Team-BHP - Joined Team-BHP after ages of stalking
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Introduce yourself (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/introduce-yourself/)
-   -   Joined Team-BHP after ages of stalking (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/introduce-yourself/126806-joined-team-bhp-after-ages-stalking.html)

I first came to know of Team-BHP sometime in 2005. We were in our first year of Mechanical Engineering and consumed various media voraciously when it came to automobiles. Somehow I never wished to join this forum as I always felt I wasn't knowledgeable enough when it came to automobiles inspite of the fact that we (a couple of friends and yours truly) built a CVT from scratch around that time. Typical of Indian academia, our faculty asked us to stop doing "extra-curricular activities" and focus on academics instead. :Frustrati

Post mechanical engineering, I soon started up on my own. It was a magazine for indie music in India. We did quite a number of firsts in India - the first live cast of a show, the first indie podcasts, the first indie online radio etc. Sadly, we struggled to make money and soon disbanded after two years of awesome learning. And yes, as you might have guessed by now, I'm into music. I play the keyboard, guitar, tabla and a bit of drums. I compose music in my free time, though not professionally. And yes, I swear by Pink Floyd.

I was born in Chennai and was brought up mainly in Rajasthan thanks to appa's job as a banker. Loved every bit of Rajasthan and that's probably where the music bug bit me. I learnt Hindustani music for close to 6 years.

I bought my first motorbike - an Apache RTR 160 a few months into my startup (had to save up) and have been riding the beauty for close to two years now. The Apache has served me really well!

And I'm booking my first car this evening - a rally red top end Honda Brio! :D

I just can't wait!

And I should say, I came to this wonderful decision of buying a Brio thanks to Team-BHP. Now I know why people stalk! I have a huge list of people to thank - will do it in one shot here while I individually thank everybody in the days to come. Thanks a lot fellas!

More about me - I'm currently into sales and marketing in a small company in Chennai. We make enterprise solutions for retail companies, iOS/Android apps We do extensive work for the defense industry - firing simulators, submarine simulators etc., though I'm not directly involved in the defense field. We also make MES (Manufacturing Execution System) for assembly line based factories and our clientele include a number of ancillary industries (a leading Indian brake manufacturer and a company which makes seats and seat belts for car makers). I'm not sure if I can name them here - does the forum allow this?

That apart, I'm into writing. I write short stories, mostly dark humour, sci-fi, and fantasy. You can read my short stories here. I also make webcomics whenever time permits.

More links here.

Apologies for such a long introduction post. I hope to enjoy my stay here and yes, enjoy the Honda Brio!

P.S: I made the mistake of telling the team that I got into Team-BHP in my first attempt. Now I'm taking them for lunch!

Welcome to Team-BHP, Msnarain!

Quote:

Originally Posted by msnarain (Post 2910275)
Somehow I never wished to join this forum as I always felt I wasn't knowledgeable enough when it came to automobiles

Bad decision, we are all here to learn :). Better late than never!

Quote:

I'm into music. I play the keyboard, guitar, tabla and a bit of drums.
You have to upload some youtube videos for us. This dude plays & sings well:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYa8C6pxE5w

Quote:

And I should say, I came to this wonderful decision of buying a Brio thanks to Team-BHP.
Great car, lots of fun to drive for only 5 lakhs. I think of it as a high-powered gokart.

Quote:

I'm not sure if I can name them here - does the forum allow this?
Of course you can. Feel free to.

Quote:

I made the mistake of telling the team that I got into Team-BHP in my first attempt. Now I'm taking them for lunch!
clap:

Hope to see a detailed ownership report on your Brio. Drive safe.

Welcome aboard msnarain,

Congrats on your soon to be delivered Brio!

Quote:

I also make webcomics whenever time permits.

Hilarious stuff!

Reminds me a lot of TheOatmeal.

Was just reading this one in the morning and cracking up : My Dog, the paradox

Quote:

More links here.

HmmmmmmMM... whats this i see? You enjoy trolling internet forums? Don't get too carried away here! ;)

Quote:

P.S: I made the mistake of telling the team that I got into Team-BHP in my first attempt. Now I'm taking them for lunch!

Quickly get a temp ban and then make them treat you instead :)

cya
R

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO (Post 2910528)
You have to upload some youtube videos for us. This dude plays & sings well:

You dug his info out GTO! clap:

Quote:

Typical of Indian academia, our faculty asked us to stop doing "extra-curricular activities" and focus on academics instead.

Hi-five mate! Been through it, done it!!

Quote:

More links here.
haha! Funny! I like your cartoons.

Welcome. Wear seat belts, Drive safe.

Am enjoying the webcomics. Here's one auto-related one :D

Name:  7.png
Views: 563
Size:  37.3 KB

More here : http://causality.msnarain.com/

cya
R

Welcome aboard TBHP. Like GTO said, its never too late to learn and you should never stop learning all your life.

Looks like you have a lot of interesting things to teach people as well

Hey msn, you rock!! Welcome

Quote:

And I'm booking my first car this evening - a rally red top end Honda Brio! :D

I just can't wait!

Congrats on the Brio

Quote:

I'm not sure if I can name them here - does the forum allow this?

Forum rules allow this - but you need to check with the respective companies would allow their internal manufacturing set-up being made public

Quote:

Now that you have announced it here, all the members here (except perhaps GTO) will also ask you for a treat!!

Welcome aboard, msnarain! Glad to see you here, you're quite the twitter celebrity ;)

You can never really go wrong with a Honda - Brio is an excellent choice. Have fun and keep us posted with your experience!

Thanks for the warm welcome all.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO (Post 2910528)
You have to upload some youtube videos for us.

Will do soon, GTO.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rehaan (Post 2910539)
HmmmmmmMM... whats this i see? You enjoy trolling internet forums? Don't get too carried away here! ;)

Caught! :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by pganapathy (Post 2910598)
Welcome aboard TBHP. Like GTO said, its never too late to learn and you should never stop learning all your life.

True. I always believe we all never stop learning in life.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mallumowgli (Post 2910672)
Forum rules allow this - but you need to check with the respective companies would allow their internal manufacturing set-up being made public

Will check this out and see if I can post the same.

Quote:

Originally Posted by anekho (Post 2910971)
Welcome aboard, msnarain! Glad to see you here, you're quite the twitter celebrity ;)

Ouch! Let the Twitter secrets remain there! :D

Once again, thanks for the warm welcome. Looking forward to an awesome time here and the Team-BHP meets!