Team-BHP > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 29th August 2012, 20:33   #1
BHPian

Just another intro

“Those with Golf balls golf…
Those with Real Balls Race” If your car feels safe, you are not going fast enough!

Thus I begin my introduction with this quote I chanced upon in an online auto forum. I believe a lot of us would like this to be their bumper sticker; at the very least would dream to, before their better halves drummed some sense into their petrolheads. (I for sure would love to wear the above quote or a variant of the same as a badge of honor on my ride and someday I might, in a moment of weakness) Nevertheless, juvenile fantasies apart, cars have captured my imagination as long as I care to remember and as a kid, would eagerly wait for the father to return from his business trips loaded with a special cargo: scale model cars!

Growing up on a diet of Ambys and Padminis (with the latter being the closest to a sports car that we could come to during that day and age) I could only drool over the Mustangs and the Chargers in movies and imagine what could have been like an emaciated peasant behind the iron curtain. Nevertheless, wrestling with the tank like Amby at the age of 14 taught me to appreciate what came later in life: a princely M800, delivering me from the stone ages.

The M800 has since come a long (or some?) way and has morphed into a K10, which I currently navigate in the minefield that is Bangalore traffic, joining the drones of office workers, one among millions in a Tech major where I hem and haw through my 9 hours before being liberated again, only to be plunged back into the madness of homebound traffic. I’m a true blue weekend warrior (although the wife never tires of reminding me that I have crossed over to the thirties now, never mind if it’s the new twenties) and love to put my flighty little K10 through its paces on the highways and she is also the better for it, finally able to clear her lungs and let out a full, throaty growl. Finally able to escape into the wilderness, I don my escapist’s hat, clicking a few pics, penning a few lines and generally contemplate my fate, soul burning bright in defiance on a Sunday, aware of its inevitable subjugation on Monday.

On the subject of cars, I fancied myself in a Ford Classic (the erstwhile Fiesta) but truce was called at a K10 (budget, convenience etc) and I must say I have not been disappointed for what I think is the raison deatre for my car. As far as fantasies go, I could fancy myself behind the wheel of a Ford Mustang (*thumbing nose at the wife*)

I thank Team BHP for permitting me to put out this insufferable attempt at an introduction, this treasure trove of information was perhaps my only source of unbiased information as I battled glib dealers with tall promises. If I could produce the same dour reviews which aid a harried soul looking for his set of dream wheels, then I think my insignificant existence on this forum would not go unfulfilled.

P.S. The quote I started with is good only for laughs, drive safe cause as our highway signs will remind you: there’s someone waiting for you at home!

Last edited by Rehaan : 30th August 2012 at 12:32. Reason: Adding some para breaks.
Old 30th August 2012, 17:39   #2
BHPian

Re: Just another intro

Hey hothatchaway,
Nice intro there. Have a good stay here. :-)
Old 30th August 2012, 20:59   #3
BHPian

Re: Just another intro

Nice intro buddy. Welcome onboard fellow newbie! Your post script was a good one.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed