Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th September 2012, 11:27   #1

Hello to fellow BHPians,At last I am on the driving seat!!

Guys sorry for such a long introduction hope this gets through the moderator.

I still remember my first try to become a member of TBHP was somewhere around 2006 and the reason for my rejection was given as grammatical mistake. Rather than getting mad on the rejection I was mad on myself, How could I write such a bad English – eat up the words and try to finish of a 120 words sentence in mere 20 words.

Tried again sometime next year didn’t happen and I realized later I hadn’t read the prerequisites, it was me to be blamed not the Team BHP.
Then I thought lets give a gap and alas I got caught up in my job so much that I did not have a chance to try again and decided will comeback to India and then will give another shot.
Now I feel the luckiest guy on this planet – “I AM A PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM BHP”, I still can’t believe I am a team bhpian.

The entire week was a nervous one to me, It was more nervous than my exams or my job interviews. Only one thing was in mind will I make it in the Team BHP list? What if I get rejected again? Its been more than 6yrs I have been trying and I was not prepared for another rejection.

About Me:

I am an electrical & electronic engineer,33 yrs old but still 18 at heart, a software guy by profession; I have been in telecom industry since last 11 yrs and currently manage few projects in one of the IT firms.

My Possessions:

Childhood – My dad possessed this 1956 model original England made Royal Enfield and along with it stood the Willys, I spent my entire childhood admiring these two beasts and made sure the keys always stayed around my neck and dad had to request keys from me before leaving.

Saddest day of my life was sometime in Jan/Feb 1985. My dad was posted to Bangalore and I was happy my Bike and Jeep were too coming with me. But suddenly the SP(Superintendent of Police) comes to my dad and says sir I want to buy your vehicles, they are in really great condition and I am ready to give anything. He added you can always buy a new vehicle in Bangalore rather than carrying these two all the way there.

Dad comes to me requests for the key, explains me the vehicles have to be adjusted a bit in the 3Ton so need to move them. I give the keys and at the station I come to know my beloved bike and Willys are no longer going to be with me.
I cry for 3-4 days and leave food for a day and dad says will buy you a nice bike as soon as we reach Bangalore.

•The promise was not kept for some time as army always provides a vehicle to its officers and I too forgot the issue.
•Couple of years and dad buys this beautiful white Amby and totally forgot about the Willys. I spent maximum of my time after school in Amby, Dad drives me to various places and I fall in love with it.
•Dad gets posted to Sagar (MP) and the same thing gets repeated only difference was we drive all the way there and when we get back to Bangalore after 3 yrs one of a highly ranked police official buys my dads car. After this I start hating the police guys and have not yet come out of it.
College Days - Back to Bangalore no cars for next couple of years, then I decide to buy a bike for my engineering college, Bro and Sis sponsor and I buy this beautiful 1969 Bullet, and I am totally in love with it till date.
Professional Days- Days of Amby were gone, I see a Cielo and like the space in it, Mind it I am 6feet2inches and rarely fit into any car due to my build.
I sat in it and loved it, went crazy over the gadgets and told dad my first job will buy this car. Somehow managed to buy a second hand Cielo, drove all around Bangalore, had a trip to Goa,Mangalore & Mysore without any issue.
•4yrs was a long and costly possession (Will talk about it someday) and decided to buy the black beast with raw power and got myself a Baleno LXI. Brother is a pakka fauji and he told I want to go with TATA only and bought a diesel Indigo XL.
Those days being single enjoyed like hell in my beast drove all round – Mysore, Ananathpur,Makedaatu,Kerela,Mangalore,Nandihills, guys used to name a place and we were there on weekends. Touched speeds of 165 KM/Hr on the Bangalore-Hyderabad highway.
Current Ownership: Baleno, 800 ,Bullet. Baleno is now 7yrs old but still going great, looking at getting it checked in and out as it has crossed 80K. I have always dreamt of having a Pajero and Safari, some day I will fulfill my dreams.

Now a married guy with a kid have curbed all my excitement and Josh and try to be a good Husband, Father & Son.

I feel truly lucky and blessed to become a part of Team BHP. Once again Thank You all petrol heads for getting me onboard.

Keep Revving
VJ
Old 7th September 2012, 12:38   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hello to fellow BHPians,At last I am on the driving seat!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vijayant View Post
Keep Revving
VJ
Welcome aboard. Sure your name suggests your background is from the services. The mighty Vijayantha Tanks. Was your father by any chance in the Mechanised Infantry? The locations you mentioned all come together to be either Mech. Infantry or Sappers. Now that you have made your way in, its anymore drive safe for you. Enjoy your stay and share your experiences.

Regards,
AlphaKilo
Old 7th September 2012, 12:43   #3

Re: Hello to fellow BHPians,At last I am on the driving seat!!

Thanks AlphaKilo

Great observation, My dad comes from the Infantry 6 Royal Guards regiment & my Bro is in the Army Aviation corp
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks