Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 11th September 2012, 15:02   #1
BHPian

A Prodigious BHPian

So then, Salute to one and all BHPians

Well, i finally turned a BHPian a couple of days back. Had been aware of Team BHP since about a 2-3 years now, had gone through umpteen threads and posts on the forum that led me to feel the need to register myself as a member on the forum and contribute and take advice from all the members. Did try to register about an year ago but for some reason my registration request was turned down. Nonetheless, i continued to read through the forums unabated, and could no further hold my urge to be a member and decided to give it another shot about a week back & Here i am, finally a team BHPian now !!!

I am the quintessential Indian kid who was taught right from childhood to be either an Engineer or a Doctor, grew up learning that Doctor is not my cup of tea, so all my parents' efforts went into me being an Engineer and i somehow managed to clear the IIT-JEE and with my eternal interest in Automobiles, i ended up with Mechanincal Engineering from IIT Delhi (Delhi being my choice since i was born & Brought up in Delhi), 4 years in the IIT and to my dismay i learnt that Automobile Engineering was a very small portion of Mechanical Engineering

I went on to do my MBA from IIM-A and ended up with a "sarkaari naukri" in Delhi itself.

Since i was a sarkaari naukar, i found loads and loads of time to kill and from there-on i got addicted to Team-BHP & here i am today !!!

Have owned a whole lot of cars till date (ofcourse i add the cars that were owned by my dad too ).. ranging from the Premier Padmini to the Maruti 800 to Mahindra Scorpio & Skoda Octavia.

These days i drive around in either a Chevrolet Spark or a Chevrolet Optra along with a not-so-fondly driven Tata Manza.

My Interests include obviously cars, Reading a whole lot of books & Sleeping !!!

Well thats about it from me, Salute & regards to all Team-BHPians !!!

EDIT:Just to add, i crave for Muscle cars with my dream car being The Chevy Camaro & The LEGENDARY Shelby Mustang; not to mention the lil bit of Muscle we see on Indian Roads starting from Contessa to the current worlds Scorpio & the Sx4 !!

Last edited by Prodigyy : 11th September 2012 at 15:28.
Old 11th September 2012, 15:28   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: A Prodigious BHPian

welcome and nice to see someone from my alma mater (dont know if you would be a junior or a senior). I was 2001 passout (EE).

By the way if you meant to accost in French then it would be salut else never mind
Old 11th September 2012, 15:39   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post
welcome and nice to see someone from my alma mater (dont know if you would be a junior or a senior). I was 2001 passout (EE).

By the way if you meant to accost in French then it would be salut else never mind
I would be your junior if you are referring to IIT Delhi, i passed out in 2007.. was waiting for my 10th class results when you would have written your Final Year examinations !!

I was confused between Salut & Salute so i chose to go with the safer of the two options !!!
Old 11th September 2012, 16:48   #4
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigyy View Post
Mechanincal Engineering from IIT Delhi
Quote:
I went on to do my MBA from IIM-A
Quote:
a "sarkaari naukri"
Congratulations! You have quite the list of accomplishments and obviously have a brilliant mind. On a lighter note, your profile must be H-O-T on the marriage market

Quote:
These days i drive around in either a Chevrolet Spark or a Chevrolet Optra along with a not-so-fondly driven Tata Manza.
No driver's cars? Bet the spark is the most fun from this garage, although the Manza & Optra play their intended role well.

Quote:
not to mention the lil bit of Muscle we see on Indian Roads
Drool-time! Lots more on this thread

A Prodigious BHPian-2354.jpg
Old 11th September 2012, 17:01   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Congratulations! You have quite the list of accomplishments and obviously have a brilliant mind. On a lighter note, your profile must be H-O-T on the marriage market
Was a H-O-T property, now am taken !!

Quote:
No driver's cars? Bet the spark is the most fun from this garage, although the Manza & Optra play their intended role well.
Spot on; Spark is the most fun to drive here, though with my 6'4" frame and a 100+ weight to go along with it, people can't really think of sitting behind me in the Spark. Although the Spark is definitely a bane in Delhi traffic !!!

Optra though mesmerises me with its Superb torque (The Diesel Engine), Manza is definitely the least fun to drive i must say.

Quote:
Drool-time! Lots more on this thread
Oh My my my.... thanks a ton... make it a million tons for making me come across this one !!!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks