Team-BHP > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 29th August 2012, 23:13   #1
BHPian

Just another BHP-ian

Hi friends, I'm Surya. I am really happy to have joined Team-BHP at last. I was a Guest User for the past 5 years and have been gaining knowledge from Team-BHP which has made me all the more wiser. I tried joining in my formative days, but was not mature enough to enter this wonderful forum. Looking back now, I'm pretty sure that even if I had managed to join the forum in my college days, I would have made a mess of myself in front of the whole world.

And for that reason, I am very grateful to Team-BHP moderators. You gentlemen are really great in filtering out an uninformed wanna-be from a true enthusiast. Thankfully, I have matured to the extent over time that I am not rash or impulsive in my responses in a public forum. And trust me gentlemen, Team-BHP has played a pivotal role in this transformation of my attitude. I hereby just want to thank all the Team-BHP members as I have changed to this level by reading countless number of posts in various threads over 5 years, which has made me realize that one can put forward their point while being polite and courteous.

And now, a little about myself. I am all of 25 years old. I am currently working in Tata Motors - Engineering Research Center - Jamshedpur division. I work as a Vehicle Test Engineer, mainly doing physical outdoor testing of Prototype Heavy Commercial Vehicles for ensuring field performance and to meet the CMVR norms.

I am a CV nutter with a passion and uncanny interest in those big monsters. I love my job and hope to build upon that to form a long and high reaching career path. I drive Commercial Vehicles and also cars and motorcycles for personal and touring use. Apart from the automotive domain, I am interested in knowing about technological developments in aircraft industry, mobile phones and love food. I am a very big Foodie.

I first came across Team-BHP during a Google search 5 years ago. Have been hooked to it since then, for anything and everything automotive. In fact, my career path came into the Automotive Industry because of Team-BHP.

I currently own a 2002 Hyundai Santro Zip Plus, a 2009 pulsar 220 DTSi and a 2010 Suzuki Access. I currently use the Pulsar here in Jamshedpur. The scooter and the car are being used by my cousin in Chennai for certain logistical and practical reasons. Before this, I owned a 2003 TVS XL Super and my Dad had a 1987 Bajaj Cub 3-Speed scooter. We sold off those vehicles in the past because of my Dad's nature of job. I am planning to purchase a Fiat Linea T-Jet in the near future (as my username would suggest ). Have been vigorously saving up for it now. I have driven for about 50k kms in my car on the public roads and about 70k kms of riding on my motorcycle, scooter and moped put together.

I have also done some intermittent Beta Product testing for the likes of Hyundai Motor India Limited. I did a small dynamic performance benchmarking for them for a recently launched product (North American Car of the Year 2012) against the current crop of that segment cars sold in India. So, that's about my vehicle ownership and driving history in detail.

It might have been a "very long" first post; but for me, its 5 years of my thoughts, experiences and desires put down in one stroke. Will keep it short in the future. Am looking forward to a long and wonderful journey in life with Team-BHP.

Cheers and safe driving.
Surya-TJet is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2012, 00:15   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Just another BHP-ian

Welcome to the family Surya.
We'll definitely benefit from someone who is from automobile sector.
As regards T-Jet, I would like to know that whether it is a decision taken from mind or heart, and how much T-BHP contributed to this.
Old 30th August 2012, 07:17   #3
BHPian

Welcome Surya. I am too a newbie like you. Happy to see a person like you who's in the automotive industry. Let's have a great time here!
Old 30th August 2012, 08:18   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carwatcher View Post
Welcome to the family Surya.
We'll definitely benefit from someone who is from automobile sector.
As regards T-Jet, I would like to know that whether it is a decision taken from mind or heart, and how much T-BHP contributed to this.
Thank you for the warm welcome carwatcher. It was a decision taken from my heart. I have been ogling at and longing for the Linea since I first came across it in public roads around 5 years ago. And, when i googled Fiat Linea, I came across this wonderful forum for the first time. Have been hooked to both the car and the forum till date. But back then, I really didn't know about engine choices. Then sometime around Nov 2010, when i was browsing through Team-BHP I saw someone mention a turbocharged petrol engined Linea.

I immediately searched and read GTO's review of the T-Jet and was instantly hooked to it. So powerful were his expressions that I was hell bent on getting one for myself in the future. And, all the comments in the 63 pages in the Official test drive thread and the endless number of ownership threads on the T-Jet have further solidified this eagerness and yearning for the car. It is more of a painful anticipation now, looking at my bank balance every day; to just be able to get the amount ready. I'm just not able to save up as fast as I had hoped thanks to corporate policies, ever-increasing cost of living and a lot of personal commitments.

Looking forward to the day when I will drive a Linea T-Jet for the first time. Oh yes, I have not driven it even once till date. Because, the last time I test drove a vehicle (my 09 Pulsar 220), I did the TD 5 times over and over in 2 weeks and then went bought it outright. And, based on what i have read, I am sure that if I test drive one, I'll go mad craving for it every single day, till the day i own one. So, looking forward to another year of waiting and a "really really big bonus" in the coming year.
Old 30th August 2012, 09:40   #5
BHPian

Welcome Surya, if you have not already done so, can we expect an ownership review of the beautiful T-Jet monster you own, of course pics will add to the oomph and glamour!!! By the way how different is the T-Jet from the T-Jet plus? Wish you happy bhp'ing and safe driving.
Old 30th August 2012, 16:13   #6
Senior - BHPian

Hey Mate,

Welcome. I saw Prima in your avatar and guessed you to be with TATA and yes there you are. Welcome once again. Do share your experiences and we will learn from you about CV's. This forum has everything, pilots, space engineers, automotive experts, doctors, lawyers, IT guys, finance and marketing. Well you name a field and TBHP has a member from that field. So a right place to be for you to talk more about your passion. Drive safe.enjoy your stay.

Regards,
Alphakilo.
Old 30th August 2012, 20:01   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by udiboy View Post
Welcome Surya, if you have not already done so, can we expect an ownership review of the beautiful T-Jet monster you own, of course pics will add to the oomph and glamour!!! By the way how different is the T-Jet from the T-Jet plus? Wish you happy bhp'ing and safe driving.
Sorry to break the bad news udiboy, but I unfortunately do not own a T-Jet yet. Am planning for one in a year's time or so; but am already being informed by others that there are very few samples left. I can't afford one right now, so will have to take my chances once am financially stable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaKilo View Post
Hey Mate,

Welcome. I saw Prima in your avatar and guessed you to be with TATA and yes there you are. Welcome once again. Do share your experiences and we will learn from you about CV's. This forum has everything, pilots, space engineers, automotive experts, doctors, lawyers, IT guys, finance and marketing. Well you name a field and TBHP has a member from that field. So a right place to be for you to talk more about your passion. Drive safe.enjoy your stay.

Regards,
Alphakilo.
Thank you for the warm welcome AlphaKilo. I most certainly will share insensitive and non-confidential information as much as i can. I work in R&D and can't spill any beans; cause if found so, then i wouldn't be in TATA group for another 8 lifetimes. I will however share my driving experiences of HCVs with everyone in the commercial vehicle forum. I realized the variety in the Team-BHP family within a few weeks of guest browsing. Am glad to be a part of this family now. Will keep on motoring till I see the lights at the end of the tunnel that opens up the Pearly Gates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_Xtreme View Post
Welcome Surya. I am too a newbie like you. Happy to see a person like you who's in the automotive industry. Let's have a great time here!
Thanks for the welcome Chris. Looking forward to a great time here on Team-BHP.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed