Search this Thread
Old 18th September 2012, 18:03   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hello from Akshay

Welcome to Tbhp Akshay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by salunke_akshay View Post
Recently I did two live projects.
Wow. Thats all I can say. I dont understand much of technical stuff, but it looks great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhar-v View Post
When Akshay joined us 1.5 years ago it was a big experiment for us. I did not known anything about Autism except reading a few articles. Seeing his skill at 3D modelling & general quiet determination we took him onboard for "work-therapy".
I hope we can have a demo some day? the bhpian lot in Pune are good company over breakfast, just keep an eye on the tapri meet thread. it would be great to meet up.

Last edited by noopster : 18th September 2012 at 18:09. Reason: Added link
Old 18th September 2012, 18:11   #17
BHPian

Welcome aboard Akshay. Greetings from another newbie. Good to see another rail fan You have given a wonderful introduction and and hope to hear more from you.
Cheers
Old 19th September 2012, 10:11   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
Welcome to Tbhp Akshay!

Wow. Thats all I can say. I dont understand much of technical stuff, but it looks great.

I hope we can have a demo some day? the bhpian lot in Pune are good company over breakfast, just keep an eye on the tapri meet thread. it would be great to meet up.
Actually it is part of my larger plan to keep pushing Akshay's envelope. Will keep a watch on the thread.

I had promised Samurai I would be adding my experiences under the Autism thread. Was having some down days health wise. Will pick up on that promise shortly.
sridhar-v is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2012, 11:17   #19

Thank you all for your kind wishes.
I have typed all the answers in notepad. Shridhar sir has helped me post my replies in this threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Welcome aboard Akshay! Guess yours is one of the detailed intro thread too! Nice to see your drawings & the pet pics too! yeah, even I was wondering how did you manage to get your doggie in the train!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
Welcome aboard Akshay!

HAHA! I love the photo of Lassie taking a nap on the pillow after having finished her book.

How did you manage to take her on the train? Is some special permission needed?
cya
R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfa Romeo View Post
hey akshay welcome and have a nice stay here . it was nice to see the pictures of your dad and the pet as well . btw how did you manage to get lassie onboard a train?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
May be military personnel have extra latitude. Just guessing.
My father had booked a ticket of an A.C first class 4 berth cabin for my parents, myself & pet dog lassie on a Duronto express from Pune to Howrah and Saraighat Express from Howrah to Guwahati. Then he took a special permission from the Chief Reservation Officer at Pune Station and Howrah Terminus. After that we went to the luggage counter to get the special luggage ticket for my pet dog lassie. Finally I have manage to take her on the train.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
Welcome aboard Akshay!

One of the select few who has used the Assembly Line section for the Introduction threads

In case this thread interests you, or if you have something to add :
The Autism Thread
Check these threads out :
The Model Railroad thread
Best and Worst Train Journey Experiences
The "Technical Stuff" section should keep you interested too, but do promise not to spend too much time on Team-BHP!

Does the CNC machine do the tapping as well?? Isn't that tricky?

cya
R
Thank you. I will look up the links.
The 4'x4' Plate Drilling Machine (3-Axis CNC Controlled) uses the NC-6150 Servo motor driven leadscrew controlled drilling & tapping head for tapping holes on the plate. Shridhar sir says rigid tapping is possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Even I love watching rail videos on Youtube (it kind of runs in my family!)

Here is another thread for you to add to Rehaan's suggestions

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...lway-pics.html
Thank you. I will look up the link.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaKilo View Post
Welcome Akshay. Amazing to see your engineering drawing work. So was the design your brain-child or you made the drawings only? Eager to see your contributions in Technical section.

Nothing can stop a determined humanbeing and I see that determination in you! I wish you all the best and all success with all your endeavours.

Welcome!
The designs and the 3d models are made by Shridhar Sir and Patil Sir. Then I did the drawings of the parts or sometimes the assemblies. Then they checked the drawings for mistakes. Then I did the corrections of that. I also made the TPL (Technical Parts List).

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
Welcome aboard!!
Im slightly cowed by the finished products above...
Fantastic.

By the by, what train is that?
I havent seen such a clean/maintained coupe in ages!
It was Duronto express- first class A.C coach.
salunke_akshay is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed