Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th September 2012, 23:47   #1

Rebirth of a Petrolhead

Hi everyone, I am elated to be a part of this most distinguished car community of our country. I am 28 year old,from Kochi and work in Merchant Navy.Other than cars I love traveling.
I started visiting the forum a year back and was completely bowled over by
the quality and quantity of the information available.
I never envisaged that I would have to write my first post in this forum with a broken heart. I came to know about this forum when I was looking for some information about my "QUEEN".Since then I have been following almost all threads related to my car. Meanwhile I was also trying to get membership.All four attempts were futile and here the fifth time I turned lucky, but much to my dismay my "QUEEN" is not with me! YES I had to part ways with my car on the same day that I got the membership.Such a hard luck! I don't know what am I feeling right now,trying to pacify myself. I had no other way than to sell the car as I will be in UK for next 2 years and nobody in my home is interested in a petrol car.Now that I have to unveil my "QUEEN" here it goes "SHE WAS NONE OTHER THAN THE MOST LOVED SKODA LAURA 1.8TSI."
Now I believe most of you will be able to understand my predicament.
I handed over the vehicle today afternoon and came back home sullen.Since I
believe in Murphy I had this strong hunch that I would get my t bhp approval today. I opened the mail and as expected my application had been approved.
Just as the title says the petrolhead in me was dead in the afternoon which reincarnated in the evening.After writing this much I feel a bit relieved now, otherwise I would have certainly exploded.
Hope that I have not bored you people,if so please spare me this time and I swear I will do better next time.

Cars I have owned:
Maruti 800 std (1999-2003)
Tata Indigio GLS (2003-2008)
Maruti Baleno Lxi(2008-2010)
Skoda Laura 1.8 tsi Ambiente (2010-till today)
Maruti Ritz vdi (2011-present)

Since this is my first post I had to prepare and organize myself to avoid any infraction. I believe I have shown strict adherence to the forum rules and regulations.Thats all for now.HAPPY MOTORING.
Old 7th September 2012, 12:36   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Rebirth of a Petrolhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by sree83 View Post
YES I had to part ways with my car on the same day that I got the membership.Such a hard luck! I don't know what am I feeling right now,trying to pacify myself. I had no other way than to sell the car as I will be in UK for next 2 years and nobody in my home is interested in a petrol car.Now that I have to unveil my "QUEEN" here it goes "SHE WAS NONE OTHER THAN THE MOST LOVED SKODA LAURA 1.8TSI."
Welcome to Tbhp Sree and good to see yet another member from Cochin. Too bad you couldnt keep the Laura. Really love that car. Not to worry, you will definitely come over it.

Hope to meet you during the Cochin meet. Here's the link to the thread.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-b...cochin-77.html

Enjoy your stay here!

Cheers!
Naveen
Old 7th September 2012, 13:55   #3

Re: Rebirth of a Petrolhead

Thanks Naveen for your warm greetings.It seems I am gonna make more friends here than I have in my Fraternity.

Unfortunately I have a wedding to attend on 9th (unavoidable) at Palakkad. May be the next time I will turn lucky enough.Will be closely monitoring the pertinent thread.

Brgds
Sreekumar
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks