move ahead in life.

Be well and happy motoring folks...

Cheers!!!
Ramesh

Last edited by R.K.Ramesh : 23rd April 2006 at 04:18.
Old 23rd April 2006, 04:26   #8
BHPian

Thanks for your good wishes Beeman

Take care
Ramesh
Old 23rd April 2006, 14:35   #9
Bob
BHPian

hi R.K.Ramesh

welcome aboard.

wow !
what a determination !

The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams
:Eleanor Roosewelt

i wish i will sit in your design car.

wish you best of luck buddy.

thanx . . .BOB

Last edited by Bob : 23rd April 2006 at 14:37.
Old 23rd April 2006, 20:49   #10
BHPian

HI R.K Ramesh Good to have you on Team-bhp
Enjoy!
Old 26th April 2006, 19:24   #11
BHPian

Welcome to TBHP. Have a great stay...enjoy yourself.
Old 26th April 2006, 21:28   #12
Distinguished - BHPian

Hey bro,
welcome aboard and enjoy your stay here.
Cheers
Old 26th April 2006, 23:04   #13
bhp
BHPian

welcome to the familyyy...njoy ur stay
Old 27th April 2006, 00:30   #14
Senior - BHPian

Welcome Ramesh...Your post simply reflects your composure, passion and dedication to your work...beautiful! We wish you luck in your future endeavours, come out with flying colours and make India/blore/tbhp proud of you...

It wouldnt have been easy at all for you to be where you are today so encash it to the best of its possibilities...good luck.

Last edited by The Wolf : 27th April 2006 at 00:38.
Old 30th April 2006, 04:57   #15
BHPian

Hey All you guys
thanks again for your warm welcome. Especially Bob and the Wolf. With your encouraging words. It spurs me on to do my best thanks. Will post some of my work in the near future and also updates from what happenning here in the Auto Design world here.

Warm Regards
Ramesh
Closed Thread

Most Viewed